Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

***Art Contest!***

Well since it's been a long time since the last art contest we had here I think it's time for another one!

This one is more special though, because it's about drawing pictures for a story!

For this contest you first will have to read our newest official story written by Enly here:

Port Anitora & The Dragon Ship

(it's a really great story..even if you don't want to participate in the contest, read the story!! ;)

For the contest you can either:

1. Draw a picture of any of the characters

2. Draw a scene from the story

You can use any artistic medium such as:

-pencil & paper

-paints

-computer programs

-sculptures

...just be creative and have fun! Hopefully in the end we'll have a bunch of illustrations for the story :D If this works out well, we'll do this once every month.

Prizes are to be determined and will be given out by Entropy in the end.

There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.

You can make as many entries as you'd like.

Contest ends 1 month from now on October 18th.

Any questions feel free to ask!

Please post links to files in .jpg format. Also name them like this: YourGameName_TitleOfWork.jpg

So for example: Roja_sarmathegnome.jpg

w00t just today i thought putting up an art contest myself to revive the scene lol.

Cool thing there is one finally again.

Ill give it a shot.

9/29: I tried to make a sketch of an elven Selain :) Not my best work, but its a try. :) Also, ignore my bad handwriting :P

Elven Selain

9/29: Here is one of elven Selain summoning (better than the first :hehe: )

ElvenSelainSummoning

9/30: Here is another one, but of Assain this time, one of the dragoni twins I think in the pic i changed the spelling of the name B) .

Assain

10/8: Come on people, at least TRY to enter. We need more than 3 entries. ^^

Edited by Airakose

Some info on the races of the gods:

Most of the gods have a set "appearance" that they like over others(for example Aluwen likes to appear as a female elf). The gods can change their appearance at will however..so they can also be whatever they want. Who knows what their true race/form actually is. They may make appearances to many different people and appear differently in each instance.

Also, with regard to character appearances:

Every person who reads a story generally envisions the characters a bit differently, sometimes very differently from other readers. That's all ok! The fun part of reading a story is using your imagination to visualize people & places in the story.

You can draw the characters however YOU visualize them-there is no set way that they should be drawn, except of course, to follow the descriptions of them in the story(such as Sarma has red hair) :blush:

I'm taking a shot at this, hopefully I can finesh my picture soon.

(P.S. good job airakose!)

Here it is. (It's really rough, but I'm busy irl, so dont have time to clean it up.) It's sarma when he is confronted by groden, then trips on a rock, and uh, yeah. http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/Fo..._SarmGroden.jpg

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

Reaching the outskirts of the city, he sat down on a rock and leaned back. Above him a stunning blanket of stars twinkled while the two moons hung silently in the darkness casting their ghostly light upon the city.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/Scor...TheTwoMoons.jpg

I focussed on the majestical 2 Moons while Sarma sits on a stone, slightly covered in Darkness.

Well, at this point I rather doubt I'll finish a nice big picture, so I just did a quick sketch of Groden after he was hit with the arrow. (Wanted to see how the angle would work)

Groden is down Edit: Looks kind of strange, doesn't it? Hmm....

Edit: Oh, here's a quick picture of Sarma on the Etch-a-Sketch. lol :)

Sarma

Great story Enly! :D

Edited by LIGHTspeed

lol! Glad to see some last entrys, was afriad this died.... :)

(tried advertiesing on channel 4 with little success)

pr0 etch-a-sketch skills :D

~kGn

Here's a quick sketch/coloring I did of Sarma, just to start the contest off and have a little fun :)

Sarma the gnome

I'm awfull in drawing so I won't even bother to try :)

But WOW Roja :) you could make a living here just by making art like that!

Really, really well done!

Ok, contest over!

I want to thank Airakose, KaGen, LightSpeed, and Scorpius for participating! Your pictures have been uploaded to the fan art gallery :)

Since there have been so few participants, you are all winners, so please see me in game for your prize!

I really loved your pictures for my story guys ;)

You are all way better artists than me :whistle:

I really wanted to draw something for this but left it too late. If this topic stays open I will eventually (I hope) post something :P I didn't care for the prizes anyway, just wanted to play :) Nice work everyone