Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Alternative PKing system

In the PK server thread, a few people suggested an additional PK mode on the main server, as an alternative to a dedicated PK server.

This PK mode would work basically like this (or a variation of):

You will have a command that will make you PKable anywhere in the game, except maybe for the underworlds and IP.

This command will last a month or so, after which you become non PKable again. If you wish to stay PKable, you can use the command again. This command will be free. The month will be a month of playing the game, so not logging on in the game for a month won't help.

While you are PKable, you should have some advantage over the non PKable players. What the advantages will be is TBD. Probably stuff such as more experience, a bonus armor, less chance to lose items when you die, etc.

When someone that is not PKable attacks someone that IS PKable, he or she will become PKable themselves, for a limitied time (a few hours maybe). When someone attacks them while they are PKable, they will in turn become PKable themselves, and so on. This whole thing will however not apply in PK maps, where you can attack PKable people without becoming PKable yourself.

Now, here is the deal:

Implementing and testing this system will take days, maybe even weeks.

I don't feel like working on something that no one will use, as it was the case with the guild enemies.

So if I am to implement this thing, I will need a pledge from those who want it implemented. The pledge is: "I will use this system for at least a month, starting when it's implemented"

This plage WILL be enforced by me (if you don't do it yourself, I will do it for you).

So, who is going to use this system? Please post your ingame name here.

I need 30 'signatures' to implement it, and those signing it will need to be over level 50 a/d.

You will have a command that will make you PKable anywhere in the game, except maybe for the underworlds and IP

Here is problem of this system and one of many problems of your total war, there should be ~5 steps around each storage non-PK and idaloran hell exit too (or maybe ring of IP can work in hell).

And you must make final seznam of all advantages before I (anyone)'ll tell you if it worth it.

and suggestion what worth it:

+20% a/d exp

some new NPC usable only for PKable (like storage in TD ;)

lower cooldown (-50%)

some new items only for PKable

better monster drops

and idk why I post this, you cant find more than 3 players who'll realy use it, regardless of advantages (2x a/d exp, 2x monster drops or so ...) and its not about system, its about players

Its still the same problem which i have with such suggestions:

There is only one exit from Isla Prima to the rest of the world, so it would be too easy just to camp on Lakeside docks to kill other players.

So, you are somehow caged on IP and cant leave it, because the bullies would just camp at lakeside docks to kill players.

We need a 2nd exit from IP, or even a 3rd one, that players have at least a chance to escape from underworld/IP.

Or even a storage on IP that they can get a teleport ring.

Piper

Hell I'd do it! It sounds like a fun experience. Maybe make level limits? so that only people with around 10~ a/d same can attack you. so some lower levels can pk without worry!

There are, of course, rings and teleport to the portal room spells, yes?

As for Marwen's suggestion, 20% more exp sounds right. MAYBE special items too, but special NPCs and more drops can't be done.

There is only one exit from Isla Prima to the rest of the world, so it would be too easy just to camp on Lakeside docks to kill other players.
I agree this is a problem. Of course the obvious answer is to carry rings/ess so you can teleport/portal-room off IP (and Entropy posted while I was editing). The obvious problem is: what if you dropped what you needed when you died.

But there are some other solutions:

• Have one of the NPC's sell portal-room essence packages (the three you need, in the right amounts). You'd still need the magic level to use it so it couldn't be abused. And if you dropped your money too, well the store on IP buys rabbit pelts, raw meat, fruits, and veggies.

• Give the wraith (or another NPC) the ability to teleport you to the portal room for a fee. This could be abused unless it only works if your magic level is high enough to do it yourself if you had the ess. Again, if you have no money a little work on IP will get you what you need.

• Put a teleporter on IP that will randomely send you to another C1 map (this could be an option for the Wraith or other NPC too). It's free because of the random factor. Require a minimum OA level so newbs don't accidently send themselves to KF or someplace dangerious.

Any of the above (or a combination) would easily fix the "I'm trapped on IP" problem in a way that wouldn't be abused.

Personally, I think it's a great idea, but I wouldn't use it myself (even with my fighting char). If the time limit were shorter (a few hours, or a RL day) then it would be fun to play with. But being PKable for many days is to limiting (I couldn't work on anything else) so I wouldn't use it. On the other hand, attacking someone PKable to turn it on for a few hours could be fun to play with.

Edited by bkc56

The obvious problem is: what if you dropped what you needed when you died.

Hmm, how about having a friend to come and give you the items?

Or buying them from other players? I am sure there would be a good market for players to sell those items at an extra cost.

As for Marwen's suggestion, 20% more exp sounds right. MAYBE special items too, but special NPCs and more drops can't be done.

hmm, so bad, with this PKers'll need much more gc, so ~150% of gc droped from monsters should be good.

I'm scared of it, but I think I can live with it one month, so I'll use it at least one month with TooMass, if you make it.

and btw. command to take rostogol, or some other items from magic part of storage everywhere should be good fo PKable. (I cant find way how to abuse it, so why not?)

Hmm, how about having a friend to come and give you the items? Or buying them from other players? I am sure there would be a good market for players to sell those items at an extra cost.

All completely true. I was just suggesting solutions so that people could help themselves. Friends may not be available, or on. And finding someone to come to IP to sell you a ring (even at above market rates) may be difficult. Having a solution you can use (with no outside help) allows you to spend less time stuck on IP trying to find a way off.

I think a month is too much, as bkc56 said.

I think 1 RL day is enough, or even 2, but 1 month... too much i think.

If the time duration is set lower, u can count me in.

If you ever post more garbage such as this reply, or this thread: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37444 , you will be banned from the forums.

How am I going to make money when im out of esse and sr's if folks are camping for me in the mines where i make my money? Think this would be geared more towards yeti trainers since they harvest up their money by fighting, not for people that make money harvesting in the caves.

Edited by XitragupteN

I like the idea having the PK mode alot.. im just really not sure about the time you

are pkable.. i mean a month.. hell.. i maybe want to pk for 1 day and then go back training

or helping friends or so. its not like "ok im gonna go straight only pk for a month".

I see that we still could train and stuff. which is a bit more risky and may add some spice. but

i go pk to have fun for a couple of hours, not for profit or something. it really sounds a bit harsh

with that 1 month..

Maybe i misunderstood you in some parts, if so im sorry. I like this idea alot, just think

it needs a bit more tweaking.

The idea is that it requires a lot of work on ym side for a feature that might be totally unused.

So if you want this feature, you need to do some sacrifices too.

And this is not meant as a quick way to get more exp. It's done as a 'way of life', to have more PK in the game and not have a separate server.

Very nice idea, I might use it.

A month is too much, make it a week.

hmm, so bad, with this PKers'll need much more gc, so ~150% of gc droped from monsters should be good.

I'm scared of it, but I think I can live with it one month, so I'll use it at least one month with TooMass, if you make it.

and btw. command to take rostogol, or some other items from magic part of storage everywhere should be good fo PKable. (I cant find way how to abuse it, so why not?)

Yes, a command to take items out of storage wouls be needed.

Like people would wait on WC, would they be waiting in the tele rooms, so rings would be better.

Or

Maybe it would be better, if you only drop items on pk maps (loose rostos) .

To harv fruit on IP to get gc 2 weeks of the month, because you run out of rostos/ess/rings before the month is out, would like - kill the idea.

Guest ohmygod

I have a feeling this will turn into the Guild_war thing and fail before it starts. To make people choose this option some very BIG carrots are needed.

I like:

Safe zone around storage area.

More xp

More gc (so can replace stuff lost etc quick and not cry about it)

I would also suggest only PKable people will:

- Get rare drops from monsters. (non-"pk" players will only ever get gc. You could increase rare drops cause not many people will be "pk" players so less rare entering game)

-Make Rare Items

- Have cooldown on diss rings removed or halved.

- Get random telepoint into teleroom

Edit:

- Harvest time Halved

- Cooldown on food halved

As I have different playing times to those of my guiildies and often play on guild alone for many hours before they log. I would suggest a NPC in the underworld that will give you free teleport to any map. This would give you BIG chance to avoid people from pking you again and again because you droped tele ess in first death and they wait for you to enter map/teleroom again.

With more GC in game from mobs I would suggest limiting the amount of P/C that could be bought via Hydro nex + Rem stone.

Careful Guy Perk for partcipants should cost GC and not PP and only last while they are pkable.

Yes big wish list but like i said need a BIG carrot.

Edited by ohmygod

I think a month is too much, as bkc56 said.

I think 1 RL day is enough, or even 2, but 1 month... too much i think.

If the time duration is set lower, u can count me in.

If you ever post more garbage such as this reply, or this thread: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37444 , you will be banned from the forums.

I think EL month would be good amount of time. If one is logged 6 months a day, this would be gone in a RL month ;)

This command will last a month or so, after which you become non PKable again. ... The month will be a month of playing the game, so not logging on in the game for a month won't help.
This may be a stupid question (there are no stupid questions, well, except for some of the ones I ask), but is this month of which you speak a RL month (30*24 = 720 hours of game play time) or an EL month (30*6 = 180 hours of game play time)?

I'm guessing the first (RL monty), but it's a 4x difference in time so I'd like to be sure. If it's the second, leaving yourself logged in 24 hours/day would clear the PK flag in just over a week. That's not to bad if you decide you don't like it after all.

I will try it for a month, was on the border on the pk server idea, and I think this would give me a better idea if I would like to play on a server that is full pk or not.

Maybe add a storage on IP only usable for those who are pkable , will stop everyone abusing it and let them get items, rings etc they need not to be trapped or make WS "safe as well "

IMO i think the month time limit will put alot of people off who would like to take it ( and having a lower time limit would also open up the idea for numerous events and roleplaying aspects)

I not a pker ( just not high enough level to compete on pk maps) but i think even i would use this system if the time limit was lower , it would be a change from the norm and fun .

and no "wish list " from me. people seem to miss this point that if you take this option you are not forced to wear you "best gear " for a month. IT SHOULD BE ABOUT having more fun and not " what perks can i get out of it "

Edited by conavar

I can play a month(actually, 2 or more months at least, like Entropy said time when ur logged off doesnt count)w/o making exp no problem.

The risk of being pked/broded from invi is really high and when u train u cant use mag immune and true sight spell all the time, thats why i dont need advantages in exp/drops from being pkable since i probably wont do that much.

What i need is other 29 ppl that will do that too, not only 5 strongest/richest ingame :P

(It would be also really nice to have some protection when u come out from c2 hell :)

mp

a month is still too long for me so why not make a stone only buyable with paypal... like 5 usd per stone and they remove your pk status. So you won't just use that stone in a second but you can still remove your pk status :P