Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zamirah

How to make pk maps crowded

I see in this game 3 problems :

1. too few are pking

2. pkers are always out of money

3. other skills can't sell their products.

I got this idea because I kill yetis to get gc even if they give bad xp:

1. only pk give A/D xp, monsters don't give xp but are dropping more gc than now.

The longer fight, the more xp.

So best to fight a player with same stats.

This mean a level 140 A/D player will not get any xp when killing a 40 A/D player.

So no reason to do it.

And no drops, or the low level players will be killed for drops.

2. This way can fighters kill monsters to get gc and don't need to harvest flowers of make ess.

Monsters drop items for armor/weapons too , like serp stones and dragonscales - so a reason to kill them.

3. As fighters don't work with other skills will there be less items in game, so easier to sell for manuer/crafter/alcher.

That makes no sense... how would not get a/d exp from monsters..

Not everyone likes PK maps too. When I did train a/d, I hated pvping, too boring. Monsters keep things interesting.

If we really stop getting xp from monsters (or maybe only from monsters in non-PK zones ?), there is one big problem. A/D leveling changes dramatically, so new players may be at a big disadvantage (or advantage if new system gives significantly more xp) compared to those who already have accumulated some a/d xp. That will result in many upset players.

Also, you say

The longer fight, the more xp.

So best to fight a player with same stats.

That is a bit unclear, what type of A/D exp system are you proposing? If it's same as now, most players would only pvp (more for defense I think). If it's based on the time you fight, hmmm interesting. How does it depend on the level of the fighters?

increase exp/gold/drops from mobs in pk areas (not all pk areas, only the most known maps)

monsters don't give xp but are dropping more gc than now.

I REALLY don't like this idea. What about those low level players. How is a player who is 4/4 supposed to level? As soon as they step into DP arena, they'll be slaughtered......

BRILLIANT IDEA!

Also you only get alch/craft/manu etc exp in PK maps, this way PK will be much more crowded and we can all get drops!

Why not go the whole hog, take out all maps except PK!

rofl

1. too few are pking

I dont have any problems selling my products, it may take a few days to sell, but theres allways someone wanting something, no matter how obscure it is.

1. too few are pking

Almost no1 goes pking coz pkers r always out of money, until that thing is changed pk will be as dead as it is now.

BRILLIANT IDEA!

Also you only get alch/craft/manu etc exp in PK maps, this way PK will be much more crowded and we can all get drops!

Why not go the whole hog, take out all maps except PK!

I would suggest putting exactly 1 storage in the middle of KF! Make also all other maps non-mixing areas, why to use only gentle means?

Yeah I love this idea it really puts things into perspective! WE can all lose our stuff nto get any levels and watch the economy doom and go to all the high level a/d'ers =D. Getting a level would be virtually impossible due to the fact that people can't get anything from them :D

really why didn't any think of this sooner?

I would suggest putting exactly 1 storage in the middle of KF! Make also all other maps non-mixing areas, why to use only gentle means?

Cool! How about the cooldown on all food (including FP's) is 180, and the cooldown on all non-food items is 0!!!!1111one!1

1. too few are pking

I dont have any problems selling my products, it may take a few days to sell, but theres allways someone wanting something, no matter how obscure it is.

Well, the reason for posting this , was not that I wanted it this way, but to ask other to think of,what we could do to this problems.

So to make you notice it, guess you did. :D

With not to sell the produckts do I mean - for more than cost price and not need to sell to NCP.

I gave up crafting because to make rings cost me money, I had hundreds of polished stones in storage - sold them to NCP when I reset - lost money.

Sold a lot of meds to NCP for less than cost price.

I have still 100s of c1 rings in storage, needed to make them to level and didnt want to sell under cost price.

And it's more than 8 months after I reset.

Same with manu, some people make leather helms at Trik, I made lots of iron shields and iron swords to level, lost money.

Same now, prices on bindingstones and EFEs go up, weapon and armor stay same price.

Because too many make - sell.

Many of them are fighters, who need to work with other skills to get gc.

I do the same, from harvest to manu, because I don't have gc to buy.

