Eternal Lands Official Forums
scarr

my ideas for pk server

Bod, CoL and other expensive items make strong char, not a/d or p/c.

U can be 100a/d and big coord and if u r not rich enough u will lose vs some1 with 80a/d coz he will kill u in 1 hit with bod.

All will be clear after test period, u will see how easy players with money have if expensive items r ingame :)

mp

Personally I hope Ent takes the PK server oppurtinity to play around with a/d/p/c .. take out some of the bonuses given for p/c and put them into a/d where they belong . Then a fighter is a better fighter because he has trained and not because he has took neg perks to boost p/c

Personally I hope Ent takes the PK server oppurtinity to play around with a/d/p/c .. take out some of the bonuses given for p/c and put them into a/d where they belong . Then a fighter is a better fighter because he has trained and not because he has took neg perks to boost p/c

I agree completely Con! Something like an a/d modifier based on the Gaussian distribution of the difference in the fighter's p/c comes to mind. Set the the outside range to around a 15 lvl bonus.

I really don't see a problem with the expensive items. There are many MMOs out there where the items are more important than the attributes, and this is good, because it leads to "capture the flag" games, where those with expensive items become the target of those without.

As for tweaking the P/C for the combat, I don't mind the idea, I can make them give less bonus (something like the existing bonus/2).

p/c is fine as it is, if you get to less p/c you wont be able to hit targets that easy @_@ and training would be harder aswel

Thx for the tweaking p/c and a/d :>

About other mmorpgs and exepnsive items:

Col- about 2x max health, enables u to keep ur health at low lvl and concentrate on blocking/hitting abilities(big coord).

Bod- possibility to kill ppl in 1 blow even if they have playing/training 10 times longer and r way stronger.

Brod- possibility to break ur enemies equipment, even the one which is crazy expensive.

Here in el person with that expensive equipment is able to kill 40 a/d stronger player who uses decent equipment(tit serp+steel set but no col) in only 1 hit, i never saw such a big difference in other mmorpgs becouse of items.

Also u need to bare in mind that most ppl wont be able to make big gc on pk server:

-almost all maps r pk

-low lvl accounts and in most cases players will exp slow(coz of pk server, which is very good :whistle:

The only good/fast/safe way of making money will be buy things from players for $$$ or buy rostos from the shop and sell them for ingame gc.

U can also make gc on the main server, find person with $$$ and trade those gc for rostos on pk server. U can do that 1 time, maybe twice, not all the time.

mp

I thinl that most MMOs have some very 1337 powerful items in them that allow much lower level players beat higher level players.

The BoD is not one of those items though. it works only if you actually hit your target, and if the A/D difference is 40, as you suggested, it will not work.

The BoD is not one of those items though. it works only if you actually hit your target, and if the A/D difference is 40, as you suggested, it will not work.

Many ppl saw when Arigorn/liquid atted me with bod, and he kileld me on 1st hit, it was bod hit, i was 120+defense back then, i had tit serp+ tit chain, steel shield etc.

He was in 80's, iirc he was p40c64, i was p44c60 so we had similar p/c, and my defense was about 40 lvls more than his attack.

Still, i died on 1st hit which was Bod special hit.

Of coz u can tell it was just bad luck, still, even with enourmous amount of bad luck such things should not happen.

mp

p/c is fine as it is, if you get to less p/c you wont be able to hit targets that easy @_@ and training would be harder aswel

Not really because the purpose would be, if Ent halved p/c bonuses then as per suggestion they should be put into a/d.. so by the time you reach the right a/d to train fluffs for example, the added a/d bonuses will be giving you the equivalent of the right p/c for them .

Granted players will not be able to train spawns above there level a lot , but is that a bad thing ?

so by the time you reach the right a/d to train fluffs for example

If you half p/c and since a/d is cap to 100 i serious doubt u will be able to train on fluffy :>

If you half p/c and since a/d is cap to 100 i serious doubt u will be able to train on fluffy :>

I think it follows that with A/D cap in place, if p/c bonus is also adjusted, the stats for the monsters will also need tweaking. Otherwise the super-monsters such as chickens (or whatever those ebul things are called :evilgrin: ), giants and dragons will just become visual effects since nobody will dare attack them.

I think it follows that with A/D cap in place, if p/c bonus is also adjusted, the stats for the monsters will also need tweaking. Otherwise the super-monsters such as chickens (or whatever those ebul things are called :evilgrin: ), giants and dragons will just become visual effects since nobody will dare attack them.

If everything was left the same as it is now, with an a/d cap of 100 . will giants,yetis, dragons be trainable anyway ?

I really don't see a problem with the expensive items. There are many MMOs out there where the items are more important than the attributes, and this is good, because it leads to "capture the flag" games, where those with expensive items become the target of those without.

As for tweaking the P/C for the combat, I don't mind the idea, I can make them give less bonus (something like the existing bonus/2).

"Capture the flag" games exist when players have a good chance of dropping said expensive item when they die. In a server where people may use rostogols to protect a ti short sword, I find it unlikely that anyone will so much as carry a bone of death without several rostogols.

As for tweaking P/C, I'd greatly look forward to it :evilgrin: in hopes of such a tweak also being made to the normal server. The days of strategic builds, wherein too much p/c meant a strong pk'er, but almost no exp from training, are long gone. As it stands, the only 'strategy' with regard to fighting builds is how quickly you can pump coordination to 120+, and earn millions of gc to buy more.

Edited by asgnny

Agree with Scarr,

Well about gc-ppl who have $ will buy rosts,sell it to others,and buy CoL from NPC anyway

REst will dei fast or spend lot of time to BL+Bean when see Pkers

My idea is-make STORAGE NPC at beam

We all need make essies/pots w/o deager

Brod/Bod/Som r nub,no need to use it

Also make random invasions on all maps,but monster should be so strong as Mobs spawning in those maps

Also make few areas/maps no rost zones

Also no drop zone or even 2 would be cool too..ppl will fight for PK points

There will be some time before anyone has skill to make diss rings.

So there won't be any rings at the beginning :icon13:

Regards

Chryzopraz

You get at diss ring level quite fast (surely with cotton which you harvest and mix without stuff to wear, maybe except exc cloack).

Ent just metioned the tweaking p/c, not 100/100 a/d cap, that was suggested. i hope there isnt 100/100 a/d cap.

Ent just metioned the tweaking p/c, not 100/100 a/d cap, that was suggested. i hope there isnt 100/100 a/d cap.

:P you pwned yourself :P

Let's see, that clearly means there are two types of PKers: the ones that can't spell and the ones that can't read :)

Exceptions have been spotted on rare occasions :P

:rolleyes: you pwned yourself ;)

Let's see, that clearly means there are two types of PKers: the ones that can't spell and the ones that can't read :(

Exceptions have been spotted on rare occasions :)

its kinda hard 4 me to reply cuz u arent makin to much sense. explain?

From Ent's original PK server post:

(...)

So here are some of the differences between the standard server and the PK one (everything not described here will be the same) :

3. The a/d skill will be capped to level 100

:rolleyes: