Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aerowind

Player Owned Houses

I know and read and have been told yatta yatta yatta that player owned houses are coming well I was thinking with the beam thing that if you have a house the #beam me up would bring you to your house for those that don't have a house it will just bring them to the campfire like usual

I know just wanted suggest it before I forget about it

Yea, there will probably be a tele spell implemented and of course the are always tele rings, which we already have.

But, it would be cool to have a way to beam into your guild/faction house, and/or your player house. Maybe another ring or spell.

~Velocet

Maybe with the new continent there could be a way to buy houses with gold coins.

When you stay there it acts like a fast regeneration perk, and there could be unlimited food and maybe even a place to house/store things like pets/carts/etc. eventually.

Sorry, just been looking at UO for a while.

Behind...this topic began in 2003 :P

Houses AFAIK cannot be bought anymore but entire maps now.

how much would a house cost when they come?

and plz dont say you have to pay with real money

*looks in wallet and butterflies fly out*

Edited by gilthanas

Well now I realize how newbish LV is, Ent once said that we would be able to build our own houses and live in them etc. (not just buy one and stuff) Guess that dream ain't coming true :P

and now you know how long I've been playing O.o

Aero...he also said it would never happen. That is what Barren Moon is gonna have.

You cannot buy houses ingame anymore, but you can make and pay for your own guildmap to be implemented.

You have to make it yourself, and it has to be approved.

You cannot have anything harvestable in it.

You have to pay $200 (current price)

if beam me up is disabled some people could be stuck in one area like if they are surrounded by people or in the magic school the meeting hall on that pillar people could stay forever! <_<

You cannot buy houses ingame anymore, but you can make and pay for your own guildmap to be implemented.

You have to make it yourself, and it has to be approved.

You cannot have anything harvestable in it.

You have to pay $200 (current price)

171704[/snapback]

you mean that you have to make your own house as in doing it at home by creating it by scratch and its in game money right?

you mean that you have to make your own house as in doing it at home by creating it by scratch and its in game money right?

171760[/snapback]

No houses. We don't do houses anymore. You CAN make a map yourself using the map editor and submit it to roja or moonshadow and if they approve it, for $200 US dollars (no, not ingame gc, but real life money) you get to have it added ingame.

Derin.. it can have harvestables.. but you have to make the map non-harvestable via the .def file. :P

Hmmm, why do i like now the idea of ownig houses (which is nothing more than a small map) with a storage and no one else than i can enter it?

Storage, because if its my house, i would like to deposit items there. Like i do in real life.

Piper

It wouldve rocked if there were masons and carpenters, etc. That could build houses on a bought piece of realestate. It should be restricted 2 like guilds with 100+ members or so.

Aero...he also said it would never happen. That is what Barren Moon is gonna have.

171220[/snapback]

It wouldve rocked if there were masons and carpenters, etc. That could build houses on a bought piece of realestate. It should be restricted 2 like guilds with 100+ members or so.

171927[/snapback]

that's barren moon, what LV was talking about

Shame we can't have at least rented rooms. It would be a means to drain money out of EL.

You don't even need individual rooms for each character; nominate large buildings as apartments (plenty in WSC); when a character enters there, they go to their own personal room (reusing only a few map rooms).

Invite other characters in with (something like) "use character on door". Maybe not possible with the current client, but you get the idea.

To make it worthwhile, allow a mini-storage there, directly accessible for manufacture (etc). Items dropped in the room go to that store (cf. a chest). Maybe allow tools to be always 'equipped' while in the room (workshop).

In addition to an initial cost, charge the character some amount per week from their gold reserves in storage. If they don't have enough to pay, anything in the room gets unceremoniously dumped back to storage.

...a bowl of fruit/veggies.

172107[/snapback]

Those shouldn't be harvestable, but directly consumable (with 'use').

This could also apply to all those set dinner tables scattered around the world. Maybe 'using' a prepared meal gives you more food points than meat?

In the rent-a-room; pay more get more facilities.