Entropy

Character description

Vote  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Do we like the idea?

• Yes, I think I would buy one.
    • I won't buy one, but I like the idea.
    • No, this sucks!

IMO good idea but $20 dollars is a bit much , maybe $10 or have it as an added bonus in EL shop

buy a Tunic in EL shop get the Char Description for $5 kind of thing.

On a personal note there are few things that take my interest like this , but with not needind a paypal account in my everyday life then I wont set one up just for EL :( .

Have to search out player who do gc >>> $ I suppose (havent a clue who lol )

anyway good idea if a bit expensive :P

I would probably buy it. Hard to say right now, though, before it is implemented and all details are known (e.g. possiblitiy of changing it without paying again).

Briefly:

I like this idea. Depending on implementation I may buy it.

I'll pay only for unlimited changes and lifetime. Good idea, btw.

Same thoughts here.

Same, if Id buy it at all, imho! its not really needed...

What I think I am going to do is have ONE free description for everyone, but if you want to change it, it will be 1 dollar per change, or 50 bucks for unlimited changes.

I'm not sure if the price is not too high. Instead limiting number of changes per month/quarter of year would be a better idea. Or giving a 20 changes for this $20 at start?

$20 is not few. I'm not sure how much you would earn with people paying you $1, either. I'm not that good in pay-pal services yet.

By the way, any reason why this cant be bought with gold coins?

Edit: direct in game, without seeking for someone with $.

Edit2: didnt see ent post :devlish:

Edited by Manderijn

By the way, any reason why this cant be bought with gold coins?

Edit: direct in game, without seeking for someone with $.

Other than it is p2p service?

I think that paying in $ for it is not a bad idea ( :devlish: I'm surprised I've said it lol)

What I think I am going to do is have ONE free description for everyone, but if you want to change it, it will be 1 dollar per change, or 50 bucks for unlimited changes.

While I would have a hard time finding a good description for myself, I think these terms are totally acceptable, and could even buy a few changes from time to time. The initial idea of $20 for a single description was probably out of most players' reach.

If you are going to allow unlimited changes, then I suggest there is a way that those players have a #desc command they can use to change it instead of them constantly bugging you.

I like this much better.

S.

I like the idea, and I like the idea of a basic, free description for all players. I am also not averse to the idea of paying either gc or even $$ for upgrades, changes, etc. A possibility that popped into my mind while reading this was creating a place like a registrar's office for characters to go and look up other characters (for a slight gc fee). This way you don't have to worry about pop-up profiles blocking you from a kill, while still retaining a graphic interface (as opposed to the command-line approach of #desc) in reading other players' profiles. At that point, the symbol brought up earlier could be something like a stamp from the registrar saying that the player is a registered, tax-paying, law-abiding resident of Draia (well, registered, at least :pinch: ).

I like the idea, and I like the idea of a basic, free description for all players. I am also not averse to the idea of paying either gc or even $$ for upgrades, changes, etc. A possibility that popped into my mind while reading this was creating a place like a registrar's office for characters to go and look up other characters (for a slight gc fee). This way you don't have to worry about pop-up profiles blocking you from a kill, while still retaining a graphic interface (as opposed to the command-line approach of #desc) in reading other players' profiles. At that point, the symbol brought up earlier could be something like a stamp from the registrar saying that the player is a registered, tax-paying, law-abiding resident of Draia (well, registered, at least :pinch: ).

I dunno if i would take it, well not for $20 for sure i wont, but in the way as described above i think i would spent some time to think about a nice description and make it to registers :P

Plz. make the first registration like 10kgc and then for rl$ if you want to change it.

Personally i wouldn't make it a free description .

I like this much better.

S.

Same here.

Probably when the players see it and use it, even more of them will be willing to pay for the change later. That should be enough for the walls, maybe even for the courtyard :pinch:

I like this idea, since I'd probably set my description once. However, if you're in despate need, I'm willing to have a few bricks shipped :pinch:

Gnarf. i wish i could change my vote to totally yes now ^^ thats a fair deal imo. ill prob send ya some

money so you can drive to gas station to refill your Ferrari

a065.gif

Oh, yes, there will be a player command for sure.

awwww i was allready excited to jump up and down on your nerves for a bit. :lurker::w00t:

You should make it more expensive :P

I remember once a friend leaving the game wanted to sell his character. To help do this he set an afk message and sat in VotD or IP I think. Obviously selling chjaracters on market channel isn't allowed, so I can see a future character-market forming. Like the player npc markets :) If this was the ultimate destination of this idea (purely fantastic speculation) charge more, and let it be removed after so as not to deter its use.

I don't know how readily people would come to use this (requiring people to want to use the EYE) but I guess you could try it and see what the community does with it. At the very least it might generate a lucrative FAD.

Voted: I won't buy one, but I like the idea.

But you never know, FADs are contageous :P

An adaptation of this could be some emoticon type displays next to the name, so someone in an angry PKing rampage mood could set something suitably mean, someone who has just poofed 10kgc worth of stuff could set a sad face, and I'll leave the rest to your experienced imagination :P

Another adaptation would be to have something similar to alt+o (or simple in chatlog) and have it as setable as #afk messages, or even connected to the afk message text field ;)

Both these adaptations would need to allow instant and repeated changes to be made. On the first adaptation there could even be different coloured meanie faces for use in team-sports.

Edited by kailomonkey

When I started playing I was first worried about what the shop could do for people that pay. It didnt take long before I realized it was not affecting the game like other free MMO:s (more exp and things like that).

I'd just like to say that char description, for MONEY, could scare ppl.

And it worries me anyway right now :P

Nice feature, but even if 1cent it feels damn strange.

*EDIT: I am a happy Draegoni =)

<3

Tvinn

Edited by Tvinn

If i could add a picture, im in even for 20$ :P.

Maybe try do something like basic description: 5$ 100 chars and one change, advande desc: 10$ 150 chars 5 changes, pr0 desc: 15$ 200 chars 10 changes.

Just an idea.

i think i voted option 2 or 3..

the reason for that is that this function is standard in most games, why pay for something that is supposed to be standard?

no offence though, if you want people to pay for something, then at least make it worth it.

it's not like people will be camping someones character description to see what they have to say in their description x,x

so it's best to make something usefull that people can really use and then charge em for it.

(for example the royal thingy cloak, it's just a cloak with no stats.. who gives a damn that some1 is wearing a different kind of cloak?)