Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK server

Edit: If Ent does create a PK server IMO he should go the whole way and REMOVE rostos from it, kind of defeats the object if rostos are cheaper and more abundant (since the major gripe of pkers is no drops )

I don't see it as problem, but I am sure there will be people who want drops but not losses.

Perhaps rostogols could have 25% chance to fail. If they were cheap, that would be only logical. After all, people won't be carrying lots of expensive stuff around.

I'm completely with Chryzopraz on this one. I'd probably give it a try, although I'm not a PKer on this server and probably wouldn't be on the PK server either (that is, not actively ;)). I'd like to see how developing a mixing char would work out that way though. Maybe it wouldn't work at all, well then $5 isn't a huge loss and I still have the current server.

I wouldn't move there though, would still be on this server too. So I can't really foresee how well I'd be able to develop a char there, considering how little I manage to level alts here.

But yes, I most probably would try and see.

Edit: If Ent does create a PK server IMO he should go the whole way and REMOVE rostos from it, kind of defeats the object if rostos are cheaper and more abundant (since the major gripe of pkers is no drops ).

I dont think theres any harm in trying .. and maybe Ent should have a free one months trial to see how things pan out.

One of the reasons for this new server is so that we can make some mula. Since we won't sell anything else but rostogol stones, removing them would leave us with no reason for such a server.

The idea is that, while they will be much cheaper than on the main server, they will be far more used as well, which means we can get better bricks for our castle :P

Edit: If Ent does create a PK server IMO he should go the whole way and REMOVE rostos from it, kind of defeats the object if rostos are cheaper and more abundant (since the major gripe of pkers is no drops ).

I dont think theres any harm in trying .. and maybe Ent should have a free one months trial to see how things pan out.

One of the reasons for this new server is so that we can make some mula. Since we won't sell anything else but rostogol stones, removing them would leave us with no reason for such a server.

The idea is that, while they will be much cheaper than on the main server, they will be far more used as well, which means we can get better bricks for our castle :)

good point :P cant argue with your logic or honesty :D

A very interesting and excellent idea, I would certainly try it out.

The following also sprung to mind, without the extra server, don’t know if its possible, I am just day dreaming…what about having up to 3 maps on C2 ( including their caves, insides, storages etc ) on the main server be PK- able for a day/week/month(?) (until a fee has been paid), these maps are randomly chosen. After this period again up to 3 maps are randomly chosen. I am suggesting only C2 maps to prevent accidents to the very new ones, although…

There could be a warning when logged in, or there could be stones/spells/etc or npc’s which could tell you (for a fee of course) which maps are currently unsafe. The period on how long these currently unsafe maps are unsafe is decided on a payment to a npc till a certain amount has been reached ( the guards have returned, peace has been restored etc ). That way the people who would like these maps to be safe will donate to restore peace and it will add a another nice dimension to the game while they are not.

Regarding the Rostogols perhaps also a cheaper version ( a black Rostogol? from store only ofcourse ) where you would keep your belongings on you except the gold coins you are currently carrying for those who would like to travel/harvest/mix in some peace of mind in those maps?

Just my thoughts, and yes I give big thumbs up too for the separate server.

A very interesting and excellent idea, I would certainly try it out.

The following also sprung to mind, without the extra server, don’t know if its possible, I am just day dreaming…what about having up to 3 maps on C2 ( including their caves, insides, storages etc ) on the main server be PK- able for a day/week/month(?) (until a fee has been paid), these maps are randomly chosen. After this period again up to 3 maps are randomly chosen. I am suggesting only C2 maps to prevent accidents to the very new ones, although…

There could be a warning when logged in, or there could be stones/spells/etc or npc’s which could tell you (for a fee of course) which maps are currently unsafe. The period on how long these currently unsafe maps are unsafe is decided on a payment to a npc till a certain amount has been reached ( the guards have returned, peace has been restored etc ). That way the people who would like these maps to be safe will donate to restore peace and it will add a another nice dimension to the game while they are not.

Regarding the Rostogols perhaps also a cheaper version ( a black Rostogol? from store only ofcourse ) where you would keep your belongings on you except the gold coins you are currently carrying for those who would like to travel/harvest/mix in some peace of mind in those maps?

Just my thoughts, and yes I give big thumbs up too for the separate server.

New server is way better, we would finally get storage/level wipes, which have been needed for a long time. I think that is also between the suggestion.

yeah a second server sounds cool, me and my bro smooms always where thinking a second server would be cool, even rogue said back in the days he wanted to make this sort of server

but i think it need to be tweaked alot, we dont need all the maps, this way players will spreat out to much and there will be less action

just 5 maps or something would be fine, lots of monsters on one map to train on, and increase of gold/drops...why not?

like IP,VOTD,KF,SKF,underworld

votd only safe zone, u could spawn there maby instead of IP

just one storage, lots of npcs that sell rings/potions etc etc, since no one will be able to make them (no other skills except for a capped 100a/d magic 60 ? and OA cap on 130 or something

buy weapons/armors from NPC for ridicilous high price, you can get better armors/weapons from monster drops tho

and make a few other small safe areas with guards on the other maps for training purpose

this is how i would think it will be cool

i will defintly start playing again if the server will be fun for me

Edited by scarr

i love this idea overall and i will defnitely buy a couple of characters if/when the server's ready.

