Eternal Lands Official Forums

Help a N00b please :)

Heya

It's been quite some time since I played EL. I'd like to get back in the game and see some old friends (if they're still here) so I downloaded the game; I get to the login screen but cannot log in. I know that I remember my password and everything correctly..There must be something I'm doing wrong/not doing with regards to connecting to the server. Is there something more that I needed to do after installing the latest version of the game?

Thanks!:D

How much time since you last played?

We had a "big crash" quite a while back, and all characters were lost and everyone had to remake them.

There is currently a 007 character but it doesn't seem to be yours, unless you were here in july and your ip changed.

Oh I'd say it's been a year or so, maybe a bit longer. I remember resetting my character after a huge crash a while back. I'm looking at the current 007's stats and they are exactly as I remember them being.

I think the problem is a lack of server connection. I'm using Vista, does that change anything?

I had the same problem with Vista, it was because of my video card. I had to upgrade it first. I was able to log in but my screen went black and I couldn't play, since I upgraded my video card it runs good :hehe:

What's your video card?

If it's a ATI card I can give you the site :devlish:

I had the same problem with Vista, it was because of my video card. I had to upgrade it first. I was able to log in but my screen went black and I couldn't play, since I upgraded my video card it runs good :lurker:

What's your video card?

If it's a ATI card I can give you the site :(

I'm a total computer newb :confused: how do I view what my video card is?

Having windows XP, I go to Start then into My Computer then under System Tasks I click on View System Information. Click on the Hardware tab then Device Manager then click on Display Adapters, which will tell you what card you have.

Hope that helps, I never saw vista so no idea if it functions the same.

(I'm also sure there is a shorter way but I don't remember :confused: )

Start Menu > Run > Type in "dxdiag" without quoatation marks > go to Display, works on Vista if i remember correctly. :happy:

Just out of couriosity, can you create a new account? (008 comes in mind :icon13: )

Or cant you even get the char creation screen?

Piper

I can get to the character creation map but after creating a character I can't connect.

Start Menu > Run > Type in "dxdiag" without quoatation marks > go to Display, works on Vista if i remember correctly. :D

aha! Here's what it says:

compinfo.jpg

Edited by 7

omfg 007!!

dude that's not helpful at all. wtf :angry: .

JK!!! long time no see dan :P:blush::D:hug:

(btw i have my own thread in greetings)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.