Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK server

I like the idea of manuers (or more generally: mixers) guild.

And some friendly guild of our protectors :)

Also it would be nice if all final items drops (i.e. armors, weapons, etc) from monsters were removed. Only gold coins and some ingredients (like rare stones, maybe some leather, thread, vials etc). And more balanced prices from NPCs. Final items should cost more than the sum of cost of the ingredients bought from the shop.

Then the game would be really interesting.

But probably I can only dream of such changes :D

Regards

Chryzopraz

Yah, yah, yah! The whole concept of civilization is being altered here! There was a discussion on Channel 4 ingame about a PK server came up and a great analogy mentioned was the book/movie 'Lord of the Flies'. If you are not familiar with it, read a description on the web. A grand image of how the PK server will form itself!

I noticed some questions about basics that Entropy mentioned in the beginning, here's a refresher so we don't get balled up in old news:

1. All the maps but IP and the underworlds will be PK.

2. The cities in the maps will be safe zones.

3. The a/d skill will be capped to level 100

4. The rostogol stones will be less rare, and their price from the shop will be lower (1 USD each)

5. There will be far less moderation, and there will be no rules against multiplaying (however, see next point)

6. There will be a fee to be able to create a character on the PK server. Something like 5 USD per character, unlimited play.

7. The only thing available from the shop for that server will be the rostogol stones. No swords, EFEs, etc.

8. The updates for that server will be more rare than on the main server. That means that if we have 3 updates for the main server, there will be only one update for the PK server, although that update will contain all the 3 updates combined.

9. You will NOT be able to transfer characters between servers!

And I assume the lawless concept here does not include surrounding yourself with computers and creating your own little "Goon Platoon" with which to PK the world..... is that so boss?

And some friendly guild of our protectors :D

Also it would be nice if all final items drops (i.e. armors, weapons, etc) from monsters were removed. Only gold coins and some ingredients (like rare stones, maybe some leather, thread, vials etc). And more balanced prices from NPCs. Final items should cost more than the sum of cost of the ingredients bought from the shop.

But probably I can only dream of such changes ;)

Regards

Chryzopraz

lol whats with all the mixers and anti-pk'ing people wanting to come to the server too? If u dont like all-over pk'ing, stay in normal server please, don't try changing PK-server to suit your needs, stay in your server and suggest all the BS u want. :)

I hope that we won't be allowed to mix/harvest in safe zones, they should be just to take some breath.

edit: I'm not sure about trading in safe zones tho.

Edited by Desertus

You can't steal items with even more rostos ingame ;)

I know it will be your main income, but imo it destroys the meaning of the game. Although I hope if there is pked a lot, people won't use rostos anymore.

Edited by Cycloonx

But probably I can only dream of such changes :)

Regards

Chryzopraz

lol whats with all the mixers and anti-pk'ing people wanting to come to the server too? If u dont like all-over pk'ing, stay in normal server please, don't try changing PK-server to suit your needs, stay in your server and suggest all the BS u want. ;)

Well they make a valid point! Maybe the entire game realizes now that we all need each other and we should not bitch about what we want? You see with out alchers there are no pk'ers, with out pk'ers alchers have no point \o/ therefore we need each other to work good together. ;) so I like the idea for server full of only pk but don't forget we can go back and forth for fun time ^^

lol whats with all the mixers and anti-pk'ing people wanting to come to the server too? If u dont like all-over pk'ing, stay in normal server please, don't try changing PK-server to suit your needs, stay in your server and suggest all the BS u want. ;)

We have nothing against PKing. But it probably will be very interesting to try some non fighting skills in a dangerous environment.

I was also for making most or even all places with ores and other higher resources PKable.

It encourages player interaction, when harvesters need fighters protection.

And those fighters might have more action when protecting harvesters in a popular spot.

Also protecting them from competing harvesters too ;)

Full PK server implements that idea to the extreme.

Regards

Chryzopraz

Edited by Chryzopraz

Regards

Chryzopraz

Well they make a valid point! Maybe the entire game realizes now that we all need each other and we should not bitch about what we want? You see with out alchers there are no pk'ers, with out pk'ers alchers have no point \o/ therefore we need each other to work good together. ;) so I like the idea for server full of only pk but don't forget we can go back and forth for fun time ^^

Rofl

You do realise that most of those ebul pk'ers can alch too? and most likely has a much higher alch lvl than the people who make their gc by alching.... also many pk'ers (almost all the really old players) have high potioning lvl's (not that anyone really uses sr's after they start training chims/yeti)... being a "pk'er" doesnt mean you cant do anything else... not all are char buyers who hav no idea what a mortar and pestle is. I myself do not rely on anyone to supply my stuff... i only buy everything because its convenient... Thats the great thing of EL... none of those silly class-based chars... you are what u want/need to be... if you cant find something from other people, or they refuse to give you a decent price, you make it yourself.

