Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PlaX

My char "PlaX" get banned.Why?

Ok i was playing yesterday night and i dont know of anyrule i violated but i was talking with a mod and he told me i have broke rule #5. I was thinking. I have a friend which is playing EL too and i think a long time ago he played on my computer once when we came from school. I stopped to play EL for sometime and yesterday when i came i needed some help desperatly.Therefore my friend give me some basic items and gold. If the mod who banned me saw this as violation please contact me,becouse i am sure i can somehow prove we are friends,two different people so its not MULTI .

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my bad english :hug:

Yes it's illegal multi, rule 5. And this was certainly not about some basic items, nor was it a long time ago. It is almost daily, on a VERY large scale. (Think Rotwar and Spare) ;)

By any chance did you read the entire rule?

5. Do not cheat.

Cheating in the game means using outdated or illegal clients, outdated or illegal unofficial map(.elm) files that have been altered from the official versions, unregistered and/or unapproved bots, macroing, automating, scripting, exploiting bugs, muling, or any other form of illegal multi-playing*.

To use a bot, it must be registered and approved; it must adhere to the rules of the client's license and all your code must be open source. If you find a bug in the game, you must tell the owners of Eternal Lands immediately.

*Illegal multi-playing means using more than one character to help you gain benefits that using a single character would not. Illegal multi-playing includes but is not limited to: muling, deathbag sitting, pvp training, luring people to pk maps with one character while lying in wait with another. Also note that it is very difficult to be able to define each and every form of illegal multi-playing or cheating, so these matters will be reveiwed and punishments decided upon on a case by case basis.

1. NO same-owner IP trading. If caught, unless you can PROVE you are legitimate family/significant other, you WILL be punished. (This does not legitimize breaking the rest of these rules). Proof will be determined on a case by case basis. Abusing same IP trading and/or lying will result in severe consequences.

2. Middlemen are NOT allowed and do not make same IP trading legal between characters. (This includes getting somebody else to log on to one of your characters for the sole purpose of aquiring a different IP to make the trade)

3. Bag trading not allowed between same IP characters to bypass this rule.

4. We do not make exceptions for "well" leveled characters to be allowed to trade.

5. Owning multiple characters IS legal as long as they do not interact, and do not help each other.

6. Guild storages will be considered as bots, even if they are not run by a program. They must be declared and registered on the official list. They will follow all ingame rules AND all bot rules.

Oh so that is it huh?Well i dont know how to prove this to you but i have 2 char in this game: PlaX my old char and Faxis (created this one just now to play when i am banned) Those 2 chars you spoke about are both my friend´s Spare and rotwar are not my chars. And if he violate the rule 5 you should speak with him.Yesterday afternoon his char rotwar gave me some basic items becouse i came back to game after some time and i was absolutly unequiped. But as i said neither Spare or Rotwar are my chars.

If you chacked the IP´s and they are the same its becouse we live in the same city part and we have the same internet provider. i am not sure if we have the same IP on NET but if so,there is no way to prove you we are 2 different people right? ;)

Edited by PlaX

If you chacked the IP´s and they are the same its becouse we live in the same city part and we have the same internet provider. i am not sure if we have the same IP on NET but if so,there is no way to prove you we are 2 different people right?

They can't be the same unless you both use same router to access internet. Each Public IP is unique. You guys can be on the same subnet from your provider but never with equals IP.

We live like two hundred metres from each other so i think we are on the same router. As i said if Spare(Rotwar) violated any rules speak with him please and look to my character "PlaX" and unlock him if possible. I am really looking forward to kick some troll´s butts ;)

Well for the most part rotwar and spare play from your IP. There is a second IP that spare and rotwar play from sometimes, but at best this character is shared.

Well,,, its not shared.mybe its from the same IP but not the same computer. But from what i know if we are on the same router i dont have any option how to prove you. Spare should come back from school in any minut he ll surely write in this topic too becouse he will be rly upset about his ban ;) maybe then you can somehow check if we are one or two persons? I dont know i really dont know so much about computers i just want to clear things up. It s simply not as it looks

From what i know our internet provider offer something like public IP but neither I nor Spare have this thing becouse it cost monthly fee. But if it is so,i cannot stop thinking why we didnt get banned a looong time ago becouse we were always playing like this. Please try to think about a way how you can verify that we are two different people playing from two different computers. If there is no such a way, well then i am done :P

Ermm i have read the post called "Whitelist" but i dont think a really get the point,however our provider (inet4) offer emails like this : xxxxx@inet4.cz

Can this help anyhow?

