Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Ancient wisdom in Thelinor

I have still no idea why 4th member of our team( Emanuelson) was thrown away, he has low stats but afaik he is new player, not an alt of some1.

mp

Emanuelson is on the same IP as MarcinChraban ;) (among other characters too)

Guest ohmygod
@Audience

As long as you do not attack contestants, disturb them, block paths you're legit (unless your nick is TooMass or Marwen). If you start doing anything against this regulation you will be firstly warned, then, make PKable.

How long will pkable last for? and what if someone starts pking audience? ;)

Edited by ohmygod

So why not throw away MarcinChraban and leave Emanuelson in team like he was? Marcin was only a back up person( i can provide logs from channel 44 where two of those characters r talking to eachother, it looked like they knew themselfs from real life, so maybe they live close to eachother, that would explain why they have same ip ).

Even if person who plays on Emanuelson would have some other characters its not a crime, i bet many contesntatns have some alt chars ingame, i got several too ;)

mp

So why not throw away MarcinChraban and leave Emanuelson in team like he was? Marcin was only a back up person( i can provide logs from channel 44 where two of those characters r talking to eachother, it looked like they knew themselfs from real life, so maybe they live close to eachother, that would explain why they have same ip ).

Even if person who plays on Emanuelson would have some other characters its not a crime, i bet many contesntatns have some alt chars ingame, i got several too ;)

mp

The point was there were two alts of the same person signed up, which shows a disregard for the spirit of the contest in the first place. You will have to wait for kheres to decide on this, since the point was to have even teams and a fair contest, not a couple players with non-leveled alts as team mates to blow everybody in minutes. Saying "ok we're caught, but we'll fix it so can we still play?" doesn't seem so fair to the others who didn't try to do this in the first place. (But that's just my opinion, I am not running the contest).

He also deleted my post here, but well, its not my business anymore since i cant have fun in the contest i waited so long for ;)

Also I just caught this, what post? There are no deleted posts from this thread.

Any questions? Post here. Above rules will be reminded in channel 6 short before event. We are starting the event at 2:20 game time and finishing at 3:30 game time.

I have 2 questions. I think the answer is yes but i'd just like it to be sure as i haven't seen it clearly stated (Maybe i need to improve my reading skill ;) )

1) Are steel shield and tit chain allowed ? For me, steel shield is part of steel armour, but well....

2) If you leave the map (By dieing/teleporting/any other way), are you allowed to come back into play ?

He also deleted my post here, but well, its not my business anymore since i cant have fun in the contest i waited so long for :icon13:

Also I just caught this, what post? There are no deleted posts from this thread.

I thought he deleted the post where i announced 4th member in our team- Emanuelson, i must have oversighed it.

I was pretty angry coz i saw he throw him out in less than 48 hours before contest , i thought my team was accepted since he posted Emanuelson in his 1st post, so i was only worring to buy enough phys/coord removal stones to not exceed combat lvl.

Then 12th october in the evening saw his post about removing Emanuelson, also saw he locked the thread so i have no chance to reply and explain what have happend.

mp

1. Teams not accepted for the contest:

arariel, Masterpiter, Giewont13, LordWojny as it exceeds requirements for over 30 points.

There are some limits of benting rules. As I've counted the character required to make this team legit should have: a/d 5/5; p/c/w/i 6/4/4/4 and it would barely allow for fulfilling the requirements I've set. Some common sense is a must-be in any situation.

There's one more reasons I will not change my decision. Firstly, there has been a similar situation with Smurf's team. I asked him to create two teams, he accepted my request and did it. I just cannot accept the team violating the very same rules in the very same way as Smurf's team did.

2. Missing posts.

Let's make it clear. Even if I want to delete any post in this thread or even this forums ("Events") I simply can't. I don't have required priviliges. Ones that can delete it are:

• Aduard, Acelon, Sistema

and as far as I know none of them has done it. Let's have our facts straight and then post. Such insinuation is not only missed, but also very unfair. I could have expected something similar from anybody. I've not expected it from an experience players that should know what's possible, what's not. The player I know for last 2 years or so. Well... happens.

3. Audience

Audience is allowed for watching the contest. I would rather expect audience doesn't start any commotions as it may make hosting the contest very difficult if not impossible. I would ask not to start any excessive wars between audience and I require for myself a right to kick from map anybody and any time if I find it essential. I hope it answers your question, Ohmygod.

4. PKability

In case of any problems or repeatable offences the PK punishment will be set on troublemakers for at least a month. I would like to remind anybody interested in it that it means not only NO xp for fighting during the time of punishment, but also NO chance to pick up any bags.

5. Steel shield was in game before steel armour and its stats hasn't changed (as far as I know). Thus, they're ok. Titanium chainmail torso is also ok.

6. If you leave the map you're allowed to come back.

7. All teams starts the event being OFF the map (or at least it's PK part).

1. Teams not accepted for the contest:

arariel, Masterpiter, Giewont13, LordWojny as it exceeds requirements for over 30 points.

There are some limits of benting rules. As I've counted the character required to make this team legit should have: a/d 5/5; p/c/w/i 6/4/4/4 and it would barely allow for fulfilling the requirements I've