Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Alternative PKing system

It amazes me that there have been THREE PAGES of discussion, with no actual pledge.

I'm going to do it, and voluntarily, as soon as ent puts in the changes. And if I forget, go ahead and do it for me, I'm ready. ;) This will be fun. Was looking for a fight for a few days now in KF with no challengers and found it very disappointing, considering the apparent ratio of PKers to non that the high-level fighters seem to be insisting upon.

My name put forward on page 2, post 36 to be exact. Starting with the line:

My name down please Ent. Matty27

I didnt ask for any bonuses for being PKable, and with my levels am more likely to be constantly killed than most folks posting in this thread. And I intend to have a good few fights too ;)

This idea is to make PK more active by allowing PK opportunities on all maps, not for people to whinge and whine about it not being worth their while. This is supposed to be a fun thing, and I am willing to have a little fun in all maps by setting myself PKable as soon as it is implemented. Hoping to meet some of the players I see in forums or on market but havn't yet shared any EL time, and here's a hope that I might actually gain some fighting experience too.

If you don't want to extend the PK aspects of the game, go ahead and piss Ent off by demanding too much to go along with this idea. If you *do* want to extend PK, give it a chance before making too many demands please. Once it is in game and we have given it a good long try, *then* we can make suggestions for making it more appealing to players who havn't yet pledged their PK status

Hoping to see more names pledged - especially those players who openly boast at VotD storage about their "l337 PK sK1llzors"

Matty27 - same name in game

P.S. No, I aint seen any of those boasters in this thread so far :)

Just think of it as a way to experience the game in a completely different way, tired of just grinding away those FE's and HE's and SR's? try adding some spice to it. Want to try it out? Go harvest on PK maps, NC iron cave for example, go mix some bars in there. Spend some time on pk maps without the intent to PK, go train on a critter on a PK map. You bring extra stuff with you, diss/tele rings, he's sr's, true, but it's not boring, constantly turning the camera seeing if someone is coming, so you lose a harv cloak, buy some extra ;) I died a couple times yesterday doing just this, and I was definitely not bored. Take some risks, try something new, you just might like it. ;)

ill be the first to type the command when/if its implemented. but would like to point out a few possibilities of abuse.

When someone that is not PKable attacks someone that IS PKable, he or she will become PKable themselves, for a limitied time (a few hours maybe). When someone attacks them while they are PKable, they will in turn become PKable themselves, and so on. This whole thing will however not apply in PK maps, where you can attack PKable people without becoming PKable yourself.

most would use this as the system rather than the actual command. few hours vs a month. you could atk your buddys alt who is pkable and reap the special pk benefits. also you can spot a vulernable player who is pkable and kill him, get his shit then hide out in ur private guarded map so his bigger friends cant repay the favor. would also make people cry when they misclick in crowded places.

could this also be done as a neg perk where only reset will remove your pk status?

Its a good idea.... marwen had some VERY good suggestions ..if they implement it with some of marwens suggestions it will work...i think the special storage in safe zone or special command for rostogol from storage is the type of idea that will make this succed ..GL :)

I would use this, but not for month. I would only attack pkable people to get fun of couple of hours, I think majority of likers of this idea would do the same instead of longer fun that might turn pain :)

could this also be done as a neg perk where only reset will remove your pk status?

Good idea. It could give 10 pps, that should be enough bonus for people :)

The perk idea is ok but doesnt solve the problem that most people have and thats the time limit

maybe if the perk was:

PK perk

gives 5 pp

random chance per new EL day of being made pkable on all maps ( 33%) for that day

5-20% xp increase in all skills while pkable (like your own personal scholars day, and hopefully stop people just logging off when they become pkable)

anyone who attacks you while you are in pk status themselves becomes pkable for ONE EL day but they only get half the xp bonus 2-10%. (hey they didnt take the perk so they dont get all the benifit)

Edited by conavar

The perk idea is ok but doesnt solve the problem that most people have and thats the time limit

maybe if the perk was:

PK perk

gives 5 pp

random chance per new EL day of being made pkable on all maps ( 33%) for that day

5-20% xp increase in all skills while pkable (like your own personal scholars day, and hopefully stop people just logging off when they become pkable)

anyone who attacks you while you are in pk status themselves becomes pkable for ONE EL day but they only get half the xp bonus 2-10%. (hey they didnt take the perk so they dont get all the benifit)

I would hate it.

And if it will be in game will I not take it.

To type the command when to be PKable, would I use from we get it in game.

And I think I would use the command again after some time, when I'm ready.

But I would never take the perk.

I'm not sure I would work on any skills while PKable, but use all my time to find people to fight.

