Eternal Lands Official Forums
scarr

my ideas for pk server

I just sum up some ideas/suggestions how i think it should be done :devlish:

i dont know if there gonna be changes on pk server or that it just change like its on main but then pk evrywhere

anyways this is what i think would make the pk server a succes ;p

Remove branch of destruction

this weapon is the last thing we need, it make less fun of fights, and i think that the server will be empty in no time if its gonna be used..

Remove COLS/MOLS

Since there will be 1-2 sec cooldown (?) on items, we dont need these items, if you have lets say 300 health, you simply cannot die, i can know this because in my time, the old days when the highest lvl player was 90-100, and fought another 100 a/d player it would simply be a fight till potions where gone, you couldnt kill eachother..not even with no cooldown damage rings, and that was with 100-120HP

no need for these items!

Remove Bone of dead

no need for the change for 200 damage, *if* there wont be COLS

Multiple combat evrywhere

make it multiple combat evrywhere, bigger fights, so now you can team up more against higher level players that train on spots what was singlecombat.

Increase gold drops

since this is a pk server, we need some extra money to get replacements, also its going to be hard to buy potions/armors from other players, they might get killed while making stuff, so things will be more expensiver, and trust me pkers realy dont want to make money at blue lupines

remove whole C2

less maps = more players on one map = more fights

i add some more if i think of it

Edited by scarr

I agree with them all :P

Just not sure yet about removing C2...

But if we do it like you said with the rest I bet the pk server will be a succes :devlish:

i dont know if there gonna be changes on pk server or that it just change like its on main but then pk evrywhere

this weapon is the last thing we need, it make less fun of fights, and i think that the server will be empty in no time if its gonna be used..

Remove COLS/MOLS

Since there will be 1-2 sec cooldown (?) on items, we dont need these items, if you have lets say 300 health, you simply cannot die, i can know this because in my time, the old days when the highest lvl player was 90-100, and fought another 100 a/d player it would simply be a fight till potions where gone, you couldnt kill eachother..not even with no cooldown damage rings, and that was with 100-120HP

no need for these items!

Remove Bone of dead

Yes.

make it multiple combat evrywhere, bigger fights, so now you can team up more against higher level players that train on spots what was singlecombat.

Increase gold drops

since this is a pk server, we need some extra money to get replacements, also its going to be hard to buy potions/armors from other players, they might get killed while making stuff, so things will be more expensiver, and trust me pkers realy dont want to make money at blue lupines

remove whole C2

No.

Scarr's ideas r very good, its summs up to 1 suggestion- make pking cheap and avaiable for any1, which means:

1) U got a lot of Real $$ u got fun, u dont have them- u still got fun.( No big advantage if u got a lot of gc)

2) U got a lot of free time and play a lot- u got fun, but if u play not that much, like 2-3h/day and not every day- u still can have big fun and r not cannon fodder for stronger/richer players.(No big advantage if u got stronger character, not possible to make very strong character)

Those two "rules" applied to pking in oldschool times, and were broken in last 2 years updates:

-big cooldown durning fights- if u r weaker u have to run or die from stronger player very fast, u cant perform nice long fight, u also cant fight long if u r ganged,

-expensive equipment- u r spending most of ur time making money for equipment instead of pking/training and having fun,

-summon stones- u have no safe way to escape from some1 coz he can always use the stone to catch ur diss/flee, u also cant fight vs some1 who summoned a lot of strong monsters coz of stones( 3-4giants for example),

-brod- u have to use red cape, so cant mirror-hit on opponent, its also very deadly with invi pots,

-som- u lose ur mana very fast, fight is very short,

-mana destruction rings- u cant use mirror cape even if ur opponent doesnt use brod/bod, so he deals u big dmg with orc slayer/thermal serp and u cant mirror him,

-invisibility potion/spell- u dont see ur opponent till he attacks u, or till u wake up in underworld after he harmed u, that made training on pk maps very dangerous, especially with combination brod/summon stones,

-trainable monsters above weak mountain chim- u need to train and train to keep up with stronger ppl, players can reach very high a/d/p/c and still getting big exp(not anymore since yetis were changed, but they were trainable for almost a year, so long enough for ppl to get strong)

-buyable nexuses/nexus removal stones- if some1 is rich enough he can get very strong very fast and no1 can do anything about it, u cant serp spawn of this person or pk him coz he doesnt train and still is getting stronger.

( gratz if some1 still reading, was a long post :devlish: )

mp

Guest ohmygod

i agree with multi combat everywhere.

BROD well if they want to spend 320kgc to brod my steel chain i say let them waste their gc.

if a/d is caped,do we realy need all the extra maps with high lvl monsters that we cant even train on

well dragon would be fun tho, ganging a dragon with 10 players or so :devlish:

Edited by scarr

....well dragon would be fun tho, ganging a dragon with 10 players or so :devlish:
I agree mostly with your ideas, but if we have A/D caps and no CoL, dragon will still own 10 gangsters easily because only 1 person is taking dmg at a time. It just means the survivors get free XP for some minutes until dragon pwns the remaining guys!

Of course, if no CoL and stuff, maybe HP of super monsters like dragons could be reduced slighlty...

Edited by EaglePrince

ent already said a/d cap

hey you can stil harm/poison the dragon right :devlish:

but we prolly all die to it with only 100 a/d in 1 hit :P

isn't it harder to manage and update the PK server if so much of it diverges from the main server? IMO the smallest amount of differences possible would be best.

And DON"T Delete the Branch!

Remove COLS/MOLS

no need for these items!

Remove Bone of dead

Increase gold drops

remove whole C2

+5000, make PK like it used to be, when KF was full every night, you could always find a fight and everyone had a chance.

Agreed with every thing scarr mentioned, all these things will contribute to an awsome pk.