We need to do something so people can sell without they loose money.

And so fighters can loose rostos and not need to harv/alc/manu for hours.

Any ideas ???

Edited by Zamirah

Same now, prices on bindingstones and EFEs go up, weapon and armor stay same price.

Any ideas ???

Im not sure what it is thats trying to be said? The price of ingredients to make top armor has gone up, and the price of armor remains similar, so we should increase the price of armor and swords?

But that defeats the object of making this a Pker friendly world where the Pkers dictate to the rest of us how much something should be because '' its all so expensive and i am a poor fighter ''

Is it really so bad that a fighter has to do what the rest of us do in EL and spend some time gathering ingredients to progress ?

Yes I understand that you cant make a vast profit on everything, but perhaps not everyone deems thier level of success in this game by how much GC they have tucked away in thier storage.

It probably is a very expensive game for Pkers nowadays, but hey, nobody forced anyone to follow that path.

If we were all to add up exactly how much GC we have spent expanding our capabilities in EL , we would probably stand back in shock at the amount. But thats not a bad thing, experience never comes for free in any world. Unless you pick a fight with someone for calling them a tard and you get the hell beaten out of you. Thats pretty much free, but not everyones idea of a good time.

Im not meaning to sound patronising to the population of Pk/Fighters but what really intrigues me is this :

If your all so poor how come you are walking around in 400kgc worth of equipment all the time ?

I dont get it, you must have raised the Gc for that somehow, unless you Pked someone for it, but either way, you still managed to get it somehow, do the same again for it.

It takes everyone time in EL to achieve something, nobody gets results overnight ( unless of course you beg your mum and dad for their credit card number to buy your image in EL - but thats not my problem and actually is pretty cool because it means the game will hopefully stay free to play for the rest of us RL poor people - tho ive had 2 p2p races hehe )

Asking for the game to somehow be designed so that its only a Pk / ad fest is wierd, there are many ways to get GC in EL, and they all take time. Tis how it is.

peace

aTeh

p.s Zam you yourself are proud of having 4 levels over 100 and thats a great achievement by anyones standards, but it took time to do that im sure, all im saying is it takes time to do anything in EL, including raising GC for the next PK fest , i just talk to much for my own good, sorry :D

Any ideas ???

If your all so poor how come you are walking around in 400kgc worth of equipment all the time ?

I dont get it, you must have raised the Gc for that somehow, unless you Pked someone for it, but either way, you still managed to get it somehow, do the same again for it.

I made it, from harvest iron, make steel bars, harvest hydro, and manu it.

Cost me a lot of time and some food.

I would have loved to buy from a manuer, but too expensive.

And I could have spent the time in KF.

The NMT did I get as drop.

Asking for the game to somehow be designed so that its only a Pk / ad fest is wierd, there are many ways to get GC in EL, and they all take time. Tis how it is.

I don't want this only to be designed for pk, I want some pk in game atm it's dead.

To kill some hydro harvesters is not pk, it's what happen when pkers get bored.

I might do it too. When do you harv ? :D

p.s Zam you yourself are proud of having 4 levels over 100 and thats a great achievement by anyones standards, but it took time to do that im sure, all im saying is it takes time to do anything in EL, including raising GC for the next PK fest , i just talk to much for my own good, sorry :P

Yes, it took time, the skills are A/D; harvest and alchemy.

I would like only to do A/D but as harvest and alchemy is the only skills you can get gc from in this game, so I wasted a lot of time doing that.

Time I could have used on pk.

I don't want this only to be designed for pk, I want some pk in game atm it's dead.

So? Does that mean those fighters who don't PK would have to PK?

Making XP gainable only on PK maps would clearly make fighting totally PK orientated. If you want more PK I suggest you PKers change your attitude, for a start.

Edited by Hydro

I am a midd level fighter i am fighting only for drops and to get for highet monsters, but i really dont like to enter pk area. I dont like when i am slatered in about 3-4 hits, that is not fun in my eyes.

Troger

So? Does that mean those fighters who don't PK would have to PK?

