Eternal Lands Official Forums
-Nostalg

Perks

Hey all!

I was wondering, since we're all preparing to go to the pk server.

What will happen to the perks? And I'm not talking about just the negative ones or just the positive ones.. what will happen to all the perks?

Would you guys prefer to see them removed or would you like to be able to use them?

Your thoughts please :hehe:

Edited by -Nostalg

I'd say it would be good to remove some perks, like antisocial, which is regarded as free PPs for fighters. Besides, if we are allowed to multiplay, this perk really is free PPs for the main character.

And most positive perks should stay. Like excavator, for those who want to be miners/mixers but not to loose exp cape everytime they got PKed.

Regards

Chryzopraz

just leave them in, much less effort and since EVERYONE can get the "free PPs" it makes no difference. Everyone will have the chance be equal, just depends if they choose to take it.

Edited by Deified

If multi is allowed than antisocial and harvester of sorrow perks have no use, but lets w8 and see what devs decide, it will be fair for every1 after all, mixers can take antisocial too, same with hos :hehe:

I love idea of lvl capacity :devlish:

mp

I'd like having only following negative perks in game:

Gelatine bones

Godless

Hellspawn

I can't dance

Why? Those are only ones that are really negative.

Positive ones should stay in game.

oa lvl should be caped imo

indeed.

i believe ent said that the oa lvl on the test server would be caped at lvl 100.

There should a few changes as possible from the normal game if for no other reason than keeping it simple for Entropy to set up and us to deal with!

Over time lots of adjustments will probably have to be made anyway, and I don't think anyone can predict how the PK server will operate. It will completely depend on our behavior once we work with. It's a lot of fun to speculate, but the sooner it gets going without a ton of changes, the better for everyone I believe.

In the normal game, I pile on the negs with a new character and reset at least once getting rid of them. I'd like to do the same in PK, but probably with adjustments.

I hope we can change the things we liked to see changed when we're playing can still be changed lol.

I agree, it's always hard to predict how something will turn out... that's why we're all probably trying to make it as good as possible even before we start

Edited by -Nostalg

Powerhungry,hellspawn and harvester of sorrow should be removed.

Scotty died should remain so that players wont be able to beam.

Positive perks like evanescence and mirror skin perk shouldn't require pps to get em. Maybe some god quests.

I glow in the dark and bp perk (Mortos quest). Mirror skin and evanescence (aluwen).

Or at least fewer pps.

oa lvl should be caped imo

indeed.

i believe ent said that the oa lvl on the test server would be caped at lvl 100.

a/d 100 caped, but if this is true.. quote it please

I woud put that for negative perks you need to pay much more gold. That way people woudnt be able to take them on the begining.

here ya go...

I was thinking lately to make a PK server, for the players that like PKing more than they like the other skills.

However, I would like to know first if people are actually interested in such a server first.

So here are some of the differences between the standard server and the PK one (everything not described here will be the same) :

1. All the maps but IP and the underworlds will be PK.

2. The cities in the maps will be safe zones.

3. The a/d skill will be capped to level 100

4. The rostogol stones will be less rare, and their price from the shop will be lower (1 USD each)

5. There will be far less moderation, and there will be no rules against multiplaying (however, see next point)

6. There will be a fee to be able to create a character on the PK server. Something like 5 USD per character, unlimited play.

7. The only thing available from the shop for that server will be the rostogol stones. No swords, EFEs, etc.

8. The updates for that server will be more rare than on the main server. That means that if we have 3 updates for the main server, there will be only one update for the PK server, although that update will contain all the 3 updates combined.

9. You will NOT be able to transfer characters between servers!

That's about it. If you have questions not already answered, or suggestions, let me know.

Also, let me know if you would be interested in such a server, and if you'll pay the fee.

its in ents first post in the pk server topic in general chat.

and it appears theres 2 P's in 'capped'.

oa lvl should be caped imo :(

indeed.

Agreed. If a/d/oa are capped, this will mean, pking will be Awsome, in the long turn especially.

When more and more players get same/max stats :icon13: I imagine great battles between 50+ equal players. D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D (Hope so)

here ya go...

I believe scarr was asking where it was stated that OA would be capped to 100, not just a/d.

As far as I have seen, this has not been stated.

S.

Edit: Borked quotes

Edited by Spleenfeeder

I believe scarr was asking where it was stated that OA would be capped to 100, not just a/d.

As far as I have seen, this has not been stated.

oopsie

oa lvl should be caped imo :(

indeed.

Agreed. If a/d/oa are capped, this will mean, pking will be Awsome, in the long turn especially.

When more and more players get same/max stats :icon13: I imagine great battles between 50+ equal players. D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D (Hope so)

OMG, Imagine..... HUGE KF fights... like it's always on no drop days :(

On pk server there wont be big fights on kf lol. This map has no resources.

Imho big fights will be in the area of glac sto-silver cave and near mm sto-cave. And in other places from where u can gain something.

Like Scarr posted before, the less maps the better- otherwise it will be 1-2 players on each map and never big fight=/

mp

On pk server there wont be big fights on kf lol. This map has no resources.

Imho big fights will be in the area of glac sto-silver cave and near mm sto-cave. And in other places from where u can gain something.

Like Scarr posted before, the less maps the better- otherwise it will be 1-2 players on each map and never big fight=/

mp

The less maps, the less chance to harvest stuff, the less chance you get weapons/armors/essences from other players. Happy?

The less maps, the less chance to harvest stuff, the less chance you get weapons/armors/essences from other players. Happy?

The less maps, the less chance to harvest stuff w/o fighting, and i hope to have a lot of fights :icon13:

Btw, to have fun with pk u dont need expensive weapons/armors, as long as ur opponent doesnt have them too :D

you seem to care alot about the harvesters. its a pk server, if u dont like it stay out of it lol..

yes less weapons is cool, so now people are not able to buy them from players , they either buy a tit long for some crazy price of hope for good drops ;*) gives some motivation to train

Edited by scarr