Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wynand

a Few Idea's for new items.

While sitting here at work bored, I thought up a few idea's i suppose are worth suggesting:

PK'ing is very expensive, and higher lvl'd players dont want to go into PK maps with weak gear for fear of losing pk points, and the lower levels dont want to go into PK with any gear on because of fear of losing it... so i thought this up:

IRL u can find fake shoes/DVD's/etc. of poor quality (or atleast poorer than the original items) in every dodgy place in town, so why arent there such things in EL?

I mean why isnt there like a crap quality Cutlass made of iron, that does almost the same amount of damage but breaks like augmented leather armours? Such items shuld be made with cheap iron/steel bars and be cheap to manu, but they should hav high breakage rates and no degrade (just break). If such weapons cost like 1k-1.5k i wuld run around in PK maps with it, especially in TD.

Another thing that shuld be looked at is helms... Steel/titanium/dragon/bronze helms are never used in PK... why not just take out the expensive ingreds from the steel/titanium helms to make em cheaper? and let the people who own ones now sell it to an NPC... i wuld use those helms when i PK in n00b gear if they cos 500-800gc.

Aug torso/pants are cheap/good armour so no need to improve there, and the steel shield is good enough even for Pr0 pk'ing. Maybe there shuld just be like iron plated boots, also quick to break but with higher armour.

All this can probably increase PK a bit since its reasonably good gear at low price ( so no need for a rosto) and they cant be used for training

Another Idea i had was:

Spiked shield:

+6 Defense

+5 Damage

10% chance to hit opponent for 25 damage

ingreds: 14 feran horns

6 steel bars

2 black dragon scales

might be a good PK shield, and wont be used for training.

Well, like i said, just a few ideas that came to me while being bored... tell me what u think of them. :)

Another thing that shuld be looked at is helms... Steel/titanium/dragon/bronze helms are never used in PK...
Just a small comment here: the reason helms are seldom used is because so many people are wearing a CoL. Even if there were cheaper/different, I doubt many would use them.

Bkc is right on this above point. Just because CoL's are expensive, doesn't stop people from using them...

But either way, the cost of these higher level helms should be reduced.

great ideas arcane! :laugh:

-Shuj

why not give steel/titanium helms a HP bonus like a COL.. not as much because helms have the defensive bonuses but say 50-100 would that make them more usable

Nice thoughts, I like them :laugh: Though we should make sure that you can tell if it is a crap item or the real thing when trading so as not to screw people over.....

why not give steel/titanium helms a HP bonus like a COL.. not as much because helms have the defensive bonuses but say 50-100 would that make them more usable

I agree with that. Personally i think that steel and tit helmets should provide more hp bonus than col's.

+3 armor is nothing and the price of those helmets is very high. Iron helmets give +2 armor bonus and they are much much cheaper.

Those kind of helmets could be made under both manu and crafting skill by mixing 1 col +1 helmet +some of the new materials of the engineering skill or something similar.

Many players will thing that this suggestion is weird but in most mmorpg games helmets are providing more materials points than cols.

IIRC there is a titanium helmet of life it increases your life with 100, but nobody or very few is using them!

Troger

Another thing that shuld be looked at is helms... Steel/titanium/dragon/bronze helms are never used in PK...
Just a small comment here: the reason helms are seldom used is because so many people are wearing a CoL. Even if there were cheaper/different, I doubt many would use them.

That is true, but better to have them used by n00bs who cant afford CoL, or as a piece of training equipment, than just being something lying in storage or used to harv with to decrease radon damages.

I sometimes go into KF/TD with iron helm, aug torso/pants, leather boots, titanium long and steel shield, in KF because normally people either just run/tele when they see me in full gear (or they are they are the Elite PK'ers who pwn my ass), and in TD because i don't want to get cooldowned by Toomass's JS of cooling and lose my pr0 gear. If anything at all, i want to look 'fashionable' when i die :happy: (lol)

That is true, but better to have them used by n00bs who cant afford CoL, or as a piece of training equipment, than just being something lying in storage or used to harv with to decrease radon damages.

I sometimes go into KF/TD with iron helm, aug torso/pants, leather boots, titanium long and steel shield, in KF because normally people either just run/tele when they see me in full gear (or they are they are the Elite PK'ers who pwn my ass), and in TD because i don't want to get cooldowned by Toomass's JS of cooling and lose my pr0 gear. If anything at all, i want to look 'fashionable' when i die :happy: (lol)

Well none is using them even for training. When players could buy cols only from the npc at port anitora i was training with an iron helmet. A tit helm offers only +1 additional armor bonus and its way more expensive.

A tit helm with extra HP's bonus is better than a col but its more expensive. On the other hand nothing will change because everybody will be able to use it. So maybe it would be nice to have Col's for training and steel, tit, dragon helmets for pk.

Well none is using them even for training. When players could buy cols only from the npc at port anitora i was training with an iron helmet. A tit helm offers only +1 additional armor bonus and its way more expensive.

A tit helm with extra HP's bonus is better than a col but its more expensive. On the other hand nothing will change because everybody will be able to use it. So maybe it would be nice to have Col's for training and steel, tit, dragon helmets for pk.

agis... if u read what he said and how i replied, u would understand whats being said...

He said it doesnt matter if prices go down for tit/steel helms, people would still use CoL, I replied that this is true, but that atleast if they were cheaper, they might be used instead of iron helm, so n00bs have more of a choice for headgear than leather/iron helm, so a bit more protection for 500gc extra or so. And the pr0 ppl can use them in TD, etc. :)

Noobs (many with nmt perk) use col for training. Pro's enter in TD with a col.

The idea of reducing prices in those helmets isn't bad but I think that for many reasons tit helm's can't be so cheap. I don't think also that something will change if the prices will be cheaper.

People are training with col and this won't change. And i like it to be honest.

Tit helms with more hp's than col's is just an idea. The longer pk fights we have the better it is. This is my personal opinion of course and others may disagree.

So col can be an item for training and tit helms with extra hp's for pk.

Both items should be made from crafters and manuers.

Something similar can be done for com's. Steel helm of mana with 150 mana and 80 extra hp's or something like that. This is mostly an idea for pure summoners.

Edited by agis29

Nice ideas...maybe the steel helm of health be like +175 hp + 5% chance to heal 25 health + the armor bonus (+3?). But maybe call steel helm of health like, Steel health of healing (not much of a difference). But the ings is like COL + binding stone + steel helm?

Edited by Kill

I don't agree with that... in fact that is the problem with PK'ing atm, there are too many 'pr0' pk'ing stuff... and your idea's just want to add more... my original idea was to provide cheaper but still competetive pk'ing gear, so people don't always hav to go out with full tit+CoL+rosty... More expensive items will only make it more expensive to PK (and discourage people to PK in inferior gear, without a rosto).

If you want the higher lvl helms to be enhanced and become even more expensive, you are free to voice your opinion... but not on this thread please. They can even leave the helms as they are for all i care, im more intrested in the other stuff i suggested getting implemented.