Also as mp said, no sick strong chars, no sick richness advantages, are a must, to let people come to pk server, so new people can play along.

When its up and running, ill reinstall el again :D .

I agree with whats said. Isnt there like a backup copy of what the server used to be like because thats what we basicly want.

I think if we removed COLs the new weapons and things would be too powerful. I think it all should be kept simple and the pk server should just rollback to a time when thermal serp was the best weapon ect ect....

Since only rostos could be sold in the shop i think you could have a random chance to produce a thermal serpent sword.

I agree with them all as well. It'll make life easier. Hell I WILL WAIT as long as needed if all these changes are implemented. and if they are i'm seeing like almost 80% of EL will vote YES

Given the prie of those items (BoD, BroD), and their very high break rate, I doubt many people will buy them.

As for the COL/MOL, they are also expensive, especialyl until people will be able to make them (loooong time).

I agree with them all as well. It'll make life easier. Hell I WILL WAIT as long as needed if all these changes are implemented. and if they are i'm seeing like almost 80% of EL will vote YES

Maybe it is easier to go back to EL 1.0 alpha program.. I am sorry that EL grew into something different then it was 5 years ago. wait...no I am happy it grew into something different. Do you really think that the nostalgal of EL two/ three years ago will make you all happy? It will bring back your glory days for a little while. but all in all EL has evolved into a differnet game. Those that wish for the old days so much will become sleepy harvesting furit on IP trying to get some gc's ahead. I personly think with the 30 or so people jumping on board a new pk server will get bored very quickly. perhaps I am wrong. I dont see this being a sucess. I think the thing you are searching for can be obtainable on the main server also..Just talk to each other and trust each other.. There was a lot of forum talk about a PK map with no rosto, also with guild_war etc....we all know where that ended up..a pk server wont save it. The only thing that will save PK in Eternal lands is having a chance of using your overall, high P/C etc and still being able to train A/D.. and get decent experience. Feros have helped a lot..and chims since the change have helped also. But more has to be done so that all those 100-110 AD players dont have to save 30-60PP just so they can train. on fluffy/fero and stay out of PK untill they feel comfortable fighting. With an chance to spend PP and train will bring more people spending there overall PP and get them out to pk more. I know more would come out for a day in KF if they didnt have to worry about there 115AD 28/32 PC

Actually I do think it will be a solution to the pk problem.

I see the new pk server more like a test server where I can have fun pking with people who love pking :)

Of course I won't stop playing on the main server and I will go to the pks once in a while there :)

I just think the pk server will be a different EL than we ever had and I want to try it because I'm curious.. hehe :)

Given the prie of those items (BoD, BroD), and their very high break rate, I doubt many people will buy them.

As for the COL/MOL, they are also expensive, especialyl until people will be able to make them (loooong time).

Does normal player who isnt able to buy CoL and BoD have any chances against some1 with BoD+CoL?

Imho 0 chances, especially that in most cases player with BoD+CoL will have higher stats from poorer/weaker player.

So why poorer/weaker player should train/play on the pk server if he knows he will never have a chance vs player with bod+col?

<edit>corrected 1 word

mp

Edited by masterpiter

just like on the main server ^^

even though i'd like BoD's out of the pk server i don't mind if they stay, if someone else can buy them you can too.

anyway will there be an oa lvl cap too? else ppl will still train if they reached 100 a/d for those pp and have massive p/c ~,~

Oa and a/d caps would be nice. At least for 1 year or more. 100 a/d is a lot. Maybe 80 a/d would be better.

Brod should be removed. Same with rings of mana destruction.

Cooldown time of summoning stones should be 10 sec. 3 seconds is ridiculous.

Both multi and non multi maps should remain.

I don't have any problem with col's and mol's. No, i don't like pking with steel chain and a tit long.

I did this in the past. El is much better now with the new armors and weapons.

I don't like the idea of 1 sec cooldown . Its a waste of sr's if col's remain in the game.

We don't need also all the maps.

Keep C2!!

There are only a dozen or so maps on Seridia, that will just be a chase fest. May as well just have one big arena and go at it! I need lots of space to get lost in so I can level up, and I'm sure others will want the same.

It might just be me, but I believe the excitement of a PK server is not just bashing heads but also surviving the head bashing! I remind you of Piggy from 'Lord of the Flies'..... heh, heh!

Keep C2!!

It might just be me, but I believe the excitement of a PK server is not just bashing heads but also surviving the head bashing!

U will not be able to survive if bunch of paypal n00bs with expensive equipment will be after ur head, and i mean u wont be able to survive even if u had my account from main server, with top5attack and top1 defense ingame+very big coord, if u r poor (cant use col+bod+ red cape urself).

Lets make a test:

Some1 who is on feros will fight me on test server, he will be around 250-300 CL, my account on test server got 140+coord and is over 400 CL.

Lets see if i can win vs 20 times weaker player if i use normal serp+leathers and no col, my opponent uses bod+col+mirror cape+ extra mana pots.

Every time bod hits me i lost :)

mp

[u will not be able to survive if bunch of paypal n00bs with expensive equipment will be after ur head

Where did you get there will be something like that ? I mean, that's many times (In all your posts to be more precise :D) you predict the worst assuming everyone will be buying tons of rostogol stones from someone who bough a 100 a/d and 150 coords char...

1) Such a strong char doesn't exist and won't exist before long, if ever (Here, no need to serve me all those calculations about exp/hour)

2) That char will be mine anyways :)

3) The top 5 on main server you were talking about is composed for more than 80% by chars still owned by their creator. Yes, i know you never said top 5 was made by bought chars, so, there's no reason for it to happen on a pk server where hopefully rank 1 will be shared by 20, 30 or even more chars thanks to the capped a/d.