Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bahamut_Zero

After 180 level

This might not be the case, but from my limited knowledge of computing.. At about level 178-180(not sure where exactly) the total amount of exp gained exceeds (2^31) - 1, which is the maximum amount that can be held in a 32-bit signed integer. To allow more exp would either mean making all the data unsigned, or extending it to 64 bits. Which would mean conversion of all the data stored already, significant client/server reprogramming, and if 64-bit, a performance loss as well when not on native 64-bit systems.It's far off anyway to warrant it being a problem any time soon.

Non-geek talk: Exp amount gets too high to be stored w/o problems :rolleyes:

Perhaps rather then going to 64 bit programming, ent could add a new class of skill to supercede the old one. Like i you get the max in attack, you get a new skill named somethign else, like combat that replaces it and inheritly includes your 180 level when things related to that skill are calculated.

0-180 attack, then changes to level 0 combat, 0-180 combat to ???

would require changes so that those with combat get less exp following the same scale, but it would elimiate the need to reprogram everything without a cap.

Or you can play with the cities stuff, pets, and so on.

Just to clarify: I thought Roja said we were never going to have pets. Has she changed her mind?

I think this refers to the 'pets' you can buy from Learner, Ants, bots, foxes... not like pets in other games. But maybe some day!

hell yea he will..... i also noticed his guildie/pvp partner made like 20+ def level (120-143 or mabye more in a few months) basically impossible normally but mp is pro i wonder how he does it :rolleyes:

It's only the matter of time you "waste" per day and nothing more :)

some people have found "ways" to make their "wasted" time MUCH MUCH MUCH more benifical then others, i would say some people know little secrets that benefit them 2 - 1 on the average joe

Every1 can belive in whatever they want, i can only say that i have big respect for ppl who made their lvls on yetis( previous ones and current ones of coz too) coz im afraid i would not be able to exp like they did.

I tested yetis for exp, but i simply like to kill them for drops, 1 year ago and now too, its hard enough for me :rolleyes:

mp

2 billion xp doesn't sound like much to me. Someone who plays 40 hours a week and optimizes his training so he gets 500k o/a xp per hour would get 1 billion xp per year, so just 2 years. 40 hrs might sound like a lot but I've heard some top fighters claim they train this much.

Edited by EvilJoe

You can't fight 6 hours each day @ 500k exp an hour. You need to stock, find spawns, sometimes make stuff, maybe pk now and then. I would be suprised if anyone here has trained for 6 hours each day for a full week at max exp.

Edited by Cycloonx

2 billion xp doesn't sound like much to me. Someone who plays 40 hours a week and optimizes his training so he gets 500k o/a xp per hour would get 1 billion xp per year, so just 2 years. 40 hrs might sound like a lot but I've heard some top fighters claim they train this much.

i would say masterpiter is the smartiest most efficent trainer in el (i pvped him for a long time so i speak from experience) and i dont think even he would have the (looks for perfect word..cant find it so il settle) patience to level 2 billion exp..mabye he will make me eat my words but i some how dont think so

Its a good point, but as the years go by, eventually we will all hit that mark. If it takes 500K/hour for 12 hours a day for 2 years thats fine. But, (now here comes the patience part) How about 5 years from now? Eventually people will hit that mark. It is a good question. Though the awser is not a pressing issue atm, Will take some time before anyone needs an anwser.

With so many top chars, changing hands I can see a 150 ad char going into the

hands of a nearly new player packed with excitement to waste countless more hours on it ;)

I doubt that there is any player that can get 500k per hour while training even at a double yeti spawn.

In pvp things are different but its difficult to find the right pvp partner.

Patience and knowledge of the game is required to get good exp and only a few players meet those requirements.

After ur lvls get high u cant make 500k/h easy, u can make nice exp on multicombat desert chims in bethel or in multi chims in tirnym, but, its only till 140 def, after that its very hard to make fast exp on chims.

When i get to -19a/d i make about 270k/h in tirnym even if i train on mc+fc(and since their drops r bad i cant train long on them, only few hours, than yetis for making gc( and pr0 150k/h oa exp).

At high lvls 270k/h is nothing, after some time u simply dont exp at all and concentrate urself on pk/killing yetis/arctic chims/giants/dragons for drops.

Pvp doesnt work coz with big coord(that is needed for pk and strong monsters) u hit ur pvp partner way too often and way too strong (:

If u r very strong maybe u can make 500k/h in hulda, but u can be easly kicked from there by other players since its pk map.

All in all, lets not worry about 180 lvl, coz it wont be easy to reach even 160 ;)

mp

I have 480k/h on double yetis, 300k/h on giants, 100k/h on dragons, 340k/h serping hulda, 600k/h on chim+yeti in hulda, 800k/h PvP+yeti+AC. its all I can do for "good" exp/gc, but last one is def only exp, so its sux.

Than why u r over a week on lvl 141def( which is only 16m exp to next)?

If u had 800k/h u could lvl it in 2 days ;)

And dont say def exp sux coz def exp is also oa exp, if some1 could make 8m oa exp/day it can be even harv exp it would be still awesome for a fighter ;>

If u had 800k/h u could lvl it in 2 days :P

Maybe, just maybe, he has one of those fabled "real lives" ;)

If u had 800k/h u could lvl it in 2 days ;)

And dont say def exp sux coz def exp is also oa exp, if some1 could make 8m oa exp/day it can be even harv exp it would be still awesome for a fighter ;>

lol, 1) I stopped monster training ~month ago, there is no reason for more training

2) most of my exp is from serping hulda, bc its best gc+exp

3) if you dont trust me, I dont care, its fact (I can hold yeti+AC for good exp w/o problems ... and you too, with your new p/c, you just never do it, bc its PK)

If u had 800k/h u could lvl it in 2 days :D

Maybe, just maybe, he has one of those fabled "real lives" :P

He plays a lot, he just doesnt make 800k/h .

Check his oa, its top2 so something around 155, maybe more , u cant make such an oa w/o playing a lot( or buying a char, but thats not the point, some1 had to make that exp anyways ;)

<edit> reply to Marwen:

Yup u right, if u r strong there is no need for lvling, its enough if u make some exp and a lot of gc now, i agree here, thats why im also sure no1 will soon make 180 and even 160 lvl will take long time.

mp

Edited by masterpiter

Aren't you like 155? You gain lvl's like water, So it will NOT be a problem for you to hit 160. You lvl faster than me and I'm 30 levels below you.