You do realise that most of those ebul pk'ers can alch too? and most likely has a much higher alch lvl than the people who make their gc by alching.... also many pk'ers (almost all the really old players) have high potioning lvl's (not that anyone really uses sr's after they start training chims/yeti)... being a "pk'er" doesnt mean you cant do anything else...

So how many of those PKers can make their own armors? Not leather stuff, but steel or titanium plates?

Regards

Chryzopraz

PS.

TBH I can't make tit plate yet. But I can make steel one ;)

You do realise that most of those ebul pk'ers can alch too? and most likely has a much higher alch lvl than the people who make their gc by alching.... also many pk'ers (almost all the really old players) have high potioning lvl's (not that anyone really uses sr's after they start training chims/yeti)... being a "pk'er" doesnt mean you cant do anything else...

So how many of those PKers can make their own armors? Not leather stuff, but steel or titanium plates?

Regards

Chryzopraz

PS.

TBH I can't make tit plate yet. But I can make steel one ;)

We all start with new chars... no1 will be able to make tit plate,and like i said, its only bought now because its more convenient than to lvl manu... my manu reached 23 because i made my own shields, but that became unneccesary since i could just buy them for cheaper, and not need the nexus...

and btw my arguement isnt pointed at you, seeing as you said you don't mind being pk'd... i'm aiming it at the people who want to make fighting an even more profitless skill, in a world where fighting will be the most important skill (making NPC prices higher/less gc from creatures/no drops from creatures) all so that the mixers can feel 'safe' because the pk'ers will 'need' them to make them stuff.

since we all start together, with new chars don't feel forced to become a mixer because thats all u are used to... try your hand at becoming a fighter too. ;)

You can't steal items with even more rostos ingame ;)

I know it will be your main income, but imo it destroys the meaning of the game. Although I hope if there is pked a lot, people won't use rostos anymore.

Well, alternatively, I can make them MORE expensive on the PK server, like 10 bucks each, so that people will not use them that often.

Yah, yah, yah! The whole concept of civilization is being altered here! There was a discussion on Channel 4 ingame about a PK server came up and a great analogy mentioned was the book/movie 'Lord of the Flies'. If you are not familiar with it, read a description on the web. A grand image of how the PK server will form itself!

Lord of the flies was exactly what I had in mind with this PK server ;)

Although here everyone will stand a fair chance, unlike in Lord of the flies.

Regards

Chryzopraz

lol whats with all the mixers and anti-pk'ing people wanting to come to the server too? If u dont like all-over pk'ing, stay in normal server please, don't try changing PK-server to suit your needs, stay in your server and suggest all the BS u want. :)

Well they make a valid point! Maybe the entire game realizes now that we all need each other and we should not bitch about what we want? You see with out alchers there are no pk'ers, with out pk'ers alchers have no point \o/ therefore we need each other to work good together. :D so I like the idea for server full of only pk but don't forget we can go back and forth for fun time ^^

Rofl

You do realise that most of those ebul pk'ers can alch too? and most likely has a much higher alch lvl than the people who make their gc by alching.... also many pk'ers (almost all the really old players) have high potioning lvl's (not that anyone really uses sr's after they start training chims/yeti)... being a "pk'er" doesnt mean you cant do anything else... not all are char buyers who hav no idea what a mortar and pestle is. I myself do not rely on anyone to supply my stuff... i only buy everything because its convenient... Thats the great thing of EL... none of those silly class-based chars... you are what u want/need to be... if you cant find something from other people, or they refuse to give you a decent price, you make it yourself.

I fail to see how this changes anything abotu my post. What I mean is if every one on the EL server goes to pk server they won't have any armors :( because no 1 will be there to buy it all ^^ therefore in order to stay in a more cooperative area we all need to be together ^^. Say what you want, do what you want I could care less.. but do nto criticize the views of others because of what they find to be an un-fair thing. We all have opinions, not justt eh pk'ers in this thread! You think because you got some good stats your teh_g0d? wrong!

I love to pk, but then again i also enjoy the other skills of the game, guess id run my character on the normal Server and on the Pk server. would make things inssteresting ^^.

<3 the idea.

The other skills are 80% of the game. Why shard it for 20%? Have fun without the folks who make the ess or pots.

well games like this are based around the fighters , without them the game will most likley suffer. IMO

I have been proven wrong many times ,so im not making any predictions , but if i had to give an opinion i would say that i dont think this idea will flourish and here is why

this is the equivilant of people training and wasting valuable time on a test server that could be used productivly on the main server, I for one wouldnt waste my time there , this dosent mean that others wont , but i doubt any significant # of people will actually spend time there (as Entropy has all mentioned)......

