Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BethAhabah

I can't dance - do or don't

Hi,

A perk-question ... :P

Is there anyone that took the "I can't dance"-perk?

(add. 15 def. penalty when fighting multiple opponents)

I think of taking that one since I don't fight as much and I don't think I will be in the future, aspecially multiple opponents.

I prefer to make things and get better at that, working at all my creative skills and a lot less at my a/d.

I'd like to here some opinions.

Thank you for sharing.

Best wishes to all of you in the Eternal Lands,

BethAhabah :)

By the way : I can dance :)

I think alot of mixers have that perk, well I would hope so since they don't do alot of fighting theres not much use for not having it, and 5pp is nice for nexus or that extra emu. :P

Since you don't plan to fight then it won't be a problem for you. The person that should not take it, is a

pker fighting multiple enemies and summons. With it you are dead because you can't fight the enemy

and his summons\help.

agreed with robo, since you said that you would not be fighting much, i would take it. unlike myself, im a pker :omg: so i wont take it and if you decide u dont want it, there's always reset :icon13:

Gelly bones? I don't agree, that doesn't only have to do with fighting, but with every damage you can get. So harvesting would be painful, and if you're a toad-eater gelly bones seems pretty disastrous to me.

I'm mostly a mixer myself (hardly fight anymore), I don't PK and I even have MM, so don't usually get attacked. Still haven't taken ICD though, only because of events and invasions really :huh:

Hi,

Yep, Molime, thought the same here abut the gelly bones ... so not going for that one.

But "I can't dance" looks good to me, would not enter contest with fighting in it and run from invasions (a/d = 32/33) and will do that anyway ... hate to die :huh:

So, next time I'm going to C1 I'll visite our friend the Wraith and get this perk ... and the MM one ... nice swap .. often forget that MM-cloak when I go harvest where I need it. :hug:

Thanks so far for the reactions, more are still welcome though. I can still change my mind ...

See you all in game,

BethAhabah

Edit : typos

Edited by BethAhabah

I'm a lousy dancer in RL, and a lousy PK'er in EL, so it was a handy way to get me Monster Magnetism early. I'm the type who likes to rearrange perks and attributes to boost skills and then reset for the next set of skills, so I intend to wind up with no perks or just Fast Regen.

For the non-PK'er and only mild a/d trainer, MM+ICD are a great combo imo.

For PK'ers and pure fighters i dont recommend ICD or MM... being multi'd in training is very fast def exp :cry: and not having to click the fluffs is great also :( ...most of that's already been said, just thought i'd add my agreeance.

I have ICD for a long time, and am pretty sure it never really hurt me, even though I fight a lot.

My reasoning - ICD is bad ONLY if you die in a fight against multiple partners you would otherwise win. so training on single combat maps is no different. being attacked by 2 monsters at the top of your safe handling is where it can get scary, but I carry a strong weapon, and if I get teamed, I use it to clear the decks.

I think I can count on one hand the times it went wrong, and for me the 5PP is worth it!

Having said that, I don't PK, monsters only for me, and am too poor to pvp vs summons.

Edited by sadarar

I think it is worth it if you are a mixer. I have it and it almost covers all the vegetal nexus i have taken :). So depends how far you plan to mix. If you plan on making higher lvl items soon then take it and get the nexus you need. And if you do decide to fight you should have enough gc by then to buy mm cape, and sould be smart enough to stick to arenas/sing-combat caves with it :blink:

Edited by Rider_of_Rohan

imo gelly and ICD arent good for a fighter unless you are a PKer with high stats (like 120s a/d high high oa) and can become a perk tank (take all negative perks) or if you just mix.

Edited by Hydro

Hi everybody,

Well, I've made up my mind ... and took both perks : I can't dance and MM.

Now I only have to get used to having the MM-perk, almost went harvesting in Bethel caves with my MM-cloak. :wacko::omg::blush::D

Nice to have all these reactions and help! B)

Thaks y'all! :blink::):)

Bye,

BethAhabah

I have this perk. As I'm not fighting at all I like it. There is nothing that would make me any difficulties. I die to fluffies and above if they gang me, but I die even to one, so no big change.

I know a player with this perk who can take 8 fluffies at a time, he says the perk hurts only if you plan to PK a lot, and it kills your during invasions. I took it as well sometime last year tough now I'm beginning to get into a/d training and it hasn't been problematic YET but I sense it will be in the future. Oh well, perseverance and hard work can overcome your shortcomings.

I know a player with this perk who can take 8 fluffies at a time, he says the perk hurts only if you plan to PK a lot
He's wrong.

Being able to "take 8 fluffies" with ICD is no prob. As long as you have decent toughness and armor the fluffy hits wont do any damage anyway.

I could take 8 d.chim if i had ICD, but i certainly wouldn't be able to multi-train on them and make mass exp, and i wouldn't have been able to when i was on clops either.

ICD is bad for training as well as PK.

SKF, CM, GB, NRM, Egratia, Bethel, etc. all multi-combat maps with commonly trained creatures.

EDIT: where i say "fluffy hits wont do any damage", i obviously mean non-critical hits.

Edited by Korrode

i'd say with icd it can be abit touchy i'm fighter but i do like doing other skills so the 5 pp came in handy for nexus also if i ever get high enougth a/d again and want to pk in multi maps i can always save pp and take there is no fork perk to cancle it out

i'd say with icd it can be abit touchy i'm fighter but i do like doing other skills so the 5 pp came in handy for nexus also if i ever get high enougth a/d again and want to pk in multi maps i can always save pp and take there is no fork perk to cancle it out

according to the encycopedia you can't take There Is No Fork perk since you have ICD

the only way to get rid of your ICD is to reset

I have I cant dance Perk and for me it works fine.

Special on large groups.

And for me its mostly 1 vs 2-10

Fly in be very fast fly out. With the Perk you can focus all power on a single Player of the Group.

You just need to stand long enough and make much damage on the opponent very fast.

If you havent the Perk on 1 vs 2-10 your power is splitted cause you do some hits on 1 player then the other and so on.

But you need ad 100+ and nice stats combi+lil training how it works best.

Then it could be a challenge to pick one of the group. And leave area before they can do anything.

So for me its kinda sporty to have the perk.

I know i am weak... :)

Guest ohmygod

I have I cant dance Perk and for me it works fine.

Special on large groups.

And for me its mostly 1 vs 2-10

Fly in be very fast fly out. With the Perk you can focus all power on a single Player of the Group.

You just need to stand long enough and make much damage on the opponent very fast.

If you havent the Perk on 1 vs 2-10 your power is splitted cause you do some hits on 1 player then the other and so on.

But you need ad 100+ and nice stats combi+lil training how it works best.

Then it could be a challenge to pick one of the group. And leave area before they can do anything.

So for me its kinda sporty to have the perk.

I know i am weak... :)

Max of only 1-8 opponents at once is possible not 1-10.