Eternal Lands Official Forums
nivag

is it the sun?

this is really wierd. here are the before and after pictures of me circling ppl in the ground. I think it is the sun in the game shining on the ground but im not sure.

elscreen004.png

elscreen003.png

elscreen001.png

elscreen002.png

reply plz haha :)

Have you done anything to the directory of the game?

Also, what version of the game are you using? Just the default, or do you have a CVS client, and if so, what options do you have enabled?

Also, what computer do you have and what are the specs of your graphics card? What graphics options are enabled/disabled when you start the game?

The only images of faces I can think of would be NPC's but I'm strugging to see why they would be rendered as a shadow texture.

I don't think you are just seeing things because in the first image especially you can see a colour change on the stones of the road. Shadows, even through leaves wouldn't do this (and we don't have that kind of processing in the game).

wats the directory of a gmae? i just downloaded it a couple days ago so i think i downloaded the newest version. i also downloaded music and hav all the sound options turned on and everything else is default. I haave a sony vio or something with windows vista. i dont kno anything about the specs on a graphic card but i do kno that it is intel 945GM. also wen i start the game it sez the frame buffer is disabled and the GL_*_point_expression is disabled, if that helps. its not colour changes in the road or shadows i dont think cause wen i move around the faces folo me, note the direction of the compass and ill move to a diferent spot and post new images of the same faces wen im facing the same direction...

ok so i now kno that its not god tryin to send me a message or something cause heres some new pics lol. something is defenetly wrong here.

elscreen005.png

elscreen006.png

Heres another 1. im in a better spot. it sez new character if u cant see it lol

elscreen007.png

Holy cow, who is responsible for mowing the lawn there? Must have been drunk then last time!

Oh, no, i see your food level is -30, youre hallicunating from starvation :devlish:

Now seriously:

To find out more about your graphics card, type in game #glinfo, press the "page up" key to scroll back one page in console mode (press F1 to toggle console mode) and post the given infos about Video card, Vendor ID, OpenGL version here.

Somehow i would blame your graphics card drivers for that funny effect.

Oh, and when you find Elvis following you, plz post a screenie here :devlish:

Piper

ok, my graphics card is intel 945GM, ive sed that like 2 times before, the vendor id is Intel, and the OpenGL is version 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1151.

idk if that helps but it should :devlish:

ok, my graphics card is intel 945GM, ive sed that like 2 times before, the vendor id is Intel, and the OpenGL is version 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1151.

idk if that helps but it should :devlish:

Hopefully it does. The first thing i see, you are using OpenGL 1.4.0, and i am using 2.1.0. Maybe thats the problem. Just try (or ask someone who can do that) to update your drivers for the graphics card.

Anyone else has seen that funny effect? At least not only the faces, but the text "New Character" on the lawn makes me think that there is something really wrong with your computer and/or your drivers.

Piper

Edit: Ok, one more guess, before you try to update your drivers:

Your textures are messed up somehow, what you see are the shadows of clouds on the ground, so the client *maybe* took the wrong textures and just used the faces of the NPC's and other stuff, like the pic for the log in screen, where the text "New Character" comes from, to draw the shadows of clouds on the ground.

Uninstall the game again, clean up your hard disc, check how man space you just have left and run the installer for EternalLands again and do a fresh install again. You should have at least 230 MB of free disc space, or even more, before you install the game again.

That *might* be the solution, but no warranty is given :devlish:

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

I used to have a similar problem. For some reason, some of the bitmapped fonts were being displayed on the sky, and as reflections in ponds. One day, items were showing instead of fonts (pots, gc, swords etc.) Really creepy looking.

Went away after a graphics card update (ati raedon 9500/9700)

I have the Intel 915G chipset and do not have this problem. With the newest driver I only have OpenGL 1.4.0 Build 7.14.10.4764. The 945GM also only goes to 1.4.0, however it looks like I have a newer build so you probably don't have the newest driver. I did find this on the Intel site in referance to their newest driver for the 945GM chipset, these are known errors with OpenGL. I don't know if they could be causing the problem with the weird shadows or not, just figured I would post it here in case it helps.

OpenGL* Conformance tests: multiple failures on Windows Vista* 32 &64 on LKP

FMultiple Conformance 64-bit Test Failures (l_am, l_dm, l_em, l_sm, l_adm, miplin, api-mtexcord, pxtrans-stencil, blend-constcolor, blend-separate, texenv.c, & drawbuffer)

ROFL, those screenshots are awesome.

Anyway, this problem is different from one we've had before where the textures were all messed up. Looks like either the shadow code or your video drivers are doing something funky. Personally, I hope it's the latter, since the shadows are way too advanced for me ;)

Does the problem still appear when you turn framebuffer support off in the configuration window?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.