Making XP gainable only on PK maps would clearly make fighting totally PK orientated. If you want more PK I suggest you PKers change your attitude, for a start.

Change attitude ??

I been pking 8 months.

I been training on pk maps from I started to train ogres, close to 2 year ago.

And people pvp on pk maps every day.

And harvest on pk maps every day.

Do you think all attack people who train ?

When I go after hydro, do I always bring a cutlass for if I should be attacked.

I meet many other harvesters and have never attacked any.

And I'm never been attacked.

But if people get bored because no other pk action, I guess they will start to look for hydro harvesters and pvpers.

So yes, maybe I should change my attitude.

When do you go harvest ??

But well, I think waste of time, guess you don't give any pk points. :D

No, I don't.

When you trained in PK since ogres I bet you didn't do ALL your training there, you must have trained on mobs also. You could PvP in KF few years ago, you can't do that now. PKing and training are two totally different things.

Anyway, what you suggested was unreasonable. There are ways of making PK active without turning EL upside down. Look at the 'PK server' thread in General Chat.

Edited by Hydro

No, I don't.

When you trained in PK since ogres I bet you didn't do ALL your training there, you must have trained on mobs also. PKing and training are two totally different things.

What you suggested was unreasonable. There are ways of making PK active without turning EL upside down. Look at the 'PK server' thread in General Chat.

Bet lost.

I was training on ogres in TD.

Nothing else.

And rare on other maps, they were always taken.

And 3 people used to attacked me, it's all. But not a big problem with diss/tele rings.

Lots of other was training there, was before C2.

Well maybe you better be crafter. :D

Exactly - you suggested people only train on PK maps - unlike you, who trained on a PK map, but on Ogres.

imo PK is dead because of neg tanks like you. I don't care - don't know why I bothered to post here. An irrational suggestion like this would never get implemented anyway.

Sorry.

Edited by Hydro

Exactly - you suggested people only train on PK maps - unlike you, who trained on a PK map, but on Ogres.

As I did'nt pk at that time, did I only kill orges for drops.

I did'nt care about xp, could have got more from pvp.

But as I said, I did it for drops, not xp.

As I kill yetis now for drops, even if they give bad xp.

And pvp on pk maps.

When hunting/fighting someone weaker then you, do it alone, maybe they'll call some friends and match up to you together.

If you always bravely hunt people weaker then you with like 2398948523092 people like you go after me, and all you manage to pull off is some flames at storage, you're not bound to get PK action.

:D

-Blee

The suggestion wasn't good, but I agree Zamirah raises important points, that is, fighters are now not fighters, but flower harvesters and coal miners. Fighters should fight evil monsters and use money to buy armor, essences, clothes, potions, summoning stones. Now they can do this only if they are capable of killing yeti+ fast.

I think there should be monsters that give good gc at various levels, not only 120+ a/d. They may be dangerous, like spells, big random damage, special effects etc, but if you manage to take risks, you should get decent money/ hour, at least more than you do by simply muling flowers to the shop without any risks. Nowadays only maybe phantom warrior and white tiger are examples of what I mean, but their drops are still low.

Also, as scarr said. Add even more profitable monsters in PK maps.

Personally, because fighting is not profitable and there is lack of interest in PK, I started other skills, with focus on summoning

Edited by vytukas

maybe another thing, if you look over all the pk* topics you can see there are two totally different types of pk's.

1.) the classic pk , who enjoy fighting for some profit (loot of course)

2.) the wow- style "softie" -pk who dont care much on dropps, but want to have some fun

so getting more ppl in pk maps isn't that easy, because they expect different things when they go out to pk.

now the easiest thing would be we start a single server for every player type.. :)

nah, i think what we really need is to go back to the roots. if you ask around some of the older ppl who played other games before you get allways this type of answers:

1.) save zones are needed , but if you go out of the city into the forrest it shouldn't be to safe there.

2.) there must be some loot from players

the solution is:

make pk to be pk again.

setting up hundreds of rules, exceptions, special ways etc. doesn't solve anything - keep it simple.

if the new server comes up(hopefully) this would be a uniqe chance to do the right things.

EOF