Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK server

I dont mean to **** on anyones bonfire but ...

It will be total carnage for anyone trying to harvest/manu/mix anything

The PKers are going to be so busy a/d training they arent going to want to manu/mix anything as this would require PP and because they know there is a cap on a/d ( 100 ) its going to be all about PP once they get to that level.

So who is going to be making anything on this server? Who will manu the swords/armor ? Who will bother trying to mine 1k silver ore and 1k mums to make the PKers thier HE if everytime you step out of storage with a pick axe theres someone beating ten shades of **** out of you ?

I think the idea of a PK server apeals to those people who fancy themselves with a sword, its just as a viewpoint from someone who primarily harvests/mixes it wouldnt be much fun for me and i obviously dont speak for everyone, its just my opinion that there would be a distinct lack of manuers/mixers in this new world.

Perhaps an option to be a non attackable mixer might help? or is that defeating the object ?

I dunnoh, maybe i should not have posted at all as i dont even PK :blush:

I think that many of you do not understand the concept of such a server.

The idea is not to PK everyone you see, because by doing so, you get fucked in the long run.

Let us consider two cases:

1. A nice player that doesn't PK newbies, and PKes only enemies that did something to him or his friends.

2. Someone who PKes left and right, with the exception maybe of a few friends.

Now, the way I think it's going to happen, there won't be more than 100 accounts on that server any time soon. From those 100 accounts, maybe 1/4 will be online at a time, so about 25 on average.

There are about 50 big maps in the game (excluding guild maps, inside maps, etc.), which means that there will be less than a player per map (one player will have two maps).

So now, unless you want to PK in a leather suit with a bone or iron sword, you will need to buy your stuff from someone. Either from NPCs (expensive) or from other players that chose to have a more all around character, so that they can make all kind of stuff (weapons, armors, rings, potions, essences, and so on).

In the end, those players will usually not sell to those who PKed them a lot, but they will sell to those who did not PK them.

Things can get even more interesting as the players need protection, and create syndicates, guilds, and so on. Then there will be other players who will try to steal from them, so we'll have ambushes, people wearing the camo cape and waiting at the cave's entrance, and so on.

In the end, the posibilities are endless, and so long as people don't mind losing their items, there would be a lot of fun.

And BTW, the 5 USD fee would not be so that I can get my castle, because with 100 accounts (which I think it's an overestimation), we'd make about 340 USD after the PayPal fees and taxes.

The reason for the fee is to prevent blatant multiplaying, or people coming in just to piss off others (spamming at beam, harassing people, etc.). Like I said, there will be very little moderation on that server.

Imo, I dont like the idea. Pk would most likely die to a death more than it is now on the main server and I'd just give up on pking period. I might would go into another skill. Probably not tho.

The c3 continent sounds much better imo. It would suck for the community to split up on 2 different servers. C3 could have caps and if you did not meet the caps then maybe that continent would lower ur a/d/p/c to the cap until you left?

Imo, I dont like the idea. Pk would most likely die to a death more than it is now on the main server and I'd just give up on pking period. I might would go into another skill. Probably not tho.

The c3 continent sounds much better imo. It would suck for the community to split up on 2 different servers. C3 could have caps and if you did not meet the caps then maybe that continent would lower ur a/d/p/c to the cap until you left?

Even so, why would people go there, when right now the PKing maps are not very populated?

I can just agree with kidberg.. i doubt youll do anything good with that server.. now they all still

say they will go but still some of em may are from different timezones so substract the number

who confront each other, then again some of em might have to do something on the main at some

point.. what i try to say there are too much random factors that are way too hard to calculate.

I really doubt it will work out as you imagine.. and i want to save you that you have to sell some of

the bricks of your castle again..

