Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uberad

This is a thought on Guilds that expounds on Ent's house Ide

Why not create PK maps that Guilds could own? The idea is that there would be reasources and a guild boost to the guild that owns that land. If there were enough of these and and each guild would then become like a country With control over that resources. they could negoiate contracts it would create various classes of players and guilds there could be several new classes of players like spy, mercernary, Diplomat, Judges or watchers, There could be criminal bands like pirates or outlaws, Guilds could have wars to take over other guild lands. but only on some temporay bases... Would evole this game to a Unique kind of game You could even have a technology thing where a guild could create new weapons or artifacts etc...

that sounds great, but what about guilds like MMM or other non fighting guilds. if ure gonna acomodate to all guilds you have to acomodate all types of guilds

Guilds will have to pay for "protection" from CO.

That's a lovely stash of titanium {bars, swords, armor} you have there. It would be a shame if something happened to it.

I like the idea. Maybe have a few of these type of maps. Have 1 guild house on each and make them pk. So that Co or whoever is currently the stongest guild, make it to where a guild can only occupy and guild house.

You could use this to raise money actully! Say that if a guild sends you $50 they could design and have there own SMALL map that only they could get to, $75 for a medium sized and $100 for a large, then have a building on WS for example called "Guild hall" and it has ports to the guilds maps but only guild members and "Allowed" players can get in, and if there not allowed, that port is disabled for them, and only maps there allowed on work, wont be PK, maybe just have there own arena in it where guild members can attack other guild members.

First they have to be PK because the only real advantage is the posibility of losing area in a war. Second, The guilds are going to need balance, They will need both fighters and craftsman. You will need to add the ability of taticts and stragegy to the game. You'll have to develop a guild tokken Which can be used to identify the current owner of a land. Guilds will be force to make create alegince. And it will require some sort of point system for one guild to take over another guilds land. Simply a guild player would not give you the land. and remember that a guild gets a guild advantage in there own land. I would sugest that there be method of managing the number of lands one guild can own and that they would have to be adjacent. It forces players to balance there skills as well if done right I think it could add a lot to the game - obvious this would require quite a bit of thought but the fact that there seems to be some dialogue sugest the idea has some merit... :D

First they have to be PK because the only real advantage is the posibility of losing area in a war.

Lets just hand eternal-lands over to CO now, it'll be alot quicker, i think its understood that if guild maps were in place, they wouldnt be Pk.

geeez can we say spineless, personally I think the idea kicks except that instead of PK maps they should be special maps ( it will allow for more possiblities) further more it would give the game an actualy point, and there are a few ways to rememdy the * CO* problem one is you could disband all the guilds before initiating such an update, no one would probibly want that though, and whats to keep *CO * from teaming back up agian , another way to do it is through allies ( diplomecy anyone) These resource maps may not nessisarily need to be taking forcefully perhaps they could traded for and bought, and if the COs' are a real problem for everyone all the guilds could gang up and mob 'em that'd be fun watch, but with the current combat system thats impssoible

well another thing to do is (if multi-user combat is ever intigrated) put a level limit on who can mutli user if the opponent is equal or weaker then only one person can attack him , but if he is stronger , then everyone can have at him

but thats just my opinion

i think it would be better if it is just one map (this would save alot of time making the maps and not make the game twice the size to download) and then on it, it has lots of guild houses. the map could be pk which would make it hard to get to your guild house with CO there ;) but it would make it fun. then every guild could design there own inside of there guild house. and it could cost like $75 to get your own guild house. only people in the guild could get into the guild house. entropy i would design the map with all the guild house if you want, cause i think this would add something that would keep the high level players playing this game insted of starting to play a new one :)

Perhaps you could add terrain advantages, such as a wall and gate around the country/region. In the center of the map, you could place a castle. If the owning guild is heavily outnumbered, they could withdraw into their central castle, which would provide a greater defensive posture.

Under the proposed system, attackers would need to lay siege on the castle in order to effectively "drive out" the incumbents. This would require a highly skilled, highly organized, highly numerous army.

Elrond Peredhil,

Elven Lord

just wanted to point out that this is NOT A NEW IDEA

dark and light(has to be best upcoming mmorpg)

they have diplomatics in it, its a skill u train, u control small parts of lands, get rich, buy bigger parts, plz teh higher in command with quest, eventaully take there place....preety kool actually, u gusy should check it out

There is a few guilds that are starting to make CO run for there money. CO doesnt have the numbers other guilds have and when the new systems comes out they are going to be in trouble.

i dont know where youve been, but co are no longer the most powerful clan...

sorry to interrupt this guild house topic about how strong CO is

you ppl do know EVERYONE pk's, just that its now a fad to point it at CO. And ppl laugh at us since we are arent all mighty like we used to be, but we never really claimed "The strongest guild ever" title for ourselves as a whole. CO is mianly just a bunch of friends that help eachother out.

I'm totally against the ideas taht guilds/clans can take lands from eachother .. the game would become more about war and tactics, and the Roleplay will suffer.

AND the idea that your guild can loose influence and stuff while you are offline *shivers* .. reminds me of Archspace and the councilwars there. Sleepless nights I say!!

Howether, guildhouses sounds very cool. How about this for an idea. A guild can RENT a house for a day. Can add a guild command like, #Rent_house (any house for rent). And this will cost alot of ingamecoins, but it will prevent outsiders to get inside this rent-house for a time. (And yes, you should need a high rank in your guild to do this command).

Now you surely wonders .. if it's a guild-command .. who will pay? Here enters my next idea ... a shared guildstorage there members can donate resources, items or money if they wish.

Example:

Member A has mined alot of coal and iron, but got to low Alchemy. And instead of selling it, if wishes, donate it to the guildstorage instead. Because member B can make bars, but got bad harvest. Member A that also got high manufacture, later discovers that someone has made bars of his iron and coal .. overjoyed member A starts to make items for the guild.

And another exmaple .. Guildleader sees that the guild has got rich, rents a house by the #rent_house command (money deducts from the guildstorage) , and then #gm all members "We are rich, good work lads. Party at that house!! You sure earned it!"

Well enough talking. Anyone sees any flaws in these ideas?