Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ozmondius

NMT Perk vs. NMT Cape

I have been trying to decide between NMT perk and NMT cape. After talking to a few fighting friends, I have come away with different opinions and would like to solicit the fighting community's input. It was suggested to me that NMT perk, requiring 7 pps, is the best route because as you advance, you can purchase human removal stones to free up pps, then repurchase those pps with hydro nexus. In this way you have NMT earlier than you could otherwise afford a cape, it doesn not get broken, and you can wear other capes during combat without the loss of the NMT effect.

Thoughts, opinions, considerations?

As long as the NMT cape remains unbreakable, I would'nt take the perk. The cape is only 350-400k at the moment, compared to the millions of gc you would need to buy it. imo, any training done below chimeran wolves does not need NMT, its more of a luxury. I would consider any positive perk a waste of pp's when there is a cloak for the perk - even if I did have spare pp's and didnt need them for my p/c.

But if for some reason the cape is unusable/made breakable then I would do like you described above and buy the perk - hopefully that is not before I can kill Yeti. :)

For me its simple: if u want cheap and easy exp u need nmt perk or cape.

If ur rich enough buy cape, if u r not than take the perk and make urself 110def with it( or less if u find nmt cape sooner;p), than buy nmt cape and #reset.

With pr0 def u can be on fluff next day after reset so u wont lose much =]

mp

I should just get the money to buy the cape, although it's fast to take the perk (if you have 7 pickpoints of course) a reset is needed so better to take the cape straight away if you ask me ;P

I broke 1 nmt cape and lost one.. i can't do either with perk ;)

take anti and ph perks to offset pp's if your worried about pp's

but why worry- might give you an edge agains someone close to your level but you'll never be able to beat top players no matter how high your p/c - so imo a loss of seven pp's is worth the cost of damaged armor and col

Well I had a nmt at one time on pyscho. I loved that thing because it was cool. I hated the way I had to switch capes on brod's though so I'd so go perk if you fear brods etce tc. but if you don't mind go for the cape. It all depends, if you got money etc etc

ok my opinion:

PPs are more expensive then 350k....get the cloak and just wear a rost. when your a higher a/d and need more pps youll regret spending those 7 pps.

GL!

As long as the NMT cape remains unbreakable, I would'nt take the perk.

But if for some reason the cape is unusable/made breakable then I would do like you described above and buy the perk - hopefully that is not before I can kill Yeti. ;)

My understanding is that it can be broken with a BroD

If you plan to pk, its better off to buy the cape. Pp's mean the world to a pker. If you really dont plan to pk and just fight as a skill, then the perk would be ok to take.

Well the cape seems to be the most sensible option? So there are probably very few people with the perk to post about it? Then I guess I should post :)

I have the perk, but not for the most sensible reasons.

#1 Orange cape = easy jet (see erm www.easyjet.com or something, they the cheapest of cheap airlines)

#2 Expense in GC

At the time I bought the perk I was saving PPs for perhaps a creature leap in a/d training, when I finally decided that I wanted NMT so that I could wear my steel armour to train in, rather than letting it sit in storage wasting away. The steel plate was also part of a wishlist of items that I wanted for aesthetic value, so having to wear an orange cape would have rendered my aesthetic reasons for buying the steel void.

When the PPs were gone they were gone, which was a slight shame ofcourse. But I have already earnt back the PPs ready for use if I need a creature jump or afew nexus', and so far I really have found no need for either.

Yes, maybe I am vain. Well actually probably no, since I've been told I'm the opposite :D So likely I just wanted my avatar to look nice for my own visual pleasure. No, I don't PK, and mostly fight creatures in isolated areas.

I also have mm perk and power saving, both which lose me the ability to wear some nice colours :( So maybe I'm just loose with positive perks, since elves really should wear green once in a while.

Sorry this looks like the story of me more than of the NMT perk, but here be a profile of a player that actually has the perk...

Edited by kailomonkey

I've had a NMT cape for a long time and i had the perk at one point, for many months...

Generally speaking, i recommend the cape if you can afford it, but it is a hard one, for pure monster trainer or PK'er there's pros to both:

Perk pros:

PK'er: PK will be cheap. You can have the worthwhile effects of red/black/purple capes in PK and still feel confident your not going to break much. If your the type of person who likes to flame, and get yourself added to peoples BRoD lists, NMT perk + red cape is a great combo :)

Trainer: You dont need mass pick points for p/c as you want to keep it low so your training doesnt suffer, you can wear FR cloak for training (when your not TS'd), and you save yourself ~350k

Cape pros:

PK'er: 7 more pick points for p/c. Very important.

Trainer: As long as you always wear a rosto when you have your cape on, and dont go afk outside (acid rain), you have no risk of ever losing your cloak.

You dont PK so you wont be using your expensive armor without the cape on and it wont ever get BRoD'ed.

