Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uberad

This is a thought on Guilds that expounds on Ent's house Ide

good idea on guilds owning pk maps then it would give other guilds something to fight for in battle to own the pk maps and so on each 1 different with different animals and stuff to get

How long have you been around mike? Except for next, the main members of co arent really around anymore. Well, some are but they hardly play. They used to dominate kf and kill anyone and everyone that wasnt co that walked in. they were teh evil. most of them still are.

Besides, TM aren't pkers. we are pkkers.

It was never a fad to point at co. it was and is a fact that they were the big evil pkers. and if any of them tell you otherwise, their either lying or too low to pk.

Oh, and what do you have against war and tactics Nalin? they are the 2 best parts of the game. More would make it fantastic.

Your other point about sharing ore, and then sharing bars... what guild doesnt already do that?

i like the idea of a map (pk) with lots of house's on it. guilds pay real money to own a house which only member's nd "allowed" players may enter. also make a guild storage ability which can be accessed from all storage points, then put a storage in each house. make the house's have 2 floors and make the one of the floors pk :P then we cud train in our own private area without having to worry...

this should of course be costly and would be a really fun thing :D

if people are gonna complain about them being on a pk map, then make downstairs in each house accessible to all nd be a pk area, nd let upstairs available to guild members only (make tht pk too for a bit of fun :D ).

these are just idea's though, i believe ent will come up with the best solution to guild house's as he always has gd idea's (e.g. oooh i think i'll make a game called eternal lands).

Not much, Jimbob. Kinda like Strategi-genre games aswell. But it's the timeconsume in this case that can be costly. I guess you haven't played games like Archspace to know what I'm meaning.

Lets see if I can make a good example.

Your clan has fought a fierce battle against your rival guild, to gain control of a "powerpoint". You manages to drive them away, but not without loosing friends to the netherrealm, and good weapons the enemies took the opportunity to steal from your friends corpses. Howether, you drink you celebrate that you can have some extra perks in that map. You scatter to enjoy them, but as soon as you leave. A player from another guild moves in and claims the unguarded powerpoint. .. Back you have to rush again. And after some more annoying fighting, you decide to leave guards stationed .. hapless players that must stay put and a have a boring wait. .... And it doesn't end here: You go to sleep in RL. And login again the day after, just to find out that your rivals has reclaimed all powerpoints again, because during one or more periods every day, your guild is to week to defend your land.

This concludes to ... What would the point with endlessly reclaiming lands be? ... And what would the privs be by owning a land here be? .. Taxes? Distributed where? .. Better prices at the NPC-stores? Well that could be doable, but would it be worth it?

If you need to dominate a land, then just do it. You can always concentrate your members in the PK-maps you would like to inofficially claim as your turf. Like gangs claims the streets. It's really nothing that prevents you to do this already. .. So don't see why extra gamefeats must be brought in. .. Can't we players use what we got with some imagination?

And about the share part .. Well it's just an idea I presented along with the renthouses. Several times a player in my presence comes up with this kind of idea, a shared guild-storage. .. About time someone brings it into the forums, so it can get a decent thought about.

I notice a few guild houses around.

How do yuo go about getting one? Is it a case of same as a players house "cross Ents Pallm with $50" or is their a different system in place for guild buildings?

I think Guild houses or fortifications sold for REAL money would be good for the game. But i have a different suggestion: I think the fortifications and huses owned by a guild should give a defence/attack/damage/critical to hit bonus to the players of the guild WHILE they are in the owned house, fortification, etc. It would be a safer place for the guild members, but Not a isolated place.

And I am totaly against closed maps and specialy resurces. Maybe in a fort, that is not a map, for a high price, it would be nice to have some resurces... but not a guild only place, only if the place has a battle bonus like i suggested before, but not a closed place.

How about this....

You're the leader of a guild and you buy land and/or a house. Entropy gives the guild leader like 20 keys. Those keys are kind of like shares in the company (guild map). But the game keeps track of what guild has what key.

If another guild came in and killed everyone and got all 20 keys then that guild would then own the map. Hostile takeover.

But the neat thing would be just because you kill someone carrying a key doesnt mean they will lose it when they die...just like any other item.

