Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GatorJaws

2 more minor sit lock bugs

First if your sitting with sit lock enables and Beam or use a Ring, (And I imaging the teleport to portal room) When you appear at the new location you are standing up...... BUT cant move... I spent 2 minutes the first time thinking the game was locked up trying to move, till I saw a snake go past, then knew that it wasn't a lockup.

To clear the problem you have to sit and stand again.

The second bug, If your sitting with sit lock on and click a building (a door icon appears so you can enter) you character will stand at go to the building. (I expect he will then enter it.)

I was sitting making pots in VOTD, tried to click the open inventory window icon and missed and accidental clicked the flower shop.... Up goes my character and starts walking... :( Leaving my bag with my pots and supplies on the ground.... BUT I stopped and made it back in time... :)

Later,

GatorJaws

If you right click it also moves

Maybe keep that "right-clicking also moves" is better, you won't harvest by right-clicking, right?

BTW, r-clicking sometimes doesn't work whenever sitting or standing

All sit_lock was intended to do so far is prevent an accidental click to walk to a location for working. It doesn't block all motion on purpose. For that reason beaming, entering a building, grabbing a bag, fighting, etc have not been disabled since they are different functions.

The question is, how restrictrive should it be? For instance, if you take the time to right click a move command, shouldn't it obey that so you do have a way to override the lock?

The question now is just how intrusive should it be? So far, of the things mentioned here and other threads, only the click to enter a building or cave might be critical enough to consider adding, but that needs to be discussed. For instance, we don't want to disable the attack function for you protection and to bother the macroers.

I dont want csit lock to STOP beaming... I want it to RECOGNISE I am no longer sitting after beaming. and turn off the lock...

Hmm, I will need to test it again, but I think if you are sit locked, you cant grab another bag... (you have to stand first)

Later,

GatorJaws

The beam while sitting and leaving you in the wrong position is a different issue and happened before sit lock was introduced.

Picking up a bag with sit_lock on does make you stand and then walk over to get to that bag. The question is whether or not that shuold be permitted, and I figure your player is smart enough to know that it you want it to do that and it needs to stand first.

I sit in the tit mine, a skellie comes and attacks me, I kill him and then I go over the bag that has the skellie drops, leaving my 200 coal for somebody else to pick.

I know I shouldn't be complaining because no option at all is worse than this sitlock option... all I want to say is that I understand the programmers who have to take into account all these hair raising possibilities to move away when you should be standing in one place only :).

I don't know which is better, to go get the bag with the wooden shield or stay on the 200 coal... I think a poll could solve the problem.

Attacking from sitting was considered, just it was decided the that sit_lock should be very limited to begin with and then get more player feedback on how it works. Some people actually want to be able to attack from sitting. Also what annoys you also bothers macro harvesters as well.