Edited by mufossa

this is the equivilant of people training and wasting valuable time on a test server that could be used productivly on the main server, I for one wouldnt waste my time there , this dosent mean that others wont , but i doubt any significant # of people will actually spend time there (as Entropy has all mentioned)......

All the time spent on any game is a "wasted" time. The only reason to spend that time is having fun.

If you have fun then the time is not wasted. Added excitement of the possibility of being killed anywhere anytime may make the game more entertaining. That's why some people might go there, and that's why time spent there can't be considered as "wasted" more then on a regular server.

Regards

Chryzopraz

I'm curious how many people signed up already? and if you didn't count me in plz do now :) I'll certainly give it a try and see how it goes :)

I'm curious how many people signed up already? and if you didn't count me in plz do now :) I'll certainly give it a try and see how it goes :)

There is a poll in the stcky threads. 65 people signed as for now.

I'am afraid that we won't have 100, so Ent won't create the new server.

*sigh* Oh well, it was an interesting idea anyway. *sigh*

Regards

Chryzopraz

Well, I can wait until we have 100 'signatures'.

We won't have the server closer thatd ecember anyway (although we MIGHT have some 'beta' test sooner than that.

I fail to see how this changes anything abotu my post. What I mean is if every one on the EL server goes to pk server they won't have any armors :) because no 1 will be there to buy it all ^^ therefore in order to stay in a more cooperative area we all need to be together ^^. Say what you want, do what you want I could care less.. but do nto criticize the views of others because of what they find to be an un-fair thing. We all have opinions, not justt eh pk'ers in this thread! You think because you got some good stats your teh_g0d? wrong!

Zure... please get some glasses, kk?

You said that pk'ers wont exist without alchers to supply them with essences, i replied that every1 can make anything they want/need without the help of others, hence your post has been proven to be a load of crap.

Secondly, like i stated, don't come and mess up this server aswell, its not meant to be a mixer's server its supposed to be a PK SERVER , therefore the reason I told people to keep their silly ideas of keeping them safe, to themselves, and mix in the other server where they are safe.

I never claimed to be a better person than anyone else, or 'teh_g0d', as you phrased it... but i do ask you (NOT command, ok?), please stop spamming this thread with your BS.

All the time spent on any game is a "wasted" time. The only reason to spend that time is having fun.

If you have fun then the time is not wasted. Added excitement of the possibility of being killed anywhere anytime may make the game more entertaining. That's why some people might go there, and that's why time spent there can't be considered as "wasted" more then on a regular server.

Regards

Chryzopraz

I just have one comment.

Why isn't the Nordcarn pk cave with all that exciting iron ore so conveniently

close to a storage packed? It has to be more entertaining than SRM or EVTR. Plus KF is packed with exciting

flowers to harvest and no one does. :)

Coz being pkable while afk-harv is crazy disadvantage and 99% of ppl r smart enough to not go there lol. When they will have no other choice they will have to afk-harv in pk mines, so easy kill for pkers :)

Well, i hope for pk server asap, we will see how it goes there:>

I also wanna say that many ppl from those 65 votes for pk server will buy at least two accounts there(5$ for 1 account is silly money :)

I also saw 39 votes for "maybe"( its 20% of votes so not a small amount).

mp

Umm.... isn't the iron in the non-PK cave in NC, or both? Regardless, I think we all hate to mine iron, even my dwarfy jolly self! :) There's always a crowd on that one poor stone in EVTR.

Entropy: I'm glad you are giving this some time, it will take me till December to save up the $5 anyway! Can I assume we can pay by check or money order as per rules in the EL shop? PayPal and I have an eBay PK situation going on....

In reference to "Lord of the Flies", when all is arranged on the new PK server, look for a player named "Piggy"...... :)

Why isn't the Nordcarn pk cave with all that exciting iron ore so conveniently

close to a storage packed? It has to be more entertaining than SRM or EVTR. Plus KF is packed with exciting

flowers to harvest and no one does. :)

Because it's not the closest to the storage currently. EVTR is as close as NC and more convenient. Storage usually is less packed. But I used to harvest in NC PK cave a lot when there was no iron in EVTR mine.

And I wasn't the only one.

And to Mugwump - there is iron in non PK cave in NC also, but it's a long walk in the cave, so not so convenient as in EVTR or SRM.

Regards

Chryzopraz

(although we MIGHT have some 'beta' test sooner than that.

wait, so we'd be beta testing a beta server on a open beta game?

:D

however confused i am... i like the idea, and i like beta, so :)

I love it!

Beta beta bo beta,

Banana fanna fo feta,

Me My Mo Meta,

BETA!!!

God forbid EL goes Omega!!

(I'd been using teleport to get to the South cave iron quickly and saw others doing so, my misinterpretation! It is a long walk.)