Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK server

so, when you mean that every1s a/d will be capped at 100 you mean, that you wont be able to level your a/d past 100?

and will you have to start a new char or when you join the pk server you will have the char that you would usually have on the regular w/ all their items etc.

and will people that are banned be able to play on it? i assume not but jw

Edited by StaTic

Capped means that you wont be able to get levels beyond that number. From what has been aid, everyone will start anew and we will all be at a level playing field

Banned people will be allowed to play there, if they pay the fee, as everyone else.

If they break the rules (which will be fewer), they will be banned and lose their money.

I don't think the PK server is meant for players new to EL.

You should get familiar to the game first to be able to play on PK server.

Regards

Chryzopraz

True, but I know a couple of people in RL that tried EL and it was not exciting enough for them so they left. I mentioned a PK server to them today and they are ready to give it a shot. They liked the ideas as Entropy originally laid them out. I think that PK server is going to draw a larger and different crowd to EL then the current game does. Sure new players might start on the regular server to get the hang of the game, but then migrate over to the PK server for the excitement.

*sigh* arena is nothing like the server would be, unless you wanna put some harvestable's in the arena / spawns / npc's
the point is to try and liven up PK without having to go to the lengths proposed here.
i don't see how an arena would liven up pk + get some strategy's going
People who are between 90-120 a/d are dedicated and experienced fighters in EL, they want to fight, but it's a bit pointless when even 5 of them working as a team get wiped away by the first yeti trainer they see. Did u actually read the thread in suggestions?

besides DP arena has a lvl cap, how much people go there?
A hell of a lot more people go there than to KF/TD.

if an arena with cap in the game was such a great idea, the place would be packed most of the times.
See previous two responses.

If you wanna discuss the arena more, Hardcore, please make your posts in the thread for it in suggestions.

right, so we will be forced to attack a certain amount of people instead of everyone from every lvl.

why increase pk a little bit more by adding more arena's while you can liven it up tremendously by making all maps pk except for towns.

Edit: still arena's don't get more social activity + strategy's going

Edited by Hardcore

I don't think a third server will take too much focus away from the original game. In channel chat, it seems there is a balanced number of people who dislike PK compared to those who do, and all different levels, types, and strategies abound. A PK server will probably turn into a completely different game altogether, and still be a part of EL (also a good place to recommend to those obnoxious Noobs who just want to kill people :happy: .)

I my case, PK server will be truly different for me, and my approach to it will fulfill a very old fantasy going back to my Hide-and-Seek days.... but I shall reveal none of my rad tactics! Chances are, I'll be trampled under the mayhem, and spending all my time hence on the #1 server for the duration!

All in all, a PK server seems like a winning idea for a lot of current players and may attract more people from elsewhere who want a game more fighty than harvesty.

3. The a/d skill will be capped to level 100

Finally :omg:

I'll play again if this happen ^^

Same, I would throw my char away, which I worked on for some years, to have a a/d cap. I cant wait for a pk server, finnaly harving/mixing and all skills will be REAL skills, instead of who has the most time to click. Training all skills will be dangerous.

Wanna be 3/3 again :D , together with everyone else.

yeah but do we realy need any skill beside a/d/m/s ? i hope not, will make economy wayy more intresting

yeah but do we realy need any skill beside a/d/m/s ? i hope not, will make economy wayy more intresting

Without the other skills, there will be less strategy. No more waiting to ambush the harvesters, no need to protect people while they do their other skills, etc.

Without the other skills, there will be less strategy. No more waiting to ambush the harvesters, no need to protect people while they do their other skills, etc.

I hate waiting :)

I hope pk server will be like 90% of fighting/killing and 10% of waiting, and not the other way :)

As much as i would like to have other skills than combat on pk server im afraid it might effect with less time fighting and more time wandering and looking for some1 to attack.

From experience on the main server i can say its not fun :) (today i was like 5hours on pk maps( td, kf, hulda, nc arena and nc pk cave), killed 1 ant that gave me power saving cape, and 2 players, one of them gave me pk points).

mp

Waiting is part of the fun :)

Fishing, hunting, etc. require a lot of waiting, but the results can be very good.

However, on the PK server, there will be waiting combined with thinking, coordination with other players, hiding in the shadow at night, and so on.

yeh, but tell me, why would harvesters come play on a pk server? i wouldnt if i where one

yeh, but tell me, why would harvesters come play on a pk server? i wouldnt if i where one

have you ever thought when you would be able to pk if you had to make your own stuff ??

Thats where harvesters, potters, manu'ers come in.

You have to protect them if you would like better armour, essences, potions etc.. And if you think you can do without..... Well good luck, you will be slaughtered by those who can see the use of all crafters.

And to the question why : Because we would also like a bit of a thrill. and maybe friends (pk'ers) ask us to join them so we can be of use to them so they can focus on getting stronger.

In short, PK isn't only about fighting. its about tactics and common sense as well and make us of the possibilities others can provide.

no increase gold drops from monsters by 100-200% and buy armors from npc, or hope u get rare drops from monsters..wich will be rare again since u cannot make them !!

I don't think it's an issue of what's "wrong" as it is how long it will take people to level up to the point then CAN make stuff. It's going to be a lot harder/slower to level up if you're in constant fear of someone PKing you.

Essence, potions, leather (and perhaps augmented) armor will be available pretty soon. But the high end stuff may never be available from other players given the risk/difficulty in leveling in a PK environment.

It'll be an interesting experiment. I just might spend $5 to create a character and see if the true PKers are more inclined to help me level so that I can be a supplier, or to PK me for a small drop at the cost of a source of equipment and supplies later.

Edited by bkc56

I think there are good points all around, but continue to believe that it will be a major dilution of the main EL community. There is only so much time in the day to play. If the seasoned fighters are on the fighting server, they will not be on main. It may affect the already broken EL economy in even worse ways with far fewer rare drops coming to market, etc. But nothing I say will change what happens in the end. Just food for thought.

I think there are good points all around, but continue to believe that it will be a major dilution of the main EL community. There is only so much time in the day to play. If the seasoned fighters are on the fighting server, they will not be on main. It may affect the already broken EL economy in even worse ways with far fewer rare drops coming to market, etc. But nothing I say will change what happens in the end. Just food for thought.

LOL

Do you even realize what you are saying?

Not even 100 people decided to go on the PK server, out of 3K+ active players.

That's like 3% or less.

As for the EL economy, there are no issues with it at all.

Since I'm not much into PK, I'll make the following offer:

If Entropy allows Trade Bots on the PK server, I will sell my trade bot services for the PK server for $50 for the first year of my service.

Having trade bots there might help make it easier PK players to trade with each other safely.