Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK server

would suck if you accidently attack a trade bot :)

All trade bots there could have the shape of a black dragon, so you would think twice what you do :icon13:

And you still need ppl there to fill up the trade bots.

(scarr/bkc56 *wink*)

Piper

Not even 100 people decided to go on the PK server, out of 3K+ active players.

That's like 3% or less.

Don't forget a large portion of people ingame don't even know there are forums that this sort of thing is being discussed on (not to mention there are pages on the website other than the Download and Main page....)

Meanwhile there are newbies in full armor running around saying "I want to pwn u right here!!1!" They'd make great fodder for a PK server! :icon13:

I'm totally for this idea. I'll definitly come back and sign up for this server if/when its implemented!

~1st

Don't forget a large portion of people ingame don't even know there are forums that this sort of thing is being discussed on (not to mention there are pages on the website other than the Download and Main page....)

Meanwhile there are newbies in full armor running around saying "I want to pwn u right here!!1!" They'd make great fodder for a PK server! :pickaxe:

If they don't know about the forums, I am sure they won't know about the PK server either, yes?

If they don't know about the forums, I am sure they won't know about the PK server either, yes?

For standard 2 accounts( 1 for pk and 2nd for afk harvest and making easy gc) u need only 10$, so 40k gc if u pay to some $$$ player for it.

Its not a problem to make such amount of gc for low lvl player in 1-2 days( blue lupine bush;p), so the only problem is to let them know if pk server is some fun or not.

After its introduced and several ppl play on it, they can advertise it on normal server to their friends and explain them how does it work( i know many ppl who dont have forum account or made it only for whitelisting their character, they dont know english and still got high lvls, some of them r over 130 , accounts made from scratch :pickaxe: ).

If pk server will be fun more ppl will play there than on current server :icon13:

Many ppl dont want to leave their nice well-trained accounts but for me ur strong only comparing to other players, characters strenght is only a measure to have fun, not fun itself.

<edit> And im very glad there wont be any expensive items at the beginning and i will try to prevent them from being made by killing mixers/harvesters :icon13: , every1 who PK knows how much impact all new items had on pking.( n00bs with bough accounts and expensive items spoiling fun of other players).

If there is no col/enchanted armors/weapons no1 can use them, even if some1 buys 2k of rostos and sells them for gc he still will need to use same gear like ppl who didnt , which means he will die a lot and lose those rostos if he isnt smart/skilled enough.

( i also hope for reduced cooldown on srs and diss rings on pk server)

Sorry for the long post :icon13:

mp

Edited by masterpiter

And im very glad there wont be any expensive items at the beginning and i will try to prevent them from being made by killing mixers/harvesters :icon13:

( i also hope for reduced cooldown on srs and diss rings on pk server)

Don't forget, that someone has to make those diss rings and SRS.

If you let someone do only diss rings for you, he'll eventually level to make COLs too.

Disclaimer. What's written below is a joke. I know MP quite well and I know that he is a honest and honorable person.

Oh wait. You want to monopolize the scene. To be the ONLY one with COL! :pickaxe:

Hehe, we all know MP plays 24/7 but fortunately you can't be everywhere :icon13:

Regards

Chryzopraz

Edited by Chryzopraz

Oh wait. You want to monopolize the scene. To be the ONLY one with COL! :pickaxe:

Chryz, ur my friend so i have no idea why u can talk such a bullshit about me, i thought u know me little better.

For many months after col was introduced to el i didnt buy it and i fought vs ppl with cols w/o using col myself.

Hehe, we all know MP plays 24/7 but fortunately you can't be everywhere :icon13:

And MP doesnt play 24/7, u got me in buddy list so u should know when i play and when not, also divide the time im online by 2 coz i afk sometimes too :icon13:

Lol i though i know u, and now such thing like this, and ppl wonder why i dont trust others and pk them even if i know them for a long time :icon13:

mp

I don't want to play on the new PK server where it is going to be overruned by people who play 15+ hours a day. Thats all I originally wanted to say, but I got offtopic.