So I don't care about 5-20% xp increase or more.

And I would need some time to get gc for SRS, HE and armor for next time.

Well I guess we all have different reasons to type the command.

I remember WanderingFool when I started, I loved to attack him, even if I died every time.

I would love to walk around like him and let people attack.

I must admit i would prefer the #pk command myself ( but unless the month is changed i cant honestly see many people taking it, which is a shame because i think a lot would if the limit was lowered)

good point about the xp increase in all skills , just an idea to maybe intice non-pk ebul harvers to take it as well, if they got a bonus for other than just fighting

That Perk could be a nice bonus for those who want to be pk-able for a long time. Random change to be pk-able and have some extra xp in any skill.

To give extra xp, well, imho only for those who take the perk or the command. not those who are like me, to chicken to do the #pkable command. If you wanna be pk-able for a short time there should no bonus for it. You have the fun you seek already .

just my opinion on this.

That Perk could be a nice bonus for those who want to be pk-able for a long time. Random change to be pk-able and have some extra xp in any skill.

To give extra xp, well, imho only for those who take the perk or the command. not those who are like me, to chicken to do the #pkable command. If you wanna be pk-able for a short time there should no bonus for it. You have the fun you seek already .

just my opinion on this.

If you take the perk and have bad luck, could you be PKable in maybe 3 month.

You will run out of gc, SRS, HE and armor and spend the time harvesting fruit on IP.

We know all how the special days work :)

Only way to get out of it will be reset.

I don't want to reset, it will for sure make me leave the game if it happen.

So I will not use it.

If you type the command do you know how long time it last and you can prepare for it.

So I will type it, take a break from the usually levelling and after the month are over, can I play as usual untill I want next break.

And I will type the command as soon as we have it.

I must admit i would prefer the #pk command myself ( but unless the month is changed i cant honestly see many people taking it, which is a shame because i think a lot would if the limit was lowered)

I agree totally. unfortunatly I think if this perk was introduced the only people who wouldn't mind being PK'able all the time are only the very strongest a/d in game and the extra PP only serves to make them stronger - just keeps the gap between the top players and the rest even wider.

Command (with shorter time than month) = good idea :icon13: , perk = not so hot :icon4:

(braces self for beatings) :mace:

I've just read your most recent post on the blog about the next update Ent, there wasn't any mention of this.

I'm just curious what your views are on it as you haven't made much comment about your opinion since a lot of the feedback on the topic.

I understand a lot of people are excited about the PK server but I hope that the suggestion here is still being considered for the main?? I know I'm excited about it :) It's all gone very quiet :D:evilgrin:

Edited by neildog

I think it was one OR the other, and I believe the PK-server idea is the one being implemented.

I know i personally think this is probably the better way to go. It just seems that most pkers will head over to pk server. That will mess up the economy alot of the main server unless they just keep playing their char on the main server. I know that i personally wont go to the pker server and start pot all over again. Worked for the lvl im at which is not great but i don't want to lose month of fairly hard work. So its a bit of a mutual relationship pkers need artisans for supplies and we need them to buy what we sell. I'm sure a few manuers/potioners/alchers will go over but it just seems pointless to start over in a skill you have a good level in.

I think it was one OR the other, and I believe the PK-server idea is the one being implemented.

I really hope this isn't the case... :)

I really hope this isn't the case... :angry:

Same here, I have been waiting for it :)

I really hope this isn't the case... :)

From the PK-Server thread (emphasis mine):

Ok, well, we'll have a PK server for sure, and it will be this year. But when this year I don't know. Could be just a few weeks, or it could be December.

In fact, Entropy is already accepting payments for characters on the PK-Server when it's up.

I don't recall if this "Alternative PKing system" proposal has had a final ruling, but I'd be very surprised if Entropy implemented both.

Edited by bkc56

I think this idea is dead, and that's a shame. Ent decided on the pk server even before I got my forum account and could chime in on this, so I didn't even bother before now.

The #pk command versus the pk server are two completely different kinds of games. I will never go to the pk server -- universal pk is just not my scene.

I would never type the #pk command because of the month in-game time period -- like others, that would add up to a full year for me. If it was WAY shorter -- or an on-demand on/off command -- I would use it. But I probably would exploit/risk the shorter pk-able period from attacking someone who did use the command. I figured the hardcore action addicts would use the command, and the rest of us (the majority) would get our adventures off them, or else just continue using the pk maps.

But I guess it was not meant to be. We can only hope that if fewer pkers come to the main server, then the rest of us might be able to pk/pvp the way we like. But we'll have to figure out something new to rebuild the economy.

-- Peino