Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
codercr

Pertition for new Client->Server command GET_PLAYER_GUILD and Server->Client response PLAYER_GUILD_RESPONSE

Hello all bot owners,

I want to petition for a new Client->Server command and a new Server->Client response to allow bots to be able to find the guild details of a player. Currently there is no way easy or accurate way to find out what guild a player is in, if that player is not within the bots visual view.

The commands would work as follows:

1 Byte Command GET_PLAYER_GUILD

2 Byte Short Message Length

PLAYER_NAME

eg: [200][8][CoderCR]

Which would return the following:

1 Byte PLAYER_GUILD_RESPONSE

PLAYER_NAME

SPACE

1 Byte color code

GUILD_NAME

eg: [200][13][CoderCR][ ][136][LLL]

Please help this be approved :icon13:

As a lot of Players in EL are members of a guild, I think it would be a good idea for the trade bots to know what guilds players are in. There are times when a whole guild can be blacklisted or put on an unfriendly list.

At the moment it is not easy to find out a players guild unless he is standing in front of you..

Just my 2cents worth... Any advance on that?

Hello all bot owners,

I want to petition for a new Client->Server command and a new Server->Client response to allow bots to be able to find the guild details of a player. Currently there is no way easy or accurate way to find out what guild a player is in, if that player is not within the bots visual view.

The commands would work as follows:

1 Byte Command GET_PLAYER_GUILD

PLAYER_NAME

eg: [200][8][CoderCR]

Which would return the following:

1 Byte PLAYER_GUILD_RESPONSE

PLAYER_NAME

SPACE

1 Byte color code

GUILD_NAME

eg: [200][13][CoderCR][ ][136][LLL]

Please help this be approved :icon13:

I would use this if implemented.

Hello all bot owners,

For bandwidth reasons. Obviously.

So you want this command so you can ban entire guilds easier? :icon13:

(To answer, for discounts too. do this on the trade)

I personally ban people, only those who attempt to break the bot. (or the occasional other reason)

I want even enemies to spend gc on items I sell.

The only plus this feature would give you, You could ignore a pm from a player you have yet to see

"close up" to determine guild tag. The worse the current scenario gives you is this:

• You reply to the pm of INV
  • They come to trade
  • You determine the guild tag is of a banned guild
  • You tell him to bugger off

Probably the only bot this would aid would be gossip, since it would no longer be required to

sit in random locations throughout EL.

I guess what they really want to use it for is giving different prices for the enemies, not banning them. Banning is easy, and can be done at the 'point of sale'.

I guess what they really want to use it for is giving different prices for the enemies ...

Actually, for us, it would be for giving preferred prices to allies. More specifically, we can do that at the bot (once the person is in sight), it's for listing the preferred prices when an ally does a #inventory or #wanted command from a distance. Currently, then don't know the actual price until they get close enough to be seen. It would be nice to give them the correct prices even if they aren't in sight of the bot.

For LLL and many others including Learners bots is the fact that it is for ban guilds to be ignored at all times, enemy guilds to pay more and friends to pay less, plus also for our guild to get better prices.

It also has many other usages for later development.

All the bots hosted by me store the guild of a player in a common database whenever they see the player. No server overhead is required.

Several of the bots I host also directly guild feed gossip with the guild tags, helping to keep the data on her current.

No need to pester the devs with something that is already implemented :icon13:

All the bots hosted by me store the guild of a player in a common database whenever they see the player. No server overhead is required.

Several of the bots I host also directly guild feed gossip with the guild tags, helping to keep the data on her current.

No need to pester the devs with something that is already implemented :icon13:

Well if you have to do all that extra work and so does everyone else then really there is nothing implemented. The reality of the matter is that even Gossip's data is unreliable. Even Learner would state it.

The the command would allow for Gossip to even have the most up to date guild detail for players.

What extra work? The bots see the character and name, write the character and name to a database

("update players set guild = '" + guild + "' where lower(name) = '"+ name.ToLower() + "' limit 1;")

As for updating gossip,

/gossip GF name guild

takes care of that.

Hardly what I would call extra work.

I guess what they really want to use it for is giving different prices for the enemies, not banning them. Banning is easy, and can be done at the 'point of sale'.
Which probably covers it for trade bots, but probably doesn't help much for the others (or bots that do trade as well as other things).

Granted, doing some networking so bots share the info they 'see' would mostly cover it, but that info can be rather out of date if the player hasn't been seen by a participating bot for a while.

ttlanhil struct it right on the head as did codercr.

As ttlanhil pointed out, the command could go well beyond trade bots. Guard bots, guild storage bots, secretary bots (which Trismegitus which was run by me and boog was) could also make use of this information.

As codecr mentioned and then it was dismissed by labrat because it is easy for labrat, having a database track what guild someone is in is alot of work. For many, it would not even be possible.

Labrat, keeping Gossip up to date is also alot of work. Couldn't a person lie to gossip anyways? Seriously....you can't trust everything you hear just because a bot says it. Besides, consider this, a person has priveledges to control a bot remotely, does something terrible to his/her guild, gets booted immediately, gets upset and then tells the bot to "kill me yes" or something. This is completely possible and likely and databases and gossip would not be up to date to the second to prevent it from happening.

If this command is implemented, it could be very useful for a variety of type of bots. Learner and Labrat could save some storage space on their harddrives too.

Eep well done I forgot to code for the destructive commands :) fixed now :P