Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK server

u dont need a full continend, this will be a big mistake, dont expect there will be as much players on pk server as on main ...

u dont need a full continend, this will be a big mistake, dont expect there will be as much players on pk server as on main ...

I disagree... this makes it easier for players to get lost and level up unmolested! I also get the feeling that copying the existing servers is the easiest way to create another as opposed to a completely customized world.

Again, I'm not sure and would like to know if we begin life on the PK server as fresh newbies or our current chosen characters?

Edited by Mugwump

well as far as im aware Mug .. Ent stated that everyone will have to make a totally new character so all players start even.. no transfering of items or chars from main server to pk one

I would buy a few accounts if others play. I also agree to limit the amount of maps. Just remove C2 and some of the unused C1 maps. Not played on main server for quite a while now and ill probaly come back if theres this new server if i can :D.

Original PowerWarrior.

BTW: Im not sure if im allowed to post the name so i wont but theres a game thats fully pk. Might want to look at that to see how it works and it may give some ideas.

You could maybe try to steal some of there players since the game has the worst customer service i have ever seen.

Edited by PowerWarrior

There are a few reasons for all the maps, rather than a few maps:

1. Much easier for us, otherwise we'd have to do a lot of work to relocate the NPCs, resources, spawns, and so on.

2. If the PK server idea becomes popular and we have 100 players online at a time there, then those maps will be very crowded, and easy to PK people without any strategy (just wait at the entrance of a resource filled map, PK people as they get in).

3. More maps would encourage other skills, because people cna go and hide, sort of. If everyone harvests iron in CC, then a PKer can come and kill everyone at once. But if there are many maps, the PKers will need to spread out and LOOK for the kills.

As for the Nexus via Hydro, I really, really don't think anyone will be able to do that anyway on the PK server. Just think about walking around with 50 hydro bars when everyone can kill you.

BTW: Im not sure if im allowed to post the name so i wont but theres a game thats fully pk. Might want to look at that to see how it works and it may give some ideas.

There are MANY games that are fully PK.

I would buy a few accounts if others play. I also agree to limit the amount of maps. Just remove C2 and some of the unused C1 maps. Not played on main server for quite a while now and ill probaly come back if theres this new server if i can :D.

Original PowerWarrior.

You could maybe try to steal some of there players since the game has the worst customer service i have ever seen.

Full PK and awful costumer service? You just described 99% of Korean MMOs.

Well it has many many servers but its not korean i dont think. And by bad customer service i mean: 85% of the time they wont reply. Also they get hacked all the time. There website got hacked around 5 times in 2 weeks i heard.

Edit: Voted

Edited by PowerWarrior

My initial feeling is that it is not a good idea, radu. I think it will make the main EL game less enjoyable as many if not all of the pk'rs will go to the new server and we will become an alch/pot/eng/craft server, no fun in that.

My initial feeling is that it is not a good idea, radu. I think it will make the main EL game less enjoyable as many if not all of the pk'rs will go to the new server and we will become an alch/pot/eng/craft server, no fun in that.

I disagree.

If the hardcore PKers go on the PK server, the main server will have a lot of 'n00b' PKers that will take their place, since they won't risk getting killed by the Pr0s (or, at least, the risk will be much smaller).

PK in main server is dead. Only difference it will make is people will train less in main server. I dont think it will make a huge difference because i doubt those in top 200 will just forget about there characters on the main server and they are the main consumers.

Instead of a separate PK server, how about a monthly fee to be completely PKable on the main server? That way PKers can fight whenever and wherever they choose but only other such PKers. They could have their name tags in a special color for this. IP would still be off-limits also. They would have access to any resources and equipment they needed and non-PKers would still be safe from them.

