Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ermabwed

Celebrating 5 skills at or above 100

Treasure hunt contest and lottery spice up

In celebration of my 5th skill at a level greater or equal to 100 I'm leading you on a treasure hunt and will also spice up the next lottery drawing. :D

So here's a short summary of what's going on:

Lottery spice up:

Full Titanium Armor including Crown of Life (instead of helmet) and Titanium Shield.

Goes to whoever wins this week's lottery, so go and get a ticket in Grahm's village, Whitestone! Winner of this week's lottery should be drawn around Wednesday.

Treasure hunt:

Total hidden "treasure": full Titanium Armor including Crown of Life (instead of helmet) and Titanium Shield.

Goes to whoever ... errr... finders keepers :P Hints in the "story" below. If nobody finds anything within the next two days, I'll post some visual aids :) Please post here if you find a bag (coordinates and contents), thanks :)

edit: for clarification: there are 5 bags (already) hidden.

Easy add on:

First one to correctly guess the order of skills in which I reached level 100 (that is a list with a mark for first or last skill to reach level 100) wins 5k dung and a bucket. Post here. Note: If you guess here, do not edit that post! Posts that are edited are void and will not take part in this part of the contest.

Molime won this part, congratulations (I'd put a smiley here but forum doesn't want me too).

100-pot.jpg

100-def.jpg

100-att.jpg

100-alch.jpg

100-harv.jpg

Some possibly useful ramblings...

It's story time... I will take you back to the good old days as they are referred to by some, the not so old and not quite so good but still pretty decent days by others. So... anyways, 2 years and a few weeks ago, I was a total newbie, I think I actually lost a rostogol stone protecting my excavator cape in Desert Pines coal cave, died to all kinds of creatures, that kind of thing. At some point in these pre-cooldown days I had a nice little routine worked out to make health essences, I'd start at storage, go from there to grab a carefully calculated amount of fruits and chrysanthemums and head to the cave for the silver ore. Nowadays that cave is invested by rodent automats and the map it's connected to gained a storage, which was and still is very useful for us potioners.

Some other time, still in the good old days (we'll move to Irilion for more contemporary parts of the story ;)) I met carone, at least I think it was him, I lost my memory with one of my harddisk crashes :P Anyways, he and me were getting the blue stuff, I remember he laughed because I was all alchemy and harvest at that time, but anyways, that spot proved troublesome because of players with let's say different views of ownership. For a while, after one particular update, there was another nice spot for the blue stuff in Seridia, but the usability was reduced to its former state with a later update. So, while we're at that spot, let's go to the place, where I first met GWaR, it's pretty close and full of those guys that used to hang at gothic churches. I'm not sure if Zirakinbar or some other spot is better for them nowadays, but back then I'm pretty sure it was the best if you wanted to see the fluttering buggers.

Apart from selling health essences, I had another source of income, shared a spot with the mod who inspired me to do this and our super community manager and of course some others who had chosen that spot over one other in Seridia. The Ants were there too for some time, I admit to bagtrading some ores for their furs or bone powders for which I supplied some mortars & pestles. Now of course there's a better spot for this on Irilion and while we're here, let's have a look around. But first, let's get out of this cave since it doesn't exist yet.

Heading north we come eventually to Idaloran, I could mention an incident in the mines there ("asshills stalk me") but only one of the well-known treasure hunters who was PvPing with me there would know what I am talking about, thought that'd be kind of unfair, so let's look somewhere else, we'll stay close though, I probably killed like 33-37 ogres in those mines per session (ah well, was before counters, so I'm just guessing, maybe a current ogre trainer will put on that steel chain and check the numbers). It's a good place to get used to people that show up at a multiple spawn, don't say a word and start killing the ogres you've been working on :o Moving on to present times we'll use some ships to reach a city with a huge battlement...sometimes you get to the top unintentionally. That ends our little tour, I hope you recognized one or two of the places I mentioned and wish you happy hunting :D

PS: Don't PM me for hints, I can't disqualify you but since I'm not on market channel, I can swap a bot for you on my ignore list :P

Big thanks to all GWaRriors of present and past, the extended GWaR family and everybody else who helped with this! (Have to stop here before I get sentimental :))

Edited by Ermabwed

Thanks!

Since nobody found anything so far and somebody I know who was trying and would have found something if it was possible asked for a first hint, I give you:

hint-a.jpg

PS: For the smart ones: I didn't upload any other hints yet, so trying different file names won't give you anything :)

searched where i'm pretty sure sure bag was and all i found was a pker so someone prolly found it and never posted so pls if you found the bag in NC pk cave plz post.

Edited by antiflag

If you found a pker then he/she maybe found the bag and just didn't post here so he/she could pk some ppl

I found it, it was ti cuisses and I collected keys (I got 19) and some PK points, so I didnt post it right after I found it ;)

btw. who summoned bear on me? I got mana burned when I was afk and didnt noticed who was there, lol

I found it, it was ti cuisses and I collected keys (I got 19) and some PK points, so I didnt post it right after I found it :)

Grats :)

2 bags left and don't forget the lottery ;)

wow I can't belive me and friends missed it in nc! I guessed it and we were allllll over it but cuz I was in school I didn't get a chance to snag it :/ gratz marwen

Nordcarn north correct? we went there before and couldn't find it's location