Don't forget what we are going to get. Cap for a/d. No matter if you play 180 or 18 hours a week, you will eventually hit it and be as strong as they will. Well, nearly as strong, but shouldn't there be some benefits for spending more time in game? :pickaxe:

Meanwhile there are newbies in full armor running around saying "I want to pwn u right here!!1!" They'd make great fodder for a PK server! :pickaxe:

I should have clarified: I promote the forums in game chats whenever it's appropriate to do so. Also the PK server idea, again when it fits into a chat.

It does seem like plenty of players don't want to bother with the reading, and want the forum 'headlines' dished out in game. Even so, there are a lot of eager sword wielders on Seridia who have a need to pwn whoever they meet!

I love the idea... pity i voted no for it before reading this thread :omg: (thought your char will just be transfered to the PK server)

I hope it will reach 100 votes soon... It will be great to start off at the same level at the same time as every1 else.

And personally i think it will be good if the population of EL was devided... then i won't have to see people moan about PK-increasing idea's in channels anymore, and be with the people who want to PK. :)

I love the idea... pity i voted no for it before reading this thread :omg: (thought your char will just be transfered to the PK server)

I hope it will reach 100 votes soon... It will be great to start off at the same level at the same time as every1 else.

And personally i think it will be good if the population of EL was devided... then i won't have to see people moan about PK-increasing idea's in channels anymore, and be with the people who want to PK. :)

Np, I voted yes, but I will not go there.

I would not be able to harv afk as I do here, so too much time wasted, looking at a harvester with diss/tele ring ready.

I spend 16 hours/day online, but at least half of the time afk.

So would have to log off and on each time I let the cat out :omg:

Or do other RL things,

And it look like a lot harvesting will be needed to get gc.

That rostos are cheap in EL shop don't help me a lot.

I don't have paypal, so will need to harvest to get gc for rostos.

So I would like to change my vote.

I think the alternative PKing system would be better.

After all, it's only a month.

Edited by Zamirah

Chryz, ur my friend so i have no idea why u can talk such a bullshit about me, i thought u know me little better.

For many months after col was introduced to el i didnt buy it and i fought vs ppl with cols w/o using col myself.

Lol i though i know u, and now such thing like this, and ppl wonder why i dont trust others and pk them even if i know them for a long time :)

I'm really sorry if you felt offended. I was pretty sure that everyone will see from a mile that this is a joke.

That's why I used those emoticons. There's no need to use them when you are serious.

I have added a disclaimer to my previous post. I hope that nobody will take that seriously now.

Regards

Chryzopraz

Edited by Chryzopraz

What i think pk server will be :

No one will train above fluffy (no need :omg: )

No top pressure/slavery (the lovely 100 cap rocks!)

Manu and crafters are not welcome and will be #1 target for old school pkers (sorry guys :omg: )

Lots of pk action

more flames and less moderation hopefully :)

Iron set and normal serp will be king

No single player will be uber superior to the others

More evil players

All of this for just 5$ :)

So many people are selecting No on the poll. It is because you dont like the idea or just dont have a method of paying the money. Well for those who dont have a way of paying the $5 i tell you how.

1. Create Paypal Account (Doesnt require credit card unless you want it verified) <--- Ask Parent Or Guardian To Create If Underage

2. Create a new hotmail/yahoo email

3. Sign up to survey for money websites using the new email. As many as you can and always read and make sure they pay using paypal.

4. Complete surveys when you get them

5. You should have enough money to play within 1 week or so depending on which websites you sign upto.

I post this because many people dont like to use there credit card/bank details on the internet so they cant buy anything from the internet.

hmm will we get non pk areas aswel?

and pls more monster spawns since u can cap a/d anyways ;*D;*D

Edited by scarr

Manu and crafters are not welcome and will be #1 target for old school pkers (sorry guys :) )

You and MP have both said that suppliers will be a prime target. I'm curious, just who is going to provide you with HEs, SRs, Armor, Weapons (even low-level ones), etc. if you keep killing the suppliers?

