Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Invasion 10/13/2007

woooohoooo even a god showed up at PURE's party ;)

Fantastic invasion and a perfect way to celebrate the 1st anniversary of our guild.

Lost 3 rosto's. I don't mind but when your having fun fighting and suddenly get teamed by a ton of bears, white tigers or even like at the end a lot of giants.... a bit over done i think.

This invasion had a nice beginning but a bitter end. if you dis 1 dragon and the next is already waiting for you..... Looks like a rosto removal invasion to me.

I've seen ppl fighting a dragon and suddenly paralyzed by a bunch of spiders.... no1 can stand that

Stupid Invasions on Popular Places, i lost a lot Rostos the last Weeks for it, by afk Harvesting. ;)

I ve nothing about Invasions generally, but why not only in PK or on Silent maps without Store?

so, can everyone decide himself to go there who like Invasions.

This night my char can a bit Glowing in the Hell....

bye bye :devlish:

Well, one of the reasons for invasions is to remove rostogols.

Another reason is to have fun.

The idea is that invasions are inherently dangerous, and if you chose to participate in one, there is a good chance to die. If you don't like the thrill, you can always go and kill monsters at their spawn :devlish:

I've seen ppl fighting a dragon and suddenly paralyzed by a bunch of spiders.... no1 can stand that

I had a blast until the damn spiders showed up

I can understand you wanna have Invas with competition and getting rostogols outta the game

but it should be fair after all. i was in the middle of the bears and tigers. it wouldnt have been a prob

at all but i had resyncs all over and i normally never lagg or have any resync....

rather unfair counting on that..

Anyways. burned 2 rostos but still had a hell lot of fun.

Well, it is fair because (unless you are AFK) it is your choice if you want to participate or not.

The invasions are supposed to be dangerous and have people die, or else it would be just like having a lot of spawns in one place :devlish:

Nice invasion but the cockatrices and dragons made too much lag.

Giants were not a problem because they move so slow and were not so crowded, the same yetis.

Gave up fighting dragons because I got too many resyncs with black screen several secs.

Even if I just had updated my drivers and turned poor man on, did I loose connection 2 times and died 2 times because of lag.

It took a lot of the fun.

Well I had a load of fun removing rostos from the game last night ;) After my third I went naked and had as much fun dodging the monsters (or not dodging well enough) as I had had killing them earlier.

It's always easy to moan about things that get lost in the game but at the end of the day they are just pixels and the invasions that happen help create a good sense of community with everyone working together. There were certainly plenty of laughs to be had reading the convos in channel 6. If you go afk without getting yourself somewhere safe there is always a risk you may get caught in an invasion.

Last night was a perfect combination of a comp then and invasion, my two fave things and they fullfilled my wish from earlier in the day for something exciting to happen, so thanks to Wolfy, Stormie and Acelon for breaking the routine of harving and mixing that make up most of my EL days and congrats on Pure's first birthday.

One of my fave comments was that Irsis sto was 'Out of Order' here's why :devlish:

invasion3.jpg

Ok, I guess next invasion will need to be more spread out to cause less lag.

I think its better, too much lag give's you no change at all. i could defend myself against trolls, phantoms and then got teamed by too many cyclops. No problem, No problem i die either, afterall they are a bit too strong for me. But getting killed by a blackscreen.... nah that is too bad.

About teaming up...We didn't even get a change to do so because of other monsters were dropped in assoon as we tried.

Overall it was fun. even that i ignored the irsis storage msg LOL barely could escape, and as Mortos said He would remove the monsters himself, Who could have guessed he would take out the ppl infront of the storage first ROFL.

Anyway, now i have to start digging again so i could also participate in a next invasion without loosing my deadbag... Hoping for some rotsto's on my Path :devlish:

Missed it but i see nice fun was here :devlish:

Well, maybe better luck next time, still got so many rostos to waste ;)

I hope some ppl wont take rostos next time so friendly bagjumper can "save" their stuff, im happy even with cheap items, like tit longs and such ;)

mp

I don't know what to say really.....I HAD A BLAST and thank you A.....Mortos ...for playing with the witches last night:). The whole role play side of it with us jibing back and forth added to it IMO and it was one of the best invasions ever. 3 Rostos out of game for me (I can see Ent jumping for joy :P well PK event today will probably loose 5 more wonder if that warrents a proposal? :P)

Now most of you had a blast but as usual are a few people moaning.....well...

1. There are invasions all over c1 and c2 now so if you going to go afk do it somewhere safe!!

2. If you don't want to loose rostos and break items (and yes I did both last night) go and sit on IP where you are safe and help the newbies out for a bit.

3. If you choose to participate and you die then guess what? Tough!

Now I admit that the lag was a little much...I died twice with my comp locking up even on poor man but I shouted at Mortos in PM and he did spread them out a little more after. At one point I have about 200 armed gobs round me (easy kills so np) and had to force the client to close and reload it (damn I need a better processor :P) but at the end of the day....if you don't want to die hide somewhere cosy and warm, read a book, help the newbies..there are 1000's of other things to do in game no one forces you to participate.

All in all we had the best night :P Even if we did only manage to summon a lesser god ;) now we need to plan how to top it next year ;)

Wolfy

I hope some ppl wont take rostos next time so friendly bagjumper can "save" their stuff, im happy even with cheap items, like tit longs and such ;)

mp

Follow me around because I never take a rosto to invasions.. why ? because by the very nature of the thing i know that sometime im going to die.. wether thats to trices in portals room or random placed giants or teamed by 10 fluffs . so i never wear anything that i dont mind losing (so no rosto's lost and no moaning after). I just go for the fun and if i die 10-20 times no biggy.

dying to lag is a pain and i agree monsters should be placed further apart.. cool mortos wants 20 giants.. spread them out abit around the map dont dump them in one room lol ;)

The invasion was a blast. It was fun trying to avoid giants and dragons outside and the storage invasion was a nice new twist. Popping in those giants and cockatrices after we all thought we had a handle on the feros was just evil. I lost three rost I think, but it was great fun.

As others have stated, resyncs were a problem. Might have to play around with my ini settings a bit to try and come up with some invasion settings to deal with that.

1. There are invasions all over c1 and c2 now so if you going to go afk do it somewhere safe!!

I consider an inside storage safe, but viewing that screeny there was an invasion inside the storage. So actually there is no real safe place ;)

I consider an inside storage safe, but viewing that screeny there was an invasion inside the storage. So actually there is no real safe place ;)

Isla Prima is usually safe place. Have you heard of that map? It is on c1.

Isla Prima is usually safe place. Have you heard of that map? It is on c1.

So everytime you go afk you go to IP? ;)