OR if you have a really strong member in your guild, he could hold all 20 of them. But the safest thing to do would be divide the keys up.

If a guild has say 19 keys of another guilds map, it doesn't mean squat. Only with 20 will the land switch over.

the only problem is they could give all 20 to someone that never goes into a pk map, then you can never take over the house/land.

how about make a map where its all about pking other people from other guilds. but in this map you have to have atleast 1 keys to any house, to enter the map. then people would come there to try to take over other guilds house. then once you have 20 of the same key you get someone in you guild to hold them all and a blue message gets sent to everyone saying "guild1 has stole guild2 guild house". But to get a guild house in the first place you have to donate $50 to the game so entropy gets something from programing all of this. The only problem to this is if you loss your house you lose real money so maybe it could cost something like 500k ingame money, but then entropy wouldnt do it for a long time. so we might have to wait ALONG time for this :)

I was assuming the guild map was going to be a pk map. And that also the keys could not be put in storage.

So you could give someone all 20 keys who never goes in a pk map. But that would mean they never go to the guild map either (since it's pk). Which probably wouldn't happen.

But even if someone in a guild never went to the guild map or a pk map. They could still die by monsters. Accidents happens. OOOppps They lost all the keys to their guild map. It's in a bag in south kilaren. Whoever gets the keys first, gets the guild map. Or someone not even in a guild could pick them up. I'd like to see the auction for that. :)

for starters i'd like to say that i find it amazing that EL is what it is now with such limited resources to the developers, it's truly an amazing effort .. i thank them for it ..

for seconds .. Adding Strategy to an MMORPG would definatly be different than normal strategy games against Ai. far more dynamic in the least . , there are some Very good ideas in this thread, especially the keys idea, but .. generally Strategy is a tool to obtain and control recourses, if these propsed maps have no resources to controle and fight over .. it would be only an expantion of the current aimlesness of PK .. just on a far bigger scale , definatly fun , but pointless, and if the maps are closed then also what is the point of them? they would become ghost towns as players would generally like to be where all the action is, outside thier "closed" maps.

One move that i find very good even if i havent really tried it yet is that the new Super Ores are accessable through a dangrous PK map .. but connecting the cave to a safe map simply defeats the point of controling recourses..

if you manage to pass into the mine make your load then you would have to risk going back through the PK map, that would lead to the creation of caravans for protection, hence leading to interdepandcies between players, which is the ONLY proper bases for a guild, if such an idea could be recreated in other maps, it would enrich the gameplay, ofcourse it does not need to be the Super Ores it could be anything .. as long as there is risk, teams of partners would be essential and that IS what guilds should be "Essential" ..

it should be quite hard to controle a resource "piece of land" .. for a small guild to do so they must "ally" with otheres of the same interest, and propably a group of "vassel" landless guilds allied to one landed "Liege" guild, check "feudalism" if you are not familliar with the concept. and would actually stress more meaning on "code of conduct/honor/chivalry" and "ally".

if the worrysome part about controling a point are the "hapless guards" what about that these points once secured for say 30~60 minutes with no players from any enemy/neutral guild gaining controle of them, would become unaccessable to others for say 2~3 days ? and then you can attack them again .. if they keep it against 3 consequtive attacks they hold that point for a full month ..

that would actually cause the Enemy guild to have to rebuild it's strength after the defeat, gather allies and BUY new gear .. in some serious numbers and propably at a high cost to prepare to take that point again ..

ofcourse the winner guild would have to do almost the same .. better market value for items during wars :icon4:

and no more flooding the market ..

another point are how would the "map keys" be obtainable by your enemies .. natural accidents are one thing .. more invasions on the safe maps? unscheduald tiny ones? an example idea is : say no one has been hunting grizzlies today in Nordcran, one grizzly begins feeling tough and starts auto attacking everything .. players/animals if that grizzlie is left without killing it would cause the other grizzlie to go wild too and begin a nice circle of distruction .. horrid am i not :inquisitive: .. well in such a case you'll need a "hero" to show up and kill the beast/beasts .. "good bases for recruitment for guilds? .. inspiring loyalty to the hero? as in "this somone actually did something for me, mmm ... usefull?"

