Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kailomonkey

Experts Prove Climate Change

Experts Prove Climate Change

Our items are being degraded, our homes attacked. Just the tip of the iceberg in the problems Draia will be facing, say experts.

In a meeting held today, experts agreed that something must be done about climate change on Draia. The meeting was called after the Association of Weather Warnings published evidence that an increase in industrial activities has caused damage to our environment. "acid rain has become a weekly occurance" said Kings_agent, A.W.W. spokesperson "global temperatures are constantly rising" he added.

Lumino, co-chairman of the Large Events committee complained that many parts of Irilion had become too risky for holding events. Dragon invasions have soared over recent months and Nicom, of the dragon Conservatives, claimed this is "a direct result of ozone damage". The meeting warned that this is likely to get worse, with damage spreading further inland from across the west of Irilion.

The colder parts of Irilion seem yet unaffected by the increase in dragon activities, but A.W.W. say that even these vast wonders of nature are under threat. Glacmor and Trassian have both been named as areas affected with environmental change. Devani of the Draegoni Homelands Trust says the colder regions traditionally inhabitted by the Draegoni have now become so warm that "some places wouldn't freeze a Gnome" and she fears that Iscalrith could be next.

With industrial activities being blamed, Algernon of the Gnome Alchemy Workers found himself defending alchemy, and the meeting agreed that an investigation into the engineering skill was necessary, with the large amounts of ash and saltpetre being produced in some areas. With the engineer industry yet to appoint a spokesperson, the accusation of it's influence went unchallenged.

The environmental changes were also blamed for the recent unpredictabilities while harvesting, and Ermabwed, spokesperson for the Potions and Crafting Industry, noted that EMP production, which has always been a gamble, has become nearly impossible to count on.

After committing to an action plan, one crowd member reported seeing an Acid Rain Dance moments before the recent storms which lightened the atmosphere, and as the people left the building Kings_agent from A.W.W. was quoted saying "tut tut, looks like rain."

Written by Kailomonkey, unofficial writer for The Daily Draia

[Note for future readers. This was written after "3 acid rain days in 2 Real Life days", the dragon invasion had been fixed and occuring alot and the astro had recently been introduced.]

Edited by kailomonkey

lol! ok, you said you were going to post something, and somehow I didn't think it would be this funny!

but... but... you went and made something interesting and didn't interview me :)

Sorry I didn't interview you Enly :( I was going to have Mac and others in there too but lost track :P

If anyone has the tiniest idea for expanding the story, post them here and perhaps there could be a sequel to include more experts :D

:P I've already had reports that the change in water quality has affected pancake and cookie production, but that's more of a Star guild private joke.

:P Something about beekeepers too, that might work.

:P Restrictions have been placed on oven usage.

I might add any PMed ideas (if this interests someone) to this post anonymously... and I will try not to make another new post unless it's a new report :P

Finally just to say thankyou for all your praise (ingame also) and that I doubt any sequels could match the responce from the original. But hey, it was just fun to write :D Thanks for enjoying it.

Edited by kailomonkey