Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

The Naralik Arena Showdown

I may not be able to make it on the day. :D

I'm having major computer problems atm and have had to buy pretty much a whole new system. If it's delivered and working before the event then I'll be in, if not, I'll have to drop out.

Please keep my spot open for me but make sure there is a backup present.

Jaxx :)

lol kinda funny, will fight my gm in first round :)
erm lol... well, i assure you it's unintentional. I didn't check what guild people were in. The Round 1 fight match-ups are based mostly on OA rank... and remember; being killed in Round 1 does not put you out of the tournament.

erm lol... well, i assure you it's unintentional. I didn't check what guild people were in. The Round 1 fight match-ups are based mostly on OA rank... and remember; being killed in Round 1 does not put you out of the tournament.

lol no problem, i think its better this way, i know my opponent very well :)

will definetly have a hard match but i think i can get it to 3rd round with a bit of effort

lol kinda funny, will fight my gm in first round :D

will definetly have a hard match but i think i can get it to 3rd round with a bit of effort

And this is how I lose the first fight :D

And this is how I lose the first fight :D

not sure tho... a/d/p/c isn't all .. strategy is good too :D

This is a test of strategy and strength, not riches and items with random chance magical effects.

can i know then why DRAGON BLADE is allowed?

forbid the use of that weapon pls, thx or allow other weaps that got random magical effects.

edit : and what about spear?halbard?

Edited by Peach

Due to the numerous PM's i've received, from various people, about which weapons are and are not allowed, i'll repeat myself here:

3. Certain weapons and items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia)

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.

Any non-enchanted weapons. (any weapons listed in the "Weapons" page in the encyclopedia (that's page 1, not page 2; which has the "Enchanted Weapons"))

Everyone make sure they read those 2 quotes very carefully.

The only weapon on the first page of the "Weapons" section of the encyclopedia that is NOT allowed is the Bronze Sword.

All other weapons on that first page ARE allowed.

ALL weapons on the second page of the Weapons section in the encyclopedia, entitled "Enchanted Weapons", are NOT allowed.

I will not answer any more PM's about what weapons are or are not allowed, and i do not want to see anyone showing up on the day with a weapon that is not allowed, or complaining about a competitor's weapon they didn't know was allowed.

It's ctrl+e for the encyclopedia. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

This is a test of strategy and strength, not riches and items with random chance magical effects.
can i know then why DRAGON BLADE is allowed?

forbid the use of that weapon pls, thx or allow other weaps that got random magical effects.

I have seen every weapon with a chance to do something special in action, numerous times.

The Dragon Blade can be a good weapon when used against the right opponent, even more so if your character setup is right for it, but it does not offer any significant strategic advantage in a fairly even fight.

If your opponent is a lot stronger than you, it's not gonna make much of a difference whether they use a Dragon Blade or an Orc Slayer.... or a Ti Serp for that matter, you're most likely dead anyway.

If anyone doesn't know how to defend against it, i'll be happy to give them PK advice in PM... AFTER the 2 tournaments are over, not before... and that does include my 2 guildmates who are competitor and backup.

I personally wont offer any advantage to any one competitor. I wont openly discuss PK strategy until after the 2 tournaments.

Edited by Korrode

How long might this go on? I don't pk, atleast not evenly matched (a/d wise) oponents, so I don't know how long fights might last.

Reason for asking is I just found out that my sister & bro's party is that day abit after the contest starts. and I might also have to help perpare the party. :D

thanks, :)

~kGn

How long might this go on? I don't pk, atleast not evenly matched (a/d wise) oponents, so I don't know how long fights might last.

Reason for asking is I just found out that my sister & bro's party is that day abit after the contest starts. and I might also have to help perpare the party. ;)

thanks, :whistle:

~kGn

one hour, maybe 2... its enough

How do i check what time the contest is on, im in australia btw
The first tournament will be quite late, but the second one will be at a time a bit more reasonable for Aussies with "normal" sleeping habits (unlike myself :whistle:) ...I'm gonna make the Americans get up early on a Sunday ;)
When:

Saturday, October 20, 2007 at 17:00:00 UTC time

(click the above text to see what time it will be for you or a city near you)

one hour, maybe 2

I agree with Malaca's estimate.

k, I'll fight for as long as I can (unless I die, then I wont need to fight more! :evilgrin:) and if I have to go, I'll have to go...

A hour sounds fine... maybe two hours... we'll see :D

(P.S. eGow camera crew will be there recording the event. After it's edted I'll post link here.)

~kGn

(P.S. eGow camera crew will be there recording the event. After it's edted I'll post link here.)
Awesome kaGen, that'll be much appreciated :evilgrin:

Ahh, the contest will start tommorow, after like 20 hours. I still cant belive it, my first PK contest :angry: hope there will be more to come. The fights will be true tests of wisdom and power, may the best win. I wish you all good luck :) . Can't wait forward to it, I am very sorry I have to fight one of my best friends but thats it. Will certanly meet peach in the contest as well, who is a nice guy that was a great support in the past days :happy:

See you all there ;)

Korrode make an old school pk event next time without col and great weaps, it could be interesting to see how the reaction is before pk server going online :)

but btw great idea for the event will come to watch this

cheers

Korrode make an old school pk event next time without col and great weaps
I've never been a fan of such events :)

Why not have great swords and CoL? When you dont have them it becomes, for the most part, just a test of character strength, there is much less strategy than when your throwing around accuracy VS damage VS defence.

As for no CoL, some of us build our attributes specifically with CoL usage in mind.

Lots of people really like very old cars... i've never seen the point, i'm the brand new M5 or GT-R type myself. :)

The new, cool stuff is there, why would i ever not wanna use it!

but btw great idea for the event will come to watch this

cheers

--------------------

I probably should have put this in my first post, the day i wrote it (considering i knew i was going to be doing this at that point). I will be casting True Sight for the durations of the fights to ensure no one gets outside assistance... this means that any strategy involving invisibility is out. Apologies for the lateness of this info.

Scratch that, invis is allowed.

The first post has been edited and changed heaps since it was first written, everyone should read all of it again to be sure they know and understand all the rules.

Edited by Korrode

Yeah, kk my work pulled a fast one on me, one of my coworkers can't make a shift and I need to fill in tomorrow from 10:00 to 5:00, and yes thats right over the contest. But w/e I wasn't in anyways, though there was still a decent chance I could've competed.

Too bad I can't make it :)

Peach FTW!

(win for mi pl0xy?) :)

Sad to hear Saint, and from what some competitors have told me, i expect you would have been in....

Well, you first on the list for the next one :)

yes it was... i guess we can tell if an invis person enters the arena and does something that affects the fight...

If they harm/mana drain the person be cast on will know, if they remote heal we'll see a persons health go up a little... (and i assume we'll see an invis persons spells from eye candy still?)...

Ok invis is allowed, i just hope no one figures out a way to abuse it that i haven't thought of...

(i really hate changing rules and then changing them back, but peach got me thinking about it more :) )

Edited by Korrode

Thanks a lot to everyone, especially Korrode for hosting the contest, and all the competitors for the nice fights. Enjoyed it a lot ;)

PS: Stupid red cape broke at the wrong time... :icon13:

Thanks a lot to everyone, especially Korrode for hosting the contest, and all the competitors for the nice fights. Enjoyed it a lot :)

PS: Stupid red cape broke at the wrong time... :P

yes, it was just bad luck, but it was very nice contest :)

edit : and i had great fun fighting everyone :)

Edited by Peach