Someone correct me if i said something wrong -_-

I think its worth a shot. It may even bring back some of those that left El because PK is not what it used to be (so I hear). I dont pk much as it is now, but I would create a couple of characters on this new server. If multi playing is allowed then one for a/d only and the other for mixing etc. I would prefer a C3 all pk and special limitations there, but I also understand that creating a C3 is a lot more then just hosting a new server. So this new server may be the best option. Why not..try it out.

What about bots, can we have them?

Guild maps , will they carry over or will it be a basic EL and any new maps must be added?

And there is nothing wrong with building a castle, everyone expects to get paid for working, we all have to live in RL too. This does not sound like it would help do that too much though :/

ent ppl will go to the c3 if u would make the following : (idea)

no rosto

no cooldown

silver,iron,titanium ore etc etc closer 2 sto

flowers closer 2 flower shop

more spwns

like i said just ideas

~lego

My 2 euro cents for that idea:

It might be interesting, some ppl would like to switch to the pk server, some would like to stay on the current one.

I wont split the community totally, so some things like an intergalactic chat channel would be nice. Even an intergalactic mail service with a more or less huge delay.

Even like an option to transfer stuff from the actual server to the pk server would be nice. Like, you pay for a container to transport a limited amout of stuff from char A on the actual server to char B on the PK server. Of course, that takes some time, maybe a week in real life and costs a good amount of gold coins (money sink, *wink*)

My personal plan is not to start a carreer as a manuer or alchemist on the PK server, but maybe i would like to start a carreer as an intergalactic trader. I make stuff here, on the non PK server, then send it to the PK server, which costs of course some coins and takes some time and sell my pants/torsors/shields/whatever there for good money.

And no, i dont see that having a PK server would make PK completely dead on the original server. Even n00bs can go then PKing on the main server, well, maybe remove the chimmies from KF, so that they have a chance to survive :)

Those who want to PK go to the PK server, those which low levels will stay on the main server.

Those who want do make business on the PK server can go there and create a 2nd account for 5$ there and transfer stuff from the main server to the PK server for a expensive fee. (roleplay: hire guards to protect traders on the PK server).

Ok, thats my thougts. Dont have an isolated PK server, link it somehow with the actual one. Make it expensive to transfer stuff (not accounts, of course), and that might be a very nice impact for the economy. A good money sink and a boost for pk on both servers ;)

Piper

Edit: not only a a/d cap of 100, maybe a cap on p/c might help too.

Edited by The_Piper

I am mostly a manuer/alchemist. Before there was iron in EVTR I mined iron mostly in the NC PK cave. It was fun.

Most of the time fighters left me alone. I was attacked only a few times and died only once or twice (dis ring+tele ;) ). But a few times there were people who voluntarily protected me, even not from my guild! It was really fun to have about half a dozen people fighting so that I could finish mining ore and evacuate from the cave because 2 or 3 of them wanted to kill me.

That's why I would like to try the new server. And become manuer for the fighters. You can easily make friends this way, who will protect you.

Also the idea of possibility to trasfer goods between servers would spoil everything. You'd make swords safely on the main server, sold for big money on the PK server and watch people slaughter themselfs over those swords.

Make the swords while anyone can kill you during the process!

There would be no AFK on such server :)

Regards

Chryzopraz

Nice Idea this would probably make a lot of people that quit and sold chars over pk wish they hadn't xD. sounds like a great idea. And caves pk'able ;) that would be friggin hilarious.

well i dont think spawns would be an issues, the strongest will just kill the weaker and take the spawn. then the stronger will get stronger and the weaker will struggle.. ( unless more maps wernt pk then whats the point of new server)

Edit : looking at a long term view. in 1 to 2 years time , wont the pk server be dominated by just a few players as pk is now ? and then players will stop using it if they cant compete and it will die a slow death, unless you start everyone equal and keep them equal then a newbie in 6 months time wont stand a chance to get into the game

how about having friends to kill the stronger and secure your spawn?

anyway this is an incredible good idea, gonna try it. might even play WoW less to play EL ^^

btw i would suggest removing c2 on the pk server, else looking for someone to pk would be like looking for a needle in a haystack

Edited by Hardcore

Piper, the servers would have no connection-can't, and won't-ever happen.

