Entropy

Character description

Vote  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Do we like the idea?

• Yes, I think I would buy one.
    • I won't buy one, but I like the idea.
    • No, this sucks!

In our quest to get more money out of our player's pockets, in order to build the best castle we can*, I was thinking of adding a nice little feature in the game: The ability to have a description. This is how it will work:

1. You pay some money (something around 20 bucks maybe), then you will be able to set a description, something no longer than 200 characters or so (the exact size is to be determined).

2. When someone clicks on you with the eye button, a pop up window appears on their screen, with your name and description on it.

3. (optional, might cost more, not sure if we will implement it) You will get some symbol in your name, like a * or something, so that people will know that you have a description and can click on you.

This thing can be used for stuff such as roleplaying, or advertising your services, etc. Of course, you will not be allowed to put stuff in your description inconsistent with the game rules (things that would normally get you booted or worse if you said on local chat or channels).

* Hey, at least we don't bullshit you!

Just 1 thing that seems unclear to me, can you only set it once? Or can you change it whenever you want?

Edit: Slavia was faster :)

Edited by Cycloonx

Once the description is set, are we able to change it? and if so how often?

Yes, possibly for a limited number of times. Not sure yet, I'll see if enough players like the idea.

The Idea is not all that bad, personally I don't have a description that's worth the $20. But its in the right direction especially for role-playing.

Well, the bricks for the castle are expensive. And we need some heavy machines (excavators, etc.) for the moat.

If implemented as part of the eyeball-click, I can foresee tons of those messages popping up at inopportune times (e.g. if I decided to go PK'ing, where I have a nasty habit of clicking on targets with the eyeball cursor :devlish:) This could be solved by making the activation for such information more of a command (such as #profile).

It would be interesting to have players have an inv/wanted list in such a profile, similar to bots. The idea itself isn't all bad, imo -- but it would definitely require some work and thought in its implementation.

The Idea is not all that bad, personally I don't have a description that's worth the $20. But its in the right direction especially for role-playing.

Well, the bricks for the castle are expensive. And we need some heavy machines (excavators, etc.) for the moat.

True, I totally support the idea of the shop n services. Well I think the limits set to what you can advertise is what would make an interesting determinin factor for me; it could very well be worth 2 to 3 times more. Not a description though, not for me. ;D

I voted that I like the idea but I wouldn't pay $20 for it. I just dont know if I have $20 worth to say.

Maybe you could charge less & import the bricks from China? :devlish:

I would also want to be able to change the description.

I dont like the idea of $$ there should be a cheap one where u only get like 50 words 5gc per 2 letters and for a long blog it costs money. i personally like el for the free part and would not pay for a blog, sorry :devlish:

The description itself is a good idea, but I don't think it is worth 20 dollars, 5 at most.

It could cost ingame money, aren't you always looking for ways to burn gc and help economy?

I don't think I'd get one, but I do like the idea. I just can't bring myself to spend more on EL then I want to, for me it's a little harder to pay with real $$ and I gotta do gc->$$ and it's hard enough for me to get gc. Paying 80k for it just doesn't work for me.

So, yes I like the idea, but no I won't/can't get it.

(Point of view from a younger player without rl income. :devlish:)

-Blee

I don't think I'd get one, but I do like the idea. I just can't bring myself to spend more on EL then I want to, for me it's a little harder to pay with real $$ and I gotta do gc->$$ and it's hard enough for me to get gc. Paying 80k for it just doesn't work for me.

(Point of view from a younger player without rl income. :hehe:)

-Blee

It is something I would be interested in, but I would most likely do the same as BleedingSoul and do gc->$$ to get it, but then again, it does depend on the functionality of it. Personally, I wouldn't mind having a running list of what I'm buying and selling, available with the wink of an eye :devlish:

I like the idea, altho not realy needed, since you can do the same thing sing Gossip, just different command.

And yes, i would use it, but 20$ is a bit too much, I would pay 10$ for it though! Especialy if you are able to change the text lets say..every month or so?

Jez

Once the description is set, are we able to change it? and if so how often?

Yes, possibly for a limited number of times. Not sure yet, I'll see if enough players like the idea.

I'll pay only for unlimited changes and lifetime. Good idea, btw.

(Point of view from a younger player without rl income. :P)

-Blee

It is something I would be interested in, but I would most likely do the same as BleedingSoul and do gc->$$ to get it, but then again, it does depend on the functionality of it. Personally, I wouldn't mind having a running list of what I'm buying and selling, available with the wink of an eye ;)

*sniffs some new customer for him* :devlish::hehe:

lol anyways i dunno if i should vote. i dont think i will be getting one of these description cuz i see no

sense for myself. it does put maybe a nice roleplay factor into the game.

Oh well i just vote yes, im all for it ^^

*sniffs some more customer* :P:):omg:

I like it, someway you can add a little more to your character other than just the avatar.

Of course it helps towards the construction of a new castle which is always a good thing \o/ (we need more castles, all those poor castle engineers needing to earn some more xp).

Its also not like its an enforced payment. I really cant see why anyone would vote no on it O.o Use it or dont use it it doesnt change anything except give a nice little extra to those that want to use it.

As they say its the little things that make up life. I think the same goes for E-Life as well.

Well just my two pennies worth :devlish:

Nice idea, but not for 20 bucks.

Maybe 5-10$ to enable that feature (for a year or so) and then pay with gc for every change of that message?

That should help you to buy some crocodiles to protect your castle and get some gc out of the game also.

Piper

I voted 'no' but under protest, an option like "I'd rather see a different suggestion for donations" would have suited me better.

The first thing I thought of was the possible frustration of trying to click on a busy storage NPC or other cluttered situation.

My second worry is the look of advertising it would convey. A major peeve of mine is advertising!

Which brings me to the drift from EL's theme of Medieval times to LEET times, something I brought up in Jezebelle's recent thread.

Also to repeat Jez's mention that Gossip has a description display in her 'about' command.

Other than that, I think it's a good idea :devlish: !! (The idea does not suck, I can't agree to that!)

You guys do deserve worthy income from the game, granted! Something more 'period' for ingame use would agree with me. The extra clothing is a plus, maybe more player/guild specific things like house rental with storage chest or whatever....

Edited by Mugwump

Also to repeat Jez's mention that Gossip has a description display in her 'about' command.

Some players cant use gossip, so this is better for me (ehm them)