I was just thinking. Would it be possible to put a buy npc and a sell npc on IP on pk server? Because i know if i were to lvl the skills i have on Rider then i would risk getting pked alot. So if there was a npc that would buy and sell armor/essence/potions/rings/stones/ores/minerals/clothes for market price then it would be alot more appealing. That way you dont always have to worry about the 1 potioner or the 1 manuer not haveing what you want to buy. Because it would take like a month just to get the hydro bars for titanium plate torso because you weould get pked making iron/steel mars then the fe, then the hydro runs. Then that in turn would make the item more rare raising the price to like 90-100k or something. Just what i see happening, maybe it wont idk its just a suggestion.

Instead of a separate PK server, how about a monthly fee to be completely PKable on the main server? That way PKers can fight whenever and wherever they choose but only other such PKers. They could have their name tags in a special color for this. IP would still be off-limits also. They would have access to any resources and equipment they needed and non-PKers would still be safe from them.

They wouldn't do that even if I PAID them to do it.

Uhh i was thinking... maybe it should be c3... but as soon as u go onto 'c3' your character starts at 1/1 a/d and all ur other skills at 1... of course after you get more levels up and u leave the continent and come back, they will still be there. Also, maybe 'c3' dosnt become pk for you until a certain level? like you can go anywhere and not be pked until 20/20 a/d?

C3 should be somewhat difficult for a noob to get to, so that atleast you have some experience with the game before you start pking.

-KiLL

Edited by Kill

The more i read about it the more interesting it sounds.

I would consider spending $5 to play on this server if my wife didnt think i was being a nerd lol

But honestly , PK is not dead, far from it , only the other day a few members of TinT went mining hydro ore and one of us got killed by a big scary Pker wielding a big scary sword , the Pker was wearing a COL, a NMT cloak, and full steel set if i remember rightly :P

Thats alot of GC in equipment he was wearing, so he obviously wasnt a '' pennyless poor fighter '' for us all to feel sorry for either.

Pk isnt dead, but one harvester wearing augmented leather and a pick axe was. :D

Blargh, Pking is alive and well, I saw it last night with my own eyes ...

One last thing, why should thier be any differance in drops / chance of loosing items or actually any differance in the Pk server ? Thats like saying yes I want an ice cream but I would prefer it if it wasnt so cold.

like the idea, just dont like the cheaper rosts...

maybe items can go back to being invincible, and no rosts at all? or atleast much more expensive.

people arent exactly going to be mass producing anything anyway so there wont be too many items going around.

that way we can have FUN of stealing peoples things, and not just getting pk points..

By the way, I imagined a problem that has to be changed:

High level armors/weapons are sold by NPC. That means price of serp (which has nice price at blacksmith :P ) will never go high when you can buy cutlass for 40k, same with cheap Titanium Plates from NPC. I can imagine how high efe prices will be, maybe even higher than 20k :D

Yes, I would be interested in playing - and yes, I would pay the fee. Great idea Ent!

Even though I normally don't PK on the main server, I would try out the PK server.

EDIT - Since it is a PK server, and the the economy won't be such a large factor I think it might be fun to have unlimited gc and everyone has the same stats. That way everyone can have the same amount of fun all the time, and can just focus on PK skills. I see shortage of money, and the fear of losing armors/rosto, as the main factor for PKers not PKing as much as they would like on the main server. Just a crazy thought. :D

Edited by Hydro

Nice ideea. I would try it out!

Troger

edit:

just one quick question. I dont have paypal, so i would use a gc>>$$ conversion, it is a way to use this conversion in this case?

Edited by Troger

3. The a/d skill will be capped to level 100
Ent, i hope it doesnt annoy you that i'm posting in relation to my suggestion here, but if your setting a 100 a/d limit, wouldn't implementing a 100 a/d arena on the main server and seeing how many people use it be a good test?

It's my opinion that as long as the suggested arena is in a good location, it would increase the daily PK fights in EL two-fold, at least.

From what i can see you really want more people PK'ing, and implementing that arena is a lot less effort than setting up the PK server or the alternative PK system for the main server.

Anyways, sorry if this is considered off-topic, or if there's some point other than trying to liven up PK that i've missed.

If you really dont like this post here, just delete it please.