Eternal Lands Official Forums
-Nostalg

Perks

I agree, there is no need for big weapons/armors for that we already have the non pk main server.

If people start to have too good things pk will decrease abrutely cuz everyone will be more concerned in getting money then actually pk.

Anything beyond iron set and serp sword is not good and since that already demand the use of rosto all interests on game are assured: pk fun and shop sells.

if you need to pk your items, well then you need to pk them wich is more pks @_@

So all the other maps will be multi too???

I hope they won't. Differences between single and multi PK maps are nice, there will be more strategy = more pk = more items and rostos breaking = more happy people = more money :P:devlish::cry:

id say: cap oa at lvl 100 and all pps earned above oa 100 can only be used on positive perks.

Will give some motivation to still train above lvl 100...would be like earning some special skills after reaching the oa lvl cap :o

id say: cap oa at lvl 100 and all pps earned above oa 100 can only be used on positive perks.

Will give some motivation to still train above lvl 100...would be like earning some special skills after reaching the oa lvl cap :blush:

Could you please explain how to earn PPs after an OA cap? :P

Will give some motivation to still train above lvl 100...would be like earning some special skills after reaching the oa lvl cap :blush:

Could you please explain how to earn PPs after an OA cap? :P

Let's say there wouldn't be "limit" for oa, but you could only add 100 pickpoints to attributes (so maximum would be 100 + 6*4 = 124). Rest should go to nexuses or perks.

This would be perfect idea.

Edited by ville-v

yeh i like it, i was already thinking of somehting simlair, perks are good..but not worth the pickpoints

this way people actualy use perks like bp perk etc, would add some cool gameplay

Edited by scarr

I am not sure about the OA cap, I don't think it will be needed.

As for the perks, yes, anti social can seem to be meaningless in the context of multiplaying, but then again, everyone can do it, so...

I guess we'll have a vote on that too.

As for the perks, yes, anti social can seem to be meaningless in the context of multiplaying, but then again, everyone can do it, so...
True, except not everyone will be multi-playing. Those with just a single character won't have the option of taking the perk and using their alt to do all the NPC transactions.

Of course you could still argue the point either way. Remove the perk so it's a level field for everyone. Keep the perk and those willing to spend more money (for multiple characters) get even more advantage.

Everyone is free to have two or more characters. I really doubt that paying 5 USD for a char is a problem for anyone that pays a few more times than that every month for their internet, electricity, etc.

Depends what u wanna have on the server, with 100a/d ppl can make big exp on pvp( like 300k oa exp per hour) and about 350k on feros, if they got big coord.

Nezaket is 158oa and most( like 90-95%) of her exp she made on single desert chim, she probably had ~200k/h.

140 oa will be reachable on pvp, since it will be easy to kill/stop some1 who trains on monsters.

I would prefer to have oa caped at max 120 lvl, maybe even less, otherwise ppl will train and train instead of pking :)

mp

Depends what u wanna have on the server, with 100a/d ppl can make big exp on pvp( like 300k oa exp per hour) and about 350k on feros, if they got big coord.

Nezaket is 158oa and most( like 90-95%) of her exp she made on single desert chim, she probably had ~200k/h.

140 oa will be reachable on pvp, since it will be easy to kill/stop some1 who trains on monsters.

I would prefer to have oa caped at max 120 lvl, maybe even less, otherwise ppl will train and train instead of pking :)

mp

Indeed, if oa will not be capped, whenever someone gets beaten by someone with both the max a/d... hell go train to get more oa to beat him, which is the case on main server already.

In the long run, some people will have 140/150 oa, and newcomers will think twice before trying to be able to pk with the people who started on the server at the beginning.

Making 140 oa from scratch, to get to the strenght the high people have, is no fun, especially not on an all pk server.

This very thing depends on whether I am gonna play or not. The sick p/c is what is partly the problem for pk on main server, the huge differences. (Combined with all the special armor/weapons).

yeah OA cap at 100 seems nice too and for most people to get OA 100 and a/d 100 will already demand to play over 1 year. We can't think on the 10 players that can play 8h day we must think on the average player that can afford to play 2 or 3h day.

And if all perks are kept people can already take advantage of Anti perk , Power Hungry , Godless etc which will provide a nice initial pp boost.

Either cap OA or cap p/c - OA cap is better because it forces people to choose where to put the PPs, however if ent really doesn't want to do that then capping p/c would mean it didn't get out of control.

Anything to stop p/c getting too big - otherwise this PK server will be ruined (in respect to the aim of it; PK)

Instead of an overall cap, i think that a cap on attributes or cross-attibutes would be better. On a pk server, if you have such a limited number of PPs, you'd put everything on p/c just to be strong and keep up with the "pure"fighters and nothing on perk/nexus. while with limited attributes, you still can use your PPs for something else.

i think the best suggestion so far was OA cap 100 and evrything over 100 goes into either perks or nexus

i think the best suggestion so far was OA cap 100 and evrything over 100 goes into either perks or nexus

So that everyone put their 100 first PP on p/c and start getting things like human/animal nexus or perks starting OA 101 ? That way, it's sure noone would wear a COL before OA 105 as 5 human are needed to use it. Noone would buy a rostogol stone either unless they really don't want to drop their leather boots when dieing :whistle:

Unless you meant limiting the number of attributes to 100 which is basically what i was saying. Though limiting cross-attributes would be even better imho. For exmple might limited to 50 or60 (That's 1000-1200 emu and you hit quite hard, still good ;) ), matter limited to 40 (200 hp i think), or perception limited to 20 as if i'm correct it's more than enough to see at night like in plain day. That's just examples though, a lower limit could be good enough.

yeh ofcourse, runing around in leathers on oa 100 isnt realy what we need...

or perheps make it that you can only spend 70 OAs on cross attrbutes, the other 30 you put either in nexus or perks, this way each char gets diffrent ..will you pick the bp perk, mirror perk or maby even glow in the dark..

dont know about neg perks tho :x

Edited by scarr

Um... I'm losing some context here! Questions:

How quickly are we going to reach levels high enough to do major damage to each other?

How many 'goodies' can we buy from the store to beat everyone else down with our cash, not our smarts?

How soon will the first guilds be created?

Why are high level armor and weapons being discussed before we even meet the Wraith naked and start out?

Who will create rules in a world without any? And who will obey them?

I've got no problem with a pack of newbs with ebul names trying to strangle each other at the White Stone docks, but it seems like that will be what happens after the first few hours! I know I'll be heading away from that situation as fast as I can, then go leveling.

A lot about the PK server involves cooperation between players. That's hard to explain, but it will become evident fairly quickly I think. The opportunity for us to go rushing at each other, no holds barred, will teach many lessons and create many interesting situations! Heh, heh, the Evil Finger of Pointy is in your direction, Mr. Wise Guy! I have a feeling we will all survive the PK server for years to come, newbies and pros alike.......

:evilgrin: I got 5 gc on it!

I would prefer to have oa caped at max 120 lvl, maybe even less, otherwise ppl will train and train instead of pking :D

mp

It seems you are excepting a/d to give oa exp even after reaching the level cap. How would the situation change if it didn't? :evilgrin: