Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bahamut_Zero

After 180 level

Someone told me the max levels in el is 180.

I have a question, no one seems to know the answer..

Do i get attack exp points after getting 180 attack level?

If there is no exp after that.. reset means u lose OA levels.

Imagine im 180 in all levels, i reset, if i do not get exp points, my OA will always be 0 and i wouldnt be able to get pp.

If no exp after 180, it means u r wasting OA levels with reset.

Please someone clarify this for me.

Edited by Bahamut_Zero

Well first of all.. thats the experience you only need from 177 to 178 : 93,592,266

so i think you worry a bit too early about this, especially from talking about having ALL skills at 180 o_0

but you made me a little bit curious as well about this matter.

a bit offtopic but wtf about your siggy? youre a/d 46/48 :lurker:

http://game.eternal-lands.com/view_user.ph...er=Bahamut_ZERO

Anyways like stated you made me a little tiny bit curious now as well how itll go after teh 180.

even tho i dont think i will see that one day o,0

This might not be the case, but from my limited knowledge of computing.. At about level 178-180(not sure where exactly) the total amount of exp gained exceeds (2^31) - 1, which is the maximum amount that can be held in a 32-bit signed integer. To allow more exp would either mean making all the data unsigned, or extending it to 64 bits. Which would mean conversion of all the data stored already, significant client/server reprogramming, and if 64-bit, a performance loss as well when not on native 64-bit systems.It's far off anyway to warrant it being a problem any time soon.

Non-geek talk: Exp amount gets too high to be stored w/o problems :lurker:

Well first of all.. thats the experience you only need from 177 to 178 : 93,592,266

so i think you worry a bit too early about this, especially from talking about having ALL skills at 180 o_0

but you made me a little bit curious as well about this matter.

a bit offtopic but wtf about your siggy? youre a/d 46/48 :lurker:

http://game.eternal-lands.com/view_user.ph...er=Bahamut_ZERO

Anyways like stated you made me a little tiny bit curious now as well how itll go after teh 180.

even tho i dont think i will see that one day o,0

I am by no means certain, but this is how I *imagine* it is.

The level requirements are not reached by any calculation, each level is an arbitrary figure harde coded into the game. If you look at the level requirements on a graph you will see that it is not a steady growth, or a pure exponential growth, but has a series of steps/kinks along the way. I remember seeing some time ago that the max level is not so much a hard ceiling, but that simply at level 180 is the highest level to have a figure for advancing further, ie there is no experience level set for level 181.

Assuming I am correct with the above, I guess that after level 180 you would continue to get experience, but would just be unable to get level 181. I also rememmber vaguely that there was a lower "top" level in the past, set because nobody was ever expected to reach that far. When people got close, the levels were increased, so no reason that could not happen again if the need arose, and ent saw any value in allowing people to go further.

As I said, this is mostly vague memories and speculation, but I think I am pretty close to the reality

When you reach level 180, you beat the game and now you can get on with your life. (or at least what's left of it)

Edited by boognish

I am going to put an exp limit at 2 billion exp, whatever level that is.

The overall skill will still get exp from other skills, even if they are capped at 2b. And the Overall skill will also be capped at 2b.

2 billion = 2.000.000.000 to inform other people, I had to search it up too :lurker:

Edit: 2 billion is between 178 and 179, so 178 will be max level.

Edited by Cycloonx

Unless some significal changes made no1 will reach oa or skill lvl over 160 for a very long time, and i mean like a year from now, maybe more.

From 160 to 180 is like 2,5 times more exp than from 1 to 160, so i think that its unreachable under current circumstances ( which is very good thing from my point of view :confused: )

mp

As usual, I get pwned by Math again! :confused:

At any rate, I won't reach OA 150 until I'm in my 90's so I'm not too concerned. One question that fits here is what should I tell newbies when they ask what the highest level is? It's a common question, and the obvious answers (they're at your fingertips now) just aren't productive, friendly, constructive, useful, or informative! I say that with a laugh, but to be able to give a solid answer like "178 Overall for now" really would be helpful. Should I just say two billion exp points? That's valid too.

An exp limit is nice for a period (lets say 1 year without leveling). But not for ever. I think its boring not to level up at all or leveling up slowly. I think that the most interesting part in el is the way we level up and the way we get exp.

I am going to put an exp limit at 2 billion exp, whatever level that is.

The overall skill will still get exp from other skills, even if they are capped at 2b. And the Overall skill will also be capped at 2b.

Thanks for the answer.

So resetting won´t do any harm, even if i had all skills at 180, my OA continues to get exp. :confused:

And about my siggy, do u see anywhere mentioning that that´s my level? lol

If my siggy said E = mc2, would that make me Einstein? lol

hurray for lack for sense of humor :confused:

Anyways the answers stated are quite reasonable to me.

But like said.. its a bit too early to worry about that.

If every skill is capped at 2 billion, isn't it worth capping OA at something higher? say 10 billion?

Before I saw Entropy's answer I was going to say that, as far as I knew, the maximum possible levels were not set in stone, and would be increased if anyone ever got close to reaching them.. I guess a defined end point does have it's advantages though :confused: Maybe there will be some advantage to reaching a max level, like max alchemists no longer need tools, or produce double product opposite to double exp zones? hehe

Finally, a billion differs between US and UK :w00t: US billion = a thousand million, UK billion = a million million... so theoretically we could be talking 2,000,000,000 or 2,000,000,000,000

To make it clear, by 1 billion I mean slightly less than 2^31

@agis29 Assuming that you will still be playing in 3-4 years and reach the limit, you can do other things, such as buying nexuses and convert them to PP via nexus removal stones. Or you can play with the cities stuff, pets, and so on.

So far, I don't think anyone can be bored with the game, if you exclude the "doing the same thing 10000 times" part, common to all the MMOs.

Unless some significal changes made no1 will reach oa or skill lvl over 160 for a very long time, and i mean like a year from now, maybe more.

From 160 to 180 is like 2,5 times more exp than from 1 to 160, so i think that its unreachable under current circumstances ( which is very good thing from my point of view :confused: )

mp

Don't fool us MP, we know you'll get 180 def soon :w00t:

If every skill is capped at 2 billion, isn't it worth capping OA at something higher? say 10 billion?

Before I saw Entropy's answer I was going to say that, as far as I knew, the maximum possible levels were not set in stone, and would be increased if anyone ever got close to reaching them.. I guess a defined end point does have it's advantages though :D Maybe there will be some advantage to reaching a max level, like max alchemists no longer need tools, or produce double product opposite to double exp zones? hehe

Finally, a billion differs between US and UK :P US billion = a thousand million, UK billion = a million million... so theoretically we could be talking 2,000,000,000 or 2,000,000,000,000

I played more than 2 years, have alc level 121 and always been alching a lot, I would need to play 10 - 12 years more to get to max xp, if I alc as I use to.

So no need to worry now. :P

From 160 to 180 is like 2,5 times more exp than from 1 to 160, so i think that its unreachable under current circumstances ( which is very good thing from my point of view :D )

mp

Don't fool us MP, we know you'll get 180 def soon :P

hell yea he will..... i also noticed his guildie/pvp partner made like 20+ def level (120-143 or mabye more in a few months) basically impossible normally but mp is pro i wonder how he does it :P

hell yea he will..... i also noticed his guildie/pvp partner made like 20+ def level (120-143 or mabye more in a few months) basically impossible normally but mp is pro i wonder how he does it :P

It's only the matter of time you "waste" per day and nothing more :D

It's only the matter of time you "waste" per day and nothing more :P

Amen to that :D

Hmm i think he removed pps from will and he added vitality and some pps to instict so that he wont hurt his pvp partner. This way he will be able to pvp for hours without having to restock.

Maybe he ll keep training this way untill 160 def and after that yetis with the lowest possible coords and serving Mortos?

But on the other hand he was always a fanatic Alluwen's follower .. :P

Or you can play with the cities stuff, pets, and so on.

Just to clarify: I thought Roja said we were never going to have pets. Has she changed her mind?

Or you can play with the cities stuff, pets, and so on.

Just to clarify: I thought Roja said we were never going to have pets. Has she changed her mind?

Times do change.

I remember when we were told list of things we are never getting: Dragons, bows and arrows, pets, mounts, redistributing/buying pps, maximum levels and so on. It seems only mounts are missing if not coming with pets :rolleyes:

Edited by ville-v