Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wildbeast54

log out button

el should have a log out button cuz say that u wanted to train a bot u were working on u'd have to start it up again and sometimes it takes a long time so if el gets a log out button it doesn't take too long

cuz say that u wanted to train a bot u were working on u'd have to start it up again and sometimes it takes a long time so if el gets a log out button it doesn't take too long

:whistle: huh?

i think he means that he duzent want to have to start up el agen after quiting the game to accses another char ;/ one of my friends has a slow comp and it take ages for it to open the game so itd be easyer for ppl with slow p.c's like his? i think.. lol

Edited by thelethalmoo

There has been talk previously about this idea and iirc there is a rather old patch around to add a "select a server" box, and I think a log out button.

Afaik it was decided that the ability to select the server you are connecting to is not nessessary. A log out button however may be reasonable.

If there is a log out button, then there should probably also be a quit button. It's probably better to just provide a log out command and keyboard shortcut.

This will also require checking that all details and files pertaining to the old character are closed correctly and reopened for the new character. This potentially requires rebuilding the init section of the client so client data and character/user data are seperated so only the character/user data is reloaded (hence providing the time saving).

There has been talk previously about this idea and iirc there is a rather old patch around to add a "select a server" box -- Afaik it was decided that the ability to select the server you are connecting to is not nessessary.

I think it would be useful, but with option to disable it for people who want to log in faster.

Edited by ville-v

el should have a log out button cuz say that u wanted to train a bot u were working on u'd have to start it up again and sometimes it takes a long time so if el gets a log out button it doesn't take too long

Didnt' quite follow that :) but... Yeah, I'm sure it's been suggested, but a log out button would save a lot of time.