Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nathanstenzel

Leather helms vs ti short or other

Many people have asked me what the best manu item is to level off of. A few people have given me different oppinions. Here is what I have figured so far.

Leather helms can be made from 100% bought ingredients and if you are good at making them, you only lose 2-3gc per leather helm with feasting potions as the food. Making them in WS with runs between storage, perhaps a general store and Trik gets good xp quickly while recycling most of the costs. Making them at the school actually gets you less xp per gc. Leather helms are more xp per gc than any other leather good. The only exception is leather pants which you can then sew iron bars onto for augmented leather pants.

For a person new to manu, fox scarves are good, but you have to hunt your own foxes or find a seller. There is profit to be made there. The trick is, buying from players is a time consuming task.

Titanium short swords have the best xp per amount of bars for any of the metal items. They are not really bought much though. Only summoners have a use for them else than to fight with. They are the best swords for under 1Kgc else than ti longs from drops.

If you were to buy sword ingreds and sell the results, I think perhaps iron long swords, steel long swords or steel two edge swords might be decent xp. The trick with that is that you might as well buy the iron and steel bars so that you can make the swords quickly enough to make decent xp. Buying from players is, as I have said, a tricky and time consuming thing.

It is a sad thing how the leveling of any other skill has been made easier than the leveling of the manufacturing skill. The ingreds just take too long to harvest and there are too many ingreds. Figure crafting....there is more variety in the ingreds making things a little more difficult, but you can carry about all the ingreds to the work site or make a simpler part of the item you want on site and carry it to storage to make the final item. It is really easy to make gold bars on site, turn them into gold rings or medallions and make the final thing elsewhere. Swords on site are really slow. Swords from sto require market madness.

Anyone else have any views or advice on improving manu or at least manu training practices?

I would honestly love to see recycling for simple blades and armor, rusted blades to replace the monster drops and a breakdown of swords into parts like hilt and blade. I would also like to see some swords and armor that are good, but don't require rare ingreds. It would not matter if they break easy or not.

I would honestly love to see recycling for simple blades and armor, rusted blades to replace the monster drops and a breakdown of swords into parts like hilt and blade. I would also like to see some swords and armor that are good, but don't require rare ingreds. It would not matter if they break easy or not.

That would enhance the roleplaying aspect of game enormous. I really like that idea.

For now as for leveling manu i stick to helmets and raise money in between by making iron swors, s2e and steel long.

I do not think there are that many tools yet that you can make and sell the thousands you need to level

Tools to be made:

ring mold

medallion mold

alembic

vial mold

Vial mold and alembic take rare ingreds.

Ring and medallion molds use gypsum and it is difficult to make them on site (they don't stack) and you can't carry much gypsum to storage due to the weight.

Tools to be made:

ring mold

medallion mold

alembic

vial mold

Vial mold and alembic take rare ingreds.

Ring and medallion molds use gypsum and it is difficult to make them on site (they don't stack) and you can't carry much gypsum to storage due to the weight.

And :

Mortar & Pestle - can be sold to npc for 50 gc ea.

Need gypsum too.

Ring and medallion molds use gypsum and it is difficult to make them on site (they don't stack)

They do stack :whistle:

Hmmmm....thanks for the correction.

i leveled my account to level 78 very quickly a month or two, i made ALOT of s2e and steel longs , but my main source of exp was leather helms in the manu school, NOTING is faster imo (if you check our #1 manuers siggy (celticlady) i think that says it all

Leather helms in manu school are an awesome source of xp. A s2e swords are a must-be on a list of to-do of every single manufacturer. It's really simple - the only reasonable way to obtain hydro bars is to make them oneself. Not bad profits with high-end stuff possible then.

Well, now that this old thread of mine was brought back from the dead, I might as well post an update on it.

If you are lucky enough to find a friend that trains a different skill, you can trade one item made during the training of a skill for other items made during the training of a skill. Try to do the math and make sure that the ingredients cost plus a markup is used for the value of the items, if possible.

A friend of mine makes summoning stones, does potions, etc. Trading the products of my training for the products of his training works quite well. If you can manage something like this, consider yourself quite fortunate.

Of course, there is always the idea of mixing ingredients for people. For higher level items, using a saving stone and charging 1K gc per insured item is preferred, but this should be an option for the person you mix for.