[Clearly I'm assuming that PKers will not want to "waste" PPs on the nexus needed to harvest and make stuff at the expense of P/C/etc. Nor would they want to take away from training time to work on leveling other skills.]

I'd think the PKers on the server would be tripping over each other trying to establish a good relationship with the suppliers so that they get first access to consumables and gear to give them the advantage over others who can't get the supplies.

My son (who's played some EL but mostly plays WoW) and I were talking about this today. We discussed the idea that all the suppliers could band together and form a guild. Any person PKing a guild member is black-listed and is no longer able to purchase any supplies. Any suppliers not in the guild might even get PKed by the guild (to remove any alternative sources of supplies). A supply monopoly is formed and suddenly the PKers are dependent for their survival on the guild (or forced to buy at NPC prices). It could make for some very interesting economics and political relationships.

Of course for those with lots of time to play, the removal of the multiplaying rules might invalidate all of the above (PKers can train and protect their own private supplier). But that will be a huge time investment to level two (or more) chars up to the required levels.

Should the server go on-line, I think it'll be worth the $5 to me just to be part of the experiment (on the supply side). It'll be interesting to see if I become everyone's target, or everyone's new "best friend".

Manu and crafters are not welcome and will be #1 target for old school pkers (sorry guys :) )

You and MP have both said that suppliers will be a prime target. I'm curious, just who is going to provide you with HEs, SRs, Armor, Weapons (even low-level ones), etc. if you keep killing the suppliers?

[Clearly I'm assuming that PKers will not want to "waste" PPs on the nexus needed to harvest and make stuff at the expense of P/C/etc. Nor would they want to take away from training time to work on leveling other skills.]

I'd think the PKers on the server would be tripping over each other trying to establish a good relationship with the suppliers so that they get first access to consumables and gear to give them the advantage over others who can't get the supplies.

My son (who's played some EL but mostly plays WoW) and I were talking about this today. We discussed the idea that all the suppliers could band together and form a guild. Any person PKing a guild member is black-listed and is no longer able to purchase any supplies. Any suppliers not in the guild might even get PKed by the guild (to remove any alternative sources of supplies). A supply monopoly is formed and suddenly the PKers are dependent for their survival on the guild (or forced to buy at NPC prices). It could make for some very interesting economics and political relationships.

Of course for those with lots of time to play, the removal of the multiplaying rules might invalidate all of the above (PKers can train and protect their own private supplier). But that will be a huge time investment to level two (or more) chars up to the required levels.

Should the server go on-line, I think it'll be worth the $5 to me just to be part of the experiment (on the supply side). It'll be interesting to see if I become everyone's target, or everyone's new "best friend".

lol... no rules against multiplaying ;) just use the 2nd char to make he/sr/armours.

Although if i can kill you for weapons/armour i suppose i wont need a 2nd char :D

let npcs sell HE for decent price

increase gold drops

problem solved.

let npcs sell HE for decent price

increase gold drops

problem solved.

increase the NPC price on HEs (and SRs and everything else).

decrease gold drops

problem is made much more interesting...

Personally, I think the economy and interaction will be much more interesting if the PKers are dependent on the suppliers rather than a multi-play environment where it's every person for themselves. I think the later will evolve into a simple economy where those that put in the most hours (with the most alts) will rule the maps. That strikes me as not very fun or interesting.

great idea i think i would play on it i dont pk on the main because im to out classed but on a pk server i think i wold be able to compete. Cool idea

We discussed the idea that all the suppliers could band together and form a guild. Any person PKing a guild member is black-listed and is no longer able to purchase any supplies. Any suppliers not in the guild might even get PKed by the guild (to remove any alternative sources of supplies). A supply monopoly is formed and suddenly the PKers are dependent for their survival on the guild (or forced to buy at NPC prices). It could make for some very interesting economics and political relationships.

Well, there is also the possibility of just PKing those in the guild and steal their items :)

Or ask for protection fees, etc.

Either way, there will be a lot of new strategies in the game, and a lot more social interaction.