Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest redskins

weird lagging

Guest redskins

my charter would constally stop in his tracks but other people and ncps still go on. now occsionaly everything will stop but its kind of rare. also the i have to resync alot i tried restarting my internet (i do have dile up that might be the prop idk) and the game i have my fps set to 20

intel pentium prossecer 4cpu 3.00 ghtz

512 ram

ATIRADEONxpress1100series GC

90gb free HD space

EL. 1.4.0

Vista

Internet- communication 12.5 kb per sec

Storage 1.5kb per sec

Dile up

I used to get this a lot on my old pc. I think most of it was from being on dial-up. If you haven't already done it, check and see if there is a new driver for your video card and like Looter suggested, turn down some of the graphic settings. Try playing with 'Poor Man' enabled and see if that helps.

Guest redskins

im on poor man and the detail is set to 10 i dont have shadows or anything lik that

the strange thing is if it was lagg wouldnt everything stop and not just me

my graphic card is updated i just checked 4 mor udates yesterday and it said there was none

The resyncs is probably your connection, at least mine were from dial-up. They stopped when I switched to cable.

Also, IIRC Vista itself can use upto 512mb of RAM just to run so that could be an issue there.

On another thought, I also play another game :lipssealed: and before I upgraded my video card my char would stop just as I went to attack something, but the mob would still move and come at me. Then all of the sudden everything would stop for just a second and then skip forward and go as normal. Is that what is happening to you? Once I upgraded my video card all that quit happening and goes smooth now.

And just to be sure, you checked for new driver on the ATI site and not via Vista for newer version?

Other than that I can't offer any other suggestions. Hopefully someone else perhaps knows more.

Hey Redskins. I get the same problem on mine. lots of resyncs and other characters still move while i am stuck to the spot. I did think it was a game problem or settings but have since found out it's my connection. I have broadband, but at peak times of the day my isp doesn't deliver a good connection and i can only think this would be worse on dial up.

the strange thing is if it was lagg wouldnt everything stop and not just me
lots of resyncs and other characters still move while i am stuck to the spot.

Not exactly... the messages for character movements are sent in batches from the server so its possible that the client has got some of the messages before the lag and hence other characters have their commands to move, but not yours.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this