For you specifically Kailo, i definitely recommend the cape.

I see you have might 22 atm, great for training ogres which i assume at your a/d you are. And 9 pp's saved, good also, but for optimum clops (and then fluffy) training, you still need another 15-19 pp's :D:)

And 9 pp's saved, good also, but for optimum clops (and then fluffy) training, you still need another 15-19 pp's :) :)

There are other skills than a/d. Alchemy and harvesting are good ways to get oa levels without nexuses :D

My suggestion is: Get the cape. When you have higher oa (100-120+ oa), decide to get the perk or not then. You may decide you need the pp's for something else when you are higher level (and regret taking the perk = reset millions of exp), and when pp's are harder to come by. :)

Why spend millions of gc on NMT?

Edited by Beowulf

I have the perk and at 1st i regretted using the pp's now i am used to the perk and like it so much i would take it again even if i reset. Bare in mind that the perk is better than the cape for example i wear FR cape while training making my SR and HE last longer and red cape or mirror while in pk whilst keeping the protection of NMT, these are all advantages you can not get with the cape.

In the non pk server i say to take the perk, there is not enough pk action to justify the "lost" of 7 pp's imo :>

Edited by hades

In my case its a NMT perk until i drop a cape then reset. I really dont want to lose COL and all that titanium stuff in my training.And what more. Now i can use FR cape also ill put some PPs in vitality for eisier training now :D

Both Hades and Plax r right here.

When ur low lvl and dont have gc for cape u really dont care that much for those 7pps if it allows u to break 4x less stuff( in practice it means u will almost never break steel/tit set armors or col , u can use vit instead of will, u lose little money for armors replacements, u die very very rare coz u have col and big #armor, u make better and easier exp than some1 w/o cape/perk).

When u reach bigger oa and can train fluffies sooner or later u will get that precious nmt cape as a drop( even if it takes to kill over 30k fluffies like in my case :icon13: ).

Then u have to choose:

Yetis easier and little sooner(coz of no nmt perk so 7 more coord) or less risk in breaking stuff on pk maps( coz u can use enchanted items all the time, and also can use mirror cape or red cape and not be worried they break fast).

For me it looks like: the more pk in el the more ppl will take nmt perk.

<Edit>Just saw poll in gen chat about making nmt degradable.

With that there is no reason to use nmt cape for fighters anyways imho, so most dedicaded/pure fighters and also pkers will take the perk, what i would also advice to do, will do it myself too :pickaxe:

mp

Edited by masterpiter

Very interesting thread, thank you all for your suggestions.

My question is: would you suggest that an all-rounder like me (my stats are public) take the perk or just wait until I grow rich enough (hopefully ...) to buy the cape? I think what's been said so far concerns true fighters/pkers mostly.

Rehdon

My question is: would you suggest that an all-rounder like me (my stats are public) take the perk or just wait until I grow rich enough (hopefully ...) to buy the cape? I think what's been said so far concerns true fighters/pkers mostly.
Looking at your stats; get the cape... unless there's some neg perks u are willing to take to make up for the pp's.

You still need 8 more pp's on p/c, IMO, for optimum* clops/fluffy training (for eg. 28/44 p/c)

May want to consider buying 4 Reasoning removal stones too :omg:

(*optimum by my definition meaning u have enough Might so that 90%+ of your hits are doing enough damage to break through the monsters armor/toughness, with those successful hits doing minimum damage)

i think you should get the cape as the perk is just a waste of 7 pp which could be added to other more useful stats.

Looking at your stats; get the cape... unless there's some neg perks u are willing to take to make up for the pp's.

You still need 8 more pp's on p/c, IMO, for optimum* clops/fluffy training (for eg. 28/44 p/c)

May want to consider buying 4 Reasoning removal stones too :icon13:

Thanks for the advice. I actually spent 4 pp in reasoning in anticipation for archery (needing perception) but unfortunately it didn't make it into the next client update. Which is why I was sort of thinking about a reset, and then taking the NMT perk. But of course perception will be useful in the future (hopefully) for archery, so it would probably make more sense just to wait a little ...

Rehdon

IMO the perk is the best thing to do if your guna PK etc, because later down the track when your higher a/d and on chims etc the drops are good ull be earning the GC for the hydro bars/nexus in no time, but if you dont plan on PKing by all means get the cape you wont get BRoDed etc, i have the perk for later down the track use and you can use your good armor to train in and by the time youve past a couple months a/d training with the perk say 4 hours a day ull be 70+ oa and pr0 a/d

~bigk

I took the perk simply because I don't have 350k for a cape.

Whether this was a smart decision for now or not, I have no idea.

I'm not too sure what more p/c I'd need for optimum whatever training so I go with the cheaper method of getting what I need now...I'll prob. reset later.