And again sorry for my english i know it must be painful to read my messages ;)

Edited by PlaX

Well for the most part rotwar and spare play from your IP. There is a second IP that spare and rotwar play from sometimes, but at best this character is shared.

Ok to speak about this Spare have two computers his main PC on which he use the same Wi-fi provider as Me and then he have a notebook on which he use some kind of connection over cell phone i think. Or maybe he plays from school i dont know. If ill really never get unlocked it will be a bit of irony , we dont even know each others passwords ;)

Ok Spare just came home and we have talked with each other on ICQ. We have tried this site IP adress location and we both have the same IP which is 81.31.45.130 .However the IP adress i have in my windows preferences is 10.108.12.25 . Spares windows list this IP: 10.108.12.37 . Our wi-fi is connected to the same AP so i gueese its the reason why we have the same IP on internet

And yes spare admit he play for Spare and Rotwar at the same time with two clients on but he refuse that he ever broke the rule 5 about multiplaying but if you have any proof of this then please speak with him it dont have anything to do with char PlaX. I know the situation is starting to be a little bit complicated but i hope it will be solved :/

Edited by PlaX

However the IP adress i have in my windows preferences is 10.108.12.25 . Spares windows list this IP: 10.108.12.37

These are private range class A IP's.

This is the public IP and what's giving you guys trouble cuz trade are made from a single public IP. Your private IP dosent show up, its only internally to the private network.

So you guys live in different homes and share same wireless connection ?

Look. We live like 200 meter from each other and yes we have the same wireless conection from Inet4 our aerial are targeted to the same access point wchich is maybe why we have the same IPs on outer internet

Ok going on the assumption you are 2 separate people:

1. Spare and Rotwar have loads of illegal multiplay just among themselves, I can see the armour and weapons and supplies and hundreds of thousands of gc going back and forth between characters in their storage logs. Not even an issue, these characters won't get unlocked, and at best one might with at least a complete item wipe and reset. But that's a big if.

2. I still see trades with Plax going on AND sneaky bag trades as well with quick log offs. Still looks shared, and if it was two legitimate people, why sneak around with bag trades? (and yes you were caught in the act by another mod).

3. Spare/rotwar needs to speak for himself. I am sure he is capable of making a forum account.

For trades between Rotwar and Spare i cannot speak. However spare is not home now he should be home in like 4 hours you can speak with him afterwards. He aslo told me his forum accont is not verified or whatever so this might be a problem. Sneaky bag trades? ;) i think i can explain this but you surely wont beliave me i wasnt playing EL for like a year or so (now i mean char PlaX) and yesterday i came back to game we go hunting together with spares char RotWar. He gave me some stuff in trade and the when we were hunting trolls he droped a MM cloak for me to the ground to the bag(probbably he was too lazy to trade me :-) and if you have seen any so called "quick log offs" i can explain this too. On my keyboard one of common shortcuts to write this character # is alt +x i am used to make this symbol by ALT+X however in EL it exits my game. As i said i came back to EL after some time when i wastn playing so i am still not used to this. If you unlock me you can still watch over me and you will see i will make some more "quick log offs" time after time until i get used to the fact ALT+X shuts the game ;)

ok i know this all sounds really suspicious so ill let the judgment on you. But i can assure you i have no bad intentions i just want to clear up all the chaos in this issue.

The most suspicious thing for you must be the fact spare still didnt post anything. As i said he was homa just for a short time and he chat with me on ICQ ant toldme his forrum account is not verefied so he cannot post anything here. Btw i think your a bit of Multi hunter :P those stuff you said -sneaky bag trades with quick log offs? When you look to your logs you see cheaters and scammers but the situation was really absolutely different. Just dont look into your logs as if we are 100% guilty but try to suppose we are not guilty then things can look absolutely different

Edited by PlaX

He aslo told me his forum accont is not verified or whatever so this might be a problem.

I see no forum registrations with either name or from this shared ip, or his cell IP. Maybe somebody could give me a forum account name to look for.

