Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK server

I was thinking lately to make a PK server, for the players that like PKing more than they like the other skills.

However, I would like to know first if people are actually interested in such a server first.

So here are some of the differences between the standard server and the PK one (everything not described here will be the same) :

1. All the maps but IP and the underworlds will be PK.

2. The cities in the maps will be safe zones.

3. The a/d skill will be capped to level 100

4. The rostogol stones will be less rare, and their price from the shop will be lower (1 USD each)

5. There will be far less moderation, and there will be no rules against multiplaying (however, see next point)

6. There will be a fee to be able to create a character on the PK server. Something like 5 USD per character, unlimited play.

7. The only thing available from the shop for that server will be the rostogol stones. No swords, EFEs, etc.

8. The updates for that server will be more rare than on the main server. That means that if we have 3 updates for the main server, there will be only one update for the PK server, although that update will contain all the 3 updates combined.

9. You will NOT be able to transfer characters between servers!

That's about it. If you have questions not already answered, or suggestions, let me know.

Also, let me know if you would be interested in such a server, and if you'll pay the fee.

AWESOME IDEA!!! :P I dont even Pk, but i think being able to kill anyone anywhere would rule if i did.

So here are some of the differences between the standard server and the PK one (everything not described here will be the same) :

Edit: sounds clear no?

Troger

Edited by Troger

I prefer another tack, where, the normal server is both, for example...... you first of all have a choice to be PK or not, #pk or some other command (your name tag turns red or something to show you are), second, if you attack a PK person or are involved someway with them, I dont know, urmmm multi-kill a animal, you are auto pk, unless you turn it off, with #pk (or other command) and then it takes 5 minutes to 'cooldown' and turn off.

LG

sounds great, but what will cooldown be? Regular or none? :P

I don't know, but probably half of what it is now, depending on the item type.

I prefer another tack, where, the normal server is both, for example...... you first of all have a choice to be PK or not, #pk or some other command (your name tag turns red or something to show you are), second, if you attack a PK person or are involved someway with them, I dont know, urmmm multi-kill a animal, you are auto pk, unless you turn it off, with #pk (or other command) and then it takes 5 minutes to 'cooldown' and turn off.

LG

That would not work, because no one would use it.

We have something like that already in the game, the guild enemy thingy, and people ony used that to exploit the system and get magic exp at storage.

I don't like the idea of having sharded servers.

Edit: With the exception of the test server.

Edited by Nintenduh

But it could work, I played WoW in between this char and my previous and they always used it, if you were pk people would attack you, if you attacked a pk person you turn pk and people attacked you. But maybe people in EL have a different mindset. It even got to the stage whereas you were pk and you protected your village, that would increase the gaming at least in the roleplay sense.

Guest ohmygod

I would pay/play there. How long till you expect to get it up and running?

Starting to get bored to train on this server for nothing but fun of being able to kill dragons.

Edited by ohmygod

I'm a peacenik and would love to try it!! :)

Do we all begin on PK server as Newbies, or just get transferred as we are once? I'd like the Newbie version, just so I can backstab TooMass while he's picking pansies! :P

(now I have to crack my landlords PayPal account for the $5..... ahem, just thinking out loud.... :happy: )

I don't like the idea of having shared servers either to be honest and I'm afraid some problems will occure if there would be such a server. like the ones who start first will get a/d 100 soon and everyone else trying to level up will get pked so the server is ruled by 2 or more strong players...

or there should come spawns in houses wich are safe :P

I kinda like the idea too but starting all over again? *shivers*

I agree. I do like the idea. But wouldn't it pull pkers from the already low supply on the "real" server?

I do like the idea, but just hate to see the 'original' els main server pk completely die.

sounds great, but what will cooldown be? Regular or none? :)

I don't know, but probably half of what it is now, depending on the item type.

LG

That would not work, because no one would use it.We have something like that already in the game, the guild enemy thingy, and people ony used that to exploit the system and get magic exp at storage.

i think the only reason people wouldnt use it is because they are easy fodder for the top pkers if theytook it, would only work if the system was like arena's.. " you cannot attack people more than 10 a/d below you but lowers can attack highers " . then it saves the same one or two players dominating

or maybe have a special PK CHARACTER class on the main server ( for a fee): All characters start at a set A/D lets say 100 ( and it can not increase) and with a set amount of pp to spend as they wish , lets say 100 again (which also can not be increased).. and these characters are red tagged from day one , but can only attack or be attacked by other red tagged players..

having everyone start with the same a/d and pp to spend makes it more of an even playing field and hopefully more fun

my 2 cents :P

Edited by conavar

I'd probably still try it though, see how it goes... it's only 5 dollar lol :)

just hope that people realise there will be problems like I mentioned earlier.

<edit>

Just came with a question... will there be other skills too? or just a/d magic and oa? because more skills will mean some people wil get more oa levels :P just curious :happy:

Edited by -Nostalg

I agree. I do like the idea. But wouldn't it pull pkers from the already low supply on the "real" server?

I do like the idea, but just hate to see the 'original' els main server pk completely die.

Actually, it can be just the opposite. If enough high level PKers decide to spend more time on the PK server than on the normal server, there will be more room for PKing on the main server as well.

will the other skills at least exist? with only rosts from the USD shop someone has to manu, potion and alch supplies

im also more for integrating this into the main server with red tags, but however its done its a good idea

edit - actually i think it would be great fun trying to level up in stuff like alchemy (necessary - SOMEONE has to make supplies if its a seperate server) while people PK you while youre harvesting

on the other hand the game could be no fun at all - after a few players have got a fair distance above others, they just harvest all the n00bs who dont have a chance... no one but themselves will get anywhere.

will be a very interesting experiment in any case... ill take part :P if it falls thorugh ill be happy to go back to main anyway

Edited by extrapolation

Sounds great, but what about the use of summons and engineering skill? (engineering is more pk-related afaik). Both will also available on pk server too or only with modifications/exceptions?

Sounds cool, but I doubt I will be playing there. I'm not spending much time on EL atm, and leveling a new char would definitely require some.

Also, EL player base is not very big, and splitting it into two pieces might be somehow harmful.

I actually liked the idea of Linuxgirlie a lot. And it's true there is already such a system in EL but I think the problem with that 1 is that it's per guild... always some people in a guild who don't wanna get pked by others all the time. so if it's per person you can make your own decision if you want to be pkable or not :P

Can't.

Don't have paypal

I see a problem on this server.

If all fighters go to the new server, who will buy what other skills sell.

It's already hard to sell anything here.

Why not make it like the test server but update from this once a month.

Make all maps pk.

And then remove rostos.

Would make people stock up with srs, ess and armor for the next month on the pk server and make other skills able to sell here.

Edited by Zamirah

Starting to get bored to train on this server for nothing but fun of being able to kill dragons.

Send Entropy $1000 now and I'm sure he'll get it setup right away without waiting to everyones input.

Send Entropy $1000 now and I'm sure he'll get it setup right away without waiting to everyones input.

You run the "Donate to Entropy's castle"-fund? :P

-Blee

Actually, it can be just the opposite. If enough high level PKers decide to spend more time on the PK server than on the normal server, there will be more room for PKing on the main server as well.

Why not a PK continent or planet? Pay like 200gc or so to go there. You can tp or beam back.

Who will go to PK maps on the "original server" when they could go to the PK one?