could you possibly make it so you cant get nexus removal stones, or you cant buy hydro nexuses? i think the overall level cap would be spoilt otherwise. also someone mentioned neg perks.. certainly remove antisocial and harvester of sorrow since we will all have alts anyway.

what will the strongest monster we can kill be, with the max stats? will yetis be impossible unless in teams? i like that idea :D

this is a real adventure - i always imagined what it would be like to start this game where everyone is a noob, and many high level items simply are not available on market. imagine the demand for mm capes when no one can kill ogres yet. how many will take the perk despite the level cap? :evilgrin:

EDIT - sorry i wrongly assumed there was an oa cap... well can you think about introducing one please? a/d is not the main issue with high powered coord players out there. (do some pay other players USD for their in game items? this spoils the fun)

it should be that the one with clever tactics can win the fight

Edited by extrapolation

Sounds fun. I agree with scarr that we don't need so many maps.

I hope that we will be able to harvest silver at least without being pked.

The only suggestion i would like to do is that we shouldn't need pps for nexuses.

Plz make skills like manu,crafting etc oa based.

Otherwise a manuer or a crafter will be weak again.

Otherwise a manuer or a crafter will be weak again.

Not actually. They are needed by everybody, so they will get good profit and protection if needed.

I like the idea, I woud definetly think of playing this server. With the appropriate tweaking (No. of maps etc.) I think it can really work :evilgrin:

Edited by evilmangopie

I don't understand why the nr. of maps should be decreased. Actually it would be nice to go harvest in a far away spot so you are safe instead of all harvesting in mm cave because it is closest.

I don't understand why the nr. of maps should be decreased. Actually it would be nice to go harvest in a far away spot so you are safe instead of all harvesting in mm cave because it is closest.

The ones wanting to decrease the number only think how they want to pk. They don't realize it might be hard without levels, equipment or essences :evilgrin:

I accept the idea like Entropy suggested it.

Edited by ville-v

it wont be a pk server if there are way to much maps

there are already not enough fights on main server and it has more players, go figure

also no other skills as summon/attack/def/magic/oa should be made

so getting armors is harder, you cant just buy the best stuff from the market, people will get them from drops or npc, way cooler..this will motivate people to train more

so if you see someone with a titanium armor, you be like wow he must of killed lots of fluffys for that

also decrease the drop rate of players imo, to much drops isnt that good since u can get pked over and over

Edited by scarr

It would be a good idea.. It might bring some old school pk'ing back to life. when people run around with serps and leather :P It would make things quite interesting :).

Just a small idea. What if we made the monsters drop some decent armor? like iron or so. Then people could train and get the armors they need to pk :P

but i think it need to be tweaked alot, we dont need all the maps, this way players will spreat out to much and there will be less action

just 5 maps or something would be fine, lots of monsters on one map to train on, and increase of gold/drops...why not?

like IP,VOTD,KF,SKF,underworld

The idea of few maps I generally agree with, but SO few I disagree... you want to give room to expand the player base and have a variety of monsters to provide training up to 100 a/d, ignoring maps without large amounts of spiders/goblins/bears etc so a few people at a time can train would lead to a lot of frustration.

I think this idea would be a brilliant way to revive PK and generally I think the original idea how it stood is better than any suggestions given other than that to reduce the number of maps (but not by the magnitude which scarr suggests e.g. C1 only).

Maybe using rostogols (considered by many to be the reason pk has died) as the only resource from the shop is a mistake (i.e. maybe remove from game), but I never played EL before rostogols so someone elses view here would be better.

EG

It wasn't just rosts as such that ruined PK, it was many factors such as that a few people became *so* much stronger than everyone else (level limit really was needed much earlier, 100-120 or so), and the community that revolved around PK left.

We always used to spend hours in KF chatting, fighting, pvp, whatever, just having fun. Everyone was also around the same strength. I mean, sure, some were stronger, but they could still be brought down by numbers. These days people have such silly p/c a/d that you need to use all the new items.

PK was better and more fun when it was simpler, you whacked on your tit plate/leathers, grabbed lots of dis/sr/he and went to fight until you died. The lack of cooldown on dis also meant there was a completely different angle on strategy than there is there days, you would need to be able to dis at the right time, catch other people's dis etc.

These days fights are also often about endurance, who has more EMU can generally last longer and therefore make their opponent dis/die. Back when SRs were not stackable everyone had generally the same amount of survivability. The addition of Helm's of Life meant that people had bigger HP, could last longer due to fewer restore and could also normally manage to dis and get out before they died. When people had less HP it took only 4-5 hits to kill someone if they didn't restore, which meant if you timed if wrong and ran out of SR's you were pretty much buggered.

All these things meant PK was more fun, a place to go and relax, dieing didn't matter so much, what you dropped was stuff you had got off other people and wasn't worth much anyway. The people you died to were generally your friends, at the very least enemies you loved to hate.

Edited by Deified

We always used to spend hours in KF chatting, fighting, pvp, whatever, just having fun.

:P Wasn't it a great time? Meh.

Considering the other thread concerning PKing there's a really small change that anything is going to change, though. I'm not sure what's a success chance for strictly PK server:/