Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

Super-massive invasion

Great! I loved it!

We held a "Armored-Yoga" class at Grahms Village, best class ever. Especially when the Female/ Armed Male Goblins arrived! The MaGE's were on the scene fast!

Although some more monsters would be better, for the first few announcements I kept getting there after they had all died.

Very good invasion, coz of no drop day all ppl could be less careful and could try to just have fun, thats why even invasion in underword( under normal circumstances pretty evil) wasnt that scary :D

Some screenshots here:

1)low lvl monsters 1st(notice how little exp per block they give, they have to be very low lvl B) )

invasion22.09part1obeobiony.jpg

2) and then we come to business( notice pr0 number of fps in the upper right corner of the screenie :P )

tlumgiantowobrobiony.jpg

3)waves of mobs( only chat history, to show how long it took and how many ppl died, some of them several times xD )

invapart5obrobiony.jpg

invapart4obrobiony.jpg

invapart3obrobiony.jpg

4) and tragic death of poor eMPi who took way too less HE and suffered from his little emu :)

invapart2obriobiony.jpg

Big thanks to all mods for this invasion and all participants too, was great fun :(

mp

Guest ohmygod

Please dont write off the Aussie/asian players. We do play this game and also want to enjoy the fun and excitement of invasions too.

Yes i know invasions are supposed to be a surprise but i think this should not be so. Many players miss out because they log off 2 min before the invasion starts or something.

IMO invasions should be announced a day before with a time it will start.

Maybe to keep with role playing side a rumours section in forums should be started which suggests that information obtained from captured mobs have gained detail of an impending invasion etc. I dont know only suggestion, but you know what i mean i think.

I believe that many more players would log in for them. Maybe even break current record of most users logged. I would stay up late to be on for it and would not need to bitch and moan about missing another invasion.

Off topic: We have astrology now. We can tell what our own hit, miss, make rare, etc will be BUT we cant even predict whether the next day will be special or not? Had i known the first no dropday in months would occur i would have not gone to sleep at all last night. Please make a stone that predicts the days so i dont ever miss a no drop day again. :P

Edited by ohmygod

Portals room was funny, tho I had to take BloodS out to go see if I could do anything, entering the portals room with invis was a good move, I managed to move to a side and fight there, taking out a lot of Giants, Cockatrices and Cyclops. I managed to stay alive, altho I took my share of blows. And so did my armor. :P

Dragons in Sedi were cool too, just too bad I was having some bad luck on the first one with lag, causing me to die and not finding it again.. then I got back and it was at 500hp and Mortos made it go poof. :D

Evil moves allround with the Ida Cemetery and Underworld invasions, also the portals. It was very nice, but it was good that it was No Drops day. :)

-Blee

To be honest, I don't plan invasions. I usually do them on a whim, so they are random. So announcing it a day in advanced would be bad.

I have, however, talked to scafativ about adding a command to gossip that will let me trigger one of those gossip email things, and alert everyone of one of MY invasions, not auto invasions.

It's just up to Ent if he'll allow it.

Hi, i was just curious do u think like me, that 5 invasions is a little bit too much for dwo days?

I dont say 'stop making invasions!', but give to play other players, not everyone are intrested in fighting. Besides everything in too big dosage is boring. I was figting at once, rest were bored as hell.

ps. yetis in underworld were the worst idea i think. U couldnt do anything, not even if u were taking part in invasion.

Some screens to show how ppl had 'fun' underworld...

beztytuutw4.th.jpg

beztytuu2pv7.th.jpg

beztytuu3wz8.th.jpg

beztytuu4eo6.th.jpg

Edited by Korushiku

Invasion was really cool. I mised the last couple you did & I got home just in time for this one. Keep up the good work Acelon! Glad to have you back at it again :)

Guest ohmygod

Hi, i was just curious do u think like me, that 5 invasions is a little bit too much for dwo days?I dont say 'stop making invasions!', but give to play other players, not everyone are intrested in fighting. Besides everything in too big dosage is boring. I was figting at once, rest were bored as hell.

ps. yetis in underworld were the worst idea i think. U couldnt do anything, not even if u were taking part in invasion.

I dont, and considering there wasnt any invasions for months up untill a few weeks ago i think it is good. If you dont fight much i would assume that you make stuff to sell to others who do. Consider these thing good for the economy because people use up lots of stuff in them.

To be honest, I don't plan invasions. I usually do them on a whim, so they are random. So announcing it a day in advanced would be bad.

Well ok then whim away.

PS, This one was too short and i had crappy astro stats for the black dragon, but thanks for the fun :)

There is a difference between no invasion in months and 5 invasions in one week. The former is way too few, the latter way too many.

For me it's gotten not only boring, but also irritating. I log in, plan to do anything useful. I can't. Why? Invasion. I go to Beam and sit there for a while. After it I log off. I log in next day, in 1 hour after my login another invasion. And so on and so forth. It is really irritating.

