Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ville-v

Training a/d with lots of reasoning (archer build)

Let us think Mr. X resets and goes to train ogre with 60/60/20/20.

He wants to be archer, which means he needs a lot of reasoning for perception to help with archery skill (and maybe dexterity will increase hit rate). That means as few pps in p/c as possible and rest to reasoning.

He wants to train a/d only for fast oa exp, so training would stop somewhere when too much pps would be required to be spent.

What a/d/p/c he could train with cyclops? What about fluffy?

Let's say amount of reasoning would be same as oa level. What if instinct was taken instead of reasoning? Could coord be kept really low because of high instinct and lack of dexterity negated with sword or some reasoning?

What difference of instinct and reasoning would be good if thinking of training a/d? For example, 100% reasoning, 100% instinct, 50% both?

Let's say amount of reasoning would be same as oa level. What if instinct was taken instead of reasoning? Could coord be kept really low because of high instinct and lack of dexterity negated with sword or some reasoning?

Uhh....someone with higher A/D would have to correct me, but i'd think you'd want to keep high coord (makes battles last longer, more xp :))..and drop some Physique....

What difference of instinct and reasoning would be good if thinking of training a/d? For example, 100% reasoning, 100% instinct, 50% both?

In training, defence exp is the best for oa (with def god its good combo) plus its good when you can pvp with someone as well. Focusing on defence exp also helps you get to fluffies asap.

I've never tested it but I presume as long as you have high instinct (high reaction cross attribute that makes you dodge more hits) you can suck lots of def exp out of monsters without landing too many hits. Your dexterity (determines the amount of successful hits you land every round) from low reasoning/coordination will be very low so you will kill the monster very slowly.

If you take 100% reasoning, you will not be able to defend yourself as you wont have any reaction cross attributes. 50% reasoning and instinct is the same as 100% coordination (coordination has both dexterity and reaction).

Maybe I will make an alt to test instinct build. :omg:

Hope I helped.

Edited by Hydro

I think I will try 50% of both build after christmas update if it turns out perception affects hit rate of arrows more than dexterity.

Do you have any suggestions for p/c with monsters? Can I simply forget coord and take for example 40/4 for fluffy?

p40 is bad for fluff, simply take decent vit and train in col, this will allow u to stay at low phys.

If u block mobs good u dont need crazy high health, 200-250 health is very ok even for fluff/feros (wear col, mol is waste of gc coz it breaks fast, is far far more expensive and got worse stats from moon med :P

mp