Ok, i cant talk about the "would" and "wont ever happen" part, but about the technical part.

Its possible, of course.

Just think about the money sink when stuff goes from the non pk server to the pk server for an expensive fee. That might be a money sink, because i doubt that there would be such a big load of alchemists/manuers/crafters/etc. on the PK server which will make and sell stuff there.

Will i start a carreer as a manuer/alchemist/crafter/whatever on the PK server? I highly doubt that. No need to get pked while harvesting stuff.

Roleplaying: Just send your stuff to the PK server and try to sell it. You might to hire some guards to bring that stuff from the post office to your storage/customers. so there is a job. being a guard. or being a robber/pker which tries to kill traders and take their stuff.

Well, just my 2 cents and thumbs up for the pk server!

Piper

This is a great idea. I like it.

What Piper is suggeting is good but I will prefer to keep it separate. No comm with regular world.

Cheaper rosto will greatly help.

Also if a peace stone can be added to provide 5 min of peace will be great.

Yes doing all manu/alch in dangerous env will be fun.

- Darky

The whole idea, as others mentioned, is that on the PK server it will be very hard to make weapons (the risk of harvesting, leveling up, etc.).

Mass production will not likely be an issue either, because it is hard to mass produce items when each harvest run is full of dangers.

So allowing items between one server and another would ruin the very thing I want to do: strategies, alliances, and some detterent from PKing everyone on sight.

I too would like to know about bots and guild maps. Many guild maps have guard bots to protect them. Some guilds even put their guard bots on the test server maps so people can't explore there either.

It would seem to me that all guard bot (and perhaps sales bot) characters should be transferred to this new server (should it get created), probably with a full item wipe. It would then be up to the individuals and guilds if they wanted to host the bots on that server also.

Having your sales bot on the PK server might be added incentive to start a character there and begin to create and sell some goods.

Perfect idea! I am going to pay and play that server right away if it is published.

I'd also like if there were no perks on this server (negative or positive), or there would be non-pickpoint-using way to get them.

Edited by ville-v

I'm actually starting to like the idea now... although I'm still scared for what will happen to the main server. I don't really mind to start over again since everyone else will have to start over again at the pk server... But leaving my char on the main server behind... I don't want that, I put a lot of afford in that char and since the pk server will be much more interesting... why would I bother to use it??? What will happen to the main server?

Well, you can always play on both servers, like soemtimes you are in the mood for PK, sometimes for just playing relaxed.

Or harvest on the main server while PKing on the PK server, etc.

I'm actually starting to like the idea now... although I'm still scared for what will happen to the main server. I don't really mind to start over again since everyone else will have to start over again at the pk server... But leaving my char on the main server behind... I don't want that, I put a lot of afford in that char and since the pk server will be much more interesting... why would I bother to use it??? What will happen to the main server?

Imagine selling your char on main server for someone who has trained character with a little lower levels on pk server. Same affects with items. 100k safely harvested gc from main server to get 10k impossible-to-get gc on pk server? There will always be sellers and buyers, exactly like there are in other games.

That would probably mean I'd be on the pk server all the time since I mostly train a/d on the main server.

Hope things will turn out wel, just don't wanna see I wasted my time training a char on the main server and when it starts to get ready for fighting black dragons and more pk I change from server :P

Think the main server will be fine nosty :P . the majority of people dont pk and those that do i can see swapping and changing between both servers.I dont think Ent expects or wants people to move to the pk server and not come back.

Edit: If Ent does create a PK server IMO he should go the whole way and REMOVE rostos from it, kind of defeats the object if rostos are cheaper and more abundant (since the major gripe of pkers is no drops ).

I dont think theres any harm in trying .. and maybe Ent should have a free one months trial to see how things pan out.

Edited by conavar