i hear that archery is coming in the game eventually, and a new combat system, that would be grand as it would give the smaller players some edge against the monsters .. ermm.. players that roam the maps lol

but to be usfull archery should be ranged, and i mean reanged, not a couple of squares away from you ..

it would be easy to recruit lots of "archres" and make them rain arrows on the toughest "single" player out there and lets see who rocks! ofcourse if their target has sufficent magic/armor/health/companion he could take down most of them but at a great loss, "somone mentioned a ally calling horn somewhere on the forums?"

and just to make things more INTERESTING .. maybe the whole guildie_dont_fight_guildie should be changed, maybe they could after confirming clicks on each other in PK maps .. i know it's off topic but i'm ranting here :icon4:

and picture this .. your guild has been fighting for ages to control a point that leads to an iron mine you need to controle, the guy holding that point for you just goeas ahead and does a #leave_guild on you for you'r enemie's favor ... because he's pissed enough at nother guildie for some reson .. wouldn't this whole set up ACTUALLY lead to guild members being selected? not just grabbed in by recruitment ? hence leading to a better quality of guilds .. ofcourse i'm not talking about the well established guilds here ..

oh .. and while i'm yammering about this, there should be flags and banners (ingame) for the guilds to claim terretory with .. be on thier shields or capes maybe ? even the normal ones? i think it would be just an extra layer over say the Mirror cloak..

one last point .. actually making maps more dangerous and resorces controlled (other than the basic ones) would lead to the creation of a society in EL a living breathing world with interests and ideals that actually mean something .. not just boared PK'ers and whining players.. the worst thing about this game right now is that it does not promote "Group" development, there is no mechanism to share resources and "shared" is the key word here, it's all about "singular" development of skills and resources.

OMG! i actually sat down and worte all this!!!!

i'm hooked!! *smaks face with outspread palm*

:)

Edited : hopfully the typos

Edited by ArionBattleBorn

Not only have you posted in a thread over 2 years old, but using more than one keyword to search would have been a great option for you since these issues have been discussed already much more recently.

Not only have you posted in a thread over 2 years old, but using more than one keyword to search would have been a great option for you since these issues have been discussed already much more recently.

opps! lol

well as long as they "have" been discussed. i'm happy, i did try searching for "buy land" and "guild buy land", only this is what i found this and a more irrelevent topic.. and .. well .. i guess lots of enthusiasts would sit down and think at 5:00 am in the morning when they havent slept for the past 24 hours :blush:

if you happen to know a certain thread that is more recent, and wouldn't mind "leeding the sleepy", i would much appreciate it .. thank you.

ps : love your cape :omg:

Learner, why not mention =Hc= - they do that much more often than *CO* ... :) I am not against it, it is a common PK practice, and that might be the most funny way to kill someone, even the n00b. :dry: Even though people obviously hate such guys, i am pretty much shure they have a lot of fun with their guildmates PKing together some other players.

I have never done that, but i certainly will - in the future. =Hc= guys are IMHO the best in team-attacks, even though they team against me lately, pretty often in fact. That make game even more funny!

Yes, 8 *CO* will pick on a single n00b and then fight over the spoils!

Learner, why not mention =Hc= - they do that much more often than *CO* ... :)

Yes, 8 *CO* will pick on a single n00b and then fight over the spoils!

.......Did you read what I just said? This thread is over 2 years old, =HC= didn't even exist when Learner made that post! :dry:

i like the idea very much ..... should make the game more and more challenging (although it was an old post but its good) ..1 big map with a lot of guild rooms(like castels) ...

if the keys thing is complicated , why make it battels ... like if a guild stayed in a guild room 30min wins a battel (if the attackers died @ min 29 or less the invasion fail) ...so 6 battel will win the guild room .. (thats 3 hours ... so that not every strong a/d char take every guild land in 1 day :dry: ) ..... i guess the deffenders must have advantges in there land ... like 30+ a/d against non-guild member ... so a 60s a/d deffender can kill 80 attacker easy .... and low a/d can participate (only by deffending) .....

it will be cool if it happend .... :D

but i guess its all just more work 4 entropy and the programmers :)

thanx all

FMA