Sneaky bag trades? ;) i think i can explain this but you surely wont beliave me i wasnt playing EL for like a year or so (now i mean char PlaX) and yesterday i came back to game we go hunting together with spares char RotWar. He gave me some stuff in trade and the when we were hunting trolls he droped a MM cloak for me to the ground to the bag(probbably he was too lazy to trade me :-)
Actually it was at a tradebot in TG, emporium.

Yes we were at emporium but i dont remember any bag trades there. maybe common trades for some gc becouse we were there to buy medailons can you tell me what was the object of bag trade in this?And to speak about his forum account i dindt spoke about it with him too much,he told me he cannot post on forums becouse his account was never verified by a MOD

Yes we were at emporium but i dont remember any bag trades there. maybe common trades for some gc becouse we were there to buy medailons can you tell me what was the object of bag trade in this?

There was a bag trade, you tell me the purpose. Usually the purpose is to avoid a same ip trade logging when it's between 2 players on the same ip at the same time.

And to speak about his forum account i dindt spoke about it with him too much,he told me he cannot post on forums becouse his account was never verified by a MOD
There is no account to validate unless it's a different name under a different IP, which I would have no way to know it's him to validate :pinch:

When we first start playing we were using a Dial up connection maybe he had tried to create an account from that IP however dial up changes your IP randomly every time you connect right?When Spare will come back ill tell you his forum name ok? maybe then we can make some progress.

Edited by PlaX

Ok Spare is home and he told me he tried 2 forum acc Spare and Rotwar but neither one of them worked for him he said he mainly tried to use rotwar he was able to log in but he cannot write posts so i think there is something wrong with his forum acc or hes so dump he cannot even create a forum acc properly :pinch: Also Spare said you should search the chat logs between Spare+Rotwar and PlaX. I must agree with him it would be stupid if 2 multi chars would be PMing each other :hiya: Spare is asking for your ICQ becouse his forum acc in not working he want to speak with you on ICQ is that possible?you can PM me on forums with your ICQ number if you dont want to write it here.

I know this all can be a little annoying for you and i am thankful for your help

Edited by PlaX

What's wrong is he isn't validating his email (helps to read instructions :pinch: ) Also there is no rotwar account, only a new spare.

We don't keep chatlog records.

And no, i'm not giving out any of my messengers.

You dont keep chat logs huh? thats not good for us :pinch: i think it wont be of any help if we send you our chatlogs right? So this is not the way to solve this .. Ok spare has created a new char ingame can he talk to you in game by PMs?

Spare told me he just manage to log in to forums with "spare" and he says someone must "granted" his account

Edited by PlaX

You dont keep chat logs huh? thats not good for us :pinch: i think it wont be of any help if we send you our chatlogs right? So this is not the way to solve this .. Ok spare has created a new char ingame can he talk to you in game by PMs?

Is it that hard to open the email and click on the link? :hiya:

Is it that hard to open the email and click on the link? :hiya:

I dont know whats spares problem but yeah i think its too hard for him :(

However he says he is playing EL for like 3 years and for this time he has no record in Outlaws section so in his opinion you should involve this in your judgment

Edited by PlaX

Outlaws has nothing to do with bans.

Bans and their punishments are judged on multiple things, such as severity of the "crime", how much the player benefited from breaking the rule(s), intent, lengths gone to in order to cover the crime, attitude, honesty, how long it's been going on, things like that. Each case is different and will be judged on it's own merits or lack of them.

Hi. Here is Spare/RotWar

1. In the past, I dont know why, but after I validated my account rotwar, I couldnt reply, but I was still log in. When I switch off pc and again switch on I couldnt log in. I was trying get account a lot of time - I have still emails from EL forums (which werent accepted) - I can give you User IDs if it can be help.

2. How can I prove you that we r 2 different people. (I with Plax) We can talk to u ingame in same time.

3. I have never trade between my chars or helping each other - hunder of thousands gc :pinch: My first char Spare is almost with full negative perks so I cannot help to my mates or to my guild members. I decided to make helping char - rotwar + maybe to DP arena. It wasnt for me, it was for others. When smb died I hold the DB, antisocials needs to sell some things to trik i helped, I harvested for instance wormwood to ally gm and so on.

I hope that we will clear up this situation and get unbaned and whitelisted - spare,rotwar,plax.

Never broke of any rules in game - play about 3 years, nothing problems.

Thx