@ohmygosh © by Pookies

I don't feel that market impact of invasions is that important for me:) As I don't have time to get resources to make any reasonable and needed stuff... 'cos of invasions :>

Edited by Anshar

Is this where we're meant to comment on the invasion today?

(The one where we went to DP at the end... well this is the link Ace gave)

Good fun! Feros, Chims, Sslessars, Fluffs! :D

Ssssccreeenies!:

dp_invas-01.jpg

dp_invas-02.jpg

dp_invas-03.png

And i thought i'd throw in this one of SD and myself fighting critters that're quite hard for us ;) (and its the only MM screenie i got :P)

ktf_fighters-1.jpg

Thanks for all the fun invasions recently! :)

I dont, and considering there wasnt any invasions for months up untill a few weeks ago i think it is good.

Is it good not to make any invasion in a month and make 5 at once (hint! make it regular)? U r saying its good cus u fight a lot, i can only say i was bored that day.

Thanks for staying up for this invasion Ace, was nice to finally be able to jump into one...Aussie's pwn!

The animals at the end were particularly fun, the kids loved watching the animals appear, even if there was a delay on dinner :)

S.

Guest ohmygod

There is a difference between no invasion in months and 5 invasions in one week. The former is way too few, the latter way too many.

For me it's gotten not only boring, but also irritating. I log in, plan to do anything useful. I can't. Why? Invasion. I go to Beam and sit there for a while. After it I log off. I log in next day, in 1 hour after my login another invasion. And so on and so forth. It is really irritating.

@ohmygosh © by Pookies

I don't feel that market impact of invasions is that important for me:) As I don't have time to get resources to make any reasonable and needed stuff... 'cos of invasions :>

I missed most of them but, every map on both continents and at every resource there was monsters? I find that hard to believe. Consider it like monster trainers do when thier favorite spawn is taken. In your case, if invasion monsters are at your favorite mining spot 2 steps from storage go to another spot.

I find this game better to play when I am not afk (harvesting).

I dont, and considering there wasnt any invasions for months up untill a few weeks ago i think it is good.

Is it good not to make any invasion in a month and make 5 at once (hint! make it regular)? U r saying its good cus u fight a lot, i can only say i was bored that day.

And I been bored for months ;)

Both invasions were nice, the best was on no drop day but I like that they are different.

Never found the dragons in MM, always much lag there and the chims stopped me.

The yetis/cockatrices and other in C2 underworld were nice, not a problem because it was no drop day, but would have been bad normal day.

Thanks for both invasions :)

Indeed. Two very cool invasions, though I was only part of the first of the first one and the last part of the second (in DP) because of my limited fighting skills :)

Keep up the good work. I hope the DP-scene will repeat when I get stronger. It was great fun!

//Zil

Another great invasion.

I liked it coz of:

1) different hours than before.

2) pr0 feros gangs in portland at the begining :)

3) not too many high lvl mobs, in last part of invasion(desert pines) even newbies/non fighters could take part, and enjoy it =]

4) invasion wasnt very long so it wasnt too much trouble for mixers/harvesters( i think around 1 hour, maybe less, if u dont count desert pines part)

screenie:

invamm1gotowy.jpg

Guess what happened to poor chimmy xD

mp

Guest ohmygod
Guess what happened to poor chimmy xD

Someone healed it and you died? :)

heres pic i took

giantacelon.jpg

Edited by ohmygod

Best invasion yet!

Great to see how players teamed up to try and fight their way out of the Irillion Underworld. It took my feeble butt a loong time to get out, but the camaraderie was worth it. And now I know my way around the UW with my monitor off!

More! More! :)

I do feel sorry for the International players who don't match the time zones for these events. Is there no way to program random invasions around the clock? Of course, a few hundred more active players in the Pacific Rim would help us all!

Comments? Let's hear 'em!

I personally found it invigorating and enjoyable. It was nice to see the whole community come out and kill together. The no drop day gave those on the fence that push to jump in, well done. :hehe:

The amount of creatures in hell might have been a little over done for the graphics challenged users. The Grue was getting more kills then the Yeti's. Got some great screen shots on our guild site, it was wild, all in all, big thumbs up. :P

Some screens to show how ppl had 'fun' underworld...

[beztytuu2pv7.th.jpg

lol I died 4 times in this screenie. This must have been the phantom warriors invasion, when according to my counters I died 6 times.

Still trying to work out when Korushiku could have pk'd me during the invasion as my death counters claim... Is C2 underworld PK?

I escaped from C2 underworld 3 times and always had the time to move away from the entrance before being assaulted by a cockatrice or giant because there were so many other players about. I could easily have used a ring and did so on one occasion to return to VOTD to collect more HE.

I must have been lucky, as I managed to pass through the Underworld Yetis unscathed and escaped from the underworld. I tried to harm the Red Dragon, grued, and reappeared right in front of it with inevitable results.

I really enjoyed the Great Invasion, all the more so as in other respects I found no drop day dissappointing as it was impossible to find anyone remotely near my own a/d in TD or KF - high level players were swatting us too fast ... quick deaths are no fun.