Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Testers needed on the test server

We are switching to a new version of the Small scripting language (now called Pawn).

Since Pawn powers most of the NPCs and all the quests (except for god quests), it is very important that we test it.

Everything is on the test, port 2001, so you can test it.

Things to test:

As many NPCs as possible (buying/selling, the wraith, the repair NPCs, maybe a quest or two if you are so inclinded).

Please post any issues here.

I interacted with the following NPC's and did not find any problems.

Crisan: purchased a sword

Shantir: sold a med

Trik: sold a sword

Reca: bought wine and sold raw meat

I also did the only quest I haven't completed yet, the potion quest. All of it went as expected, items were removed from inventory when appropriate and I received items/xp (I think I got xp, didn't take close note of what I was at before) for completing it.

I also used several storage NPC's and didn't have any problems there either. Talked with the Tutorial NPC and tried to get healed, which he didn't of course cause my lvls are too high. Talked with the Wraith and scrolled through most of his dialogue. All seemed to work fine.

I also went through dialogues with NPCs in IP, Nordcarn, White Stone and elsewhere. Nothing unusual but I'm still getting "CAUTION: Possibly forged NPC_OPTIONS_LIST packet received." when I select the "bye" or "Nothing thank you" options. For example Elena in Whitestone city tavern. This was reported previously here. Using latest CVS client on Linux.

Edited by bluap

Knowledge Quest missing from the wraith.

Did you do the quest before it that is needed? Without that other questing, the wraith one doesn't show. Or could you have completed it already?

Made a brand new character and did the 3 tutorial quests with this character, then checked the wraith and the knowledge quest wasn't there.

Made a brand new character and did the 3 tutorial quests with this character, then checked the wraith and the knowledge quest wasn't there.

You have to do the 'Past Quest' first (which is not one from the Tutorial NPC) before you will get the Knowledge Quest at Wraith, IIRC.

ok, i'll try that next

I tried selling Lilacs that I had harvested at locations on the test server to these flower shop NPCs:

Darla

Forra

Lavinia

...and in all 3 cases the lilacs reported as sold for 0 gold pieces and the total coins in my inventory increased by 0 gold coins. Only the lilacs changed hands in the trade with these NPCs :)

I tried selling Lilacs that I had harvested at locations on the test server to these flower shop NPCs:

Confirmed. Just "sold 10 Lilacs for 0 gold pieces" to Forra in Whitestone City flower shop. Wow what a rip off :)

Confirmed. Just "sold 10 Lilacs for 0 gold pieces" to Forra in Whitestone City flower shop. Wow what a rip off :D

Flower shops should be fixed now.

We still need to see if Tankel still fixes and breaks things at the same rates as before.

Just tried tankel, he broke my CoL, but he managed to fix a titanium long. Those were the only degraded items i had that I could try.

Also I completed the tutorial quest and Granny Lorpak's quest with an alt. They both worked fine :D

I set up PhilDaTEST to try out the Past and Wraith quests. Thanks to Enly, btw, for the rose quartz. :-)

Everything worked fine for me as well.

When I gave the rose quartz to Atakel, however, I noticed "[quest completed]" (minus the quote marks) above some of her text before tell me about my past. Was that supposed to happen?

Phil...

I tried Edlara in MM but it seems it goes wrong between swamp and winery,

When i click on swamp i get info over the winery and vice versa. Also everytime i click on swamp (it doesn't dissappear) the options vesine and latis reappear.

It seems that it depends on what i click first what doesn't dissappear: winery or swamp

When i click on winery first the swamp option disappears.

Guest hanhoth

id like to help, but im not sure how to get on :/

if some can pm me and tell me that'd be gr8

I started in EVTR and tried storage which was okay and the ring book seller there. I bought IOTF ring for 4000gc and got the book. So no problem there. On my way back to C1 I stopped at the potion seller in irisis and the interaction was fine. I finally got back to C1 and interacted with the wraith and everything was fine. I did not make an alt char, so I did not try the quests.

Edited by rmiles

When i click on swamp i get info over the winery and vice versa. Also everytime i click on swamp (it doesn't dissappear) the options vesine and latis reappear.

It seems that it depends on what i click first what doesn't dissappear: winery or swamp

Ok, we need someone else to confirm this.

Can't confirm this error sorry, it works properly for me. I click on winery, I get her talking about the winery, etc.

S.

Oh and while not on topic, while on test I killed some brownies, because i like kicking small things. When they die they seem to teleport out, just like if I killed a summons. Neat, but, intentional?

Edited by Spleenfeeder

I can confirm that. If you click on swamp, winery disappears and vise versa

I can confirm that. If you click on swamp, winery disappears and vise versa

Is it acting differently then the live server or is this an oddity in the Quest script all along?

Ok, found the Eldera wine/swamp bug, it was in my script.

Please test more (not this particular bug), this is really important, because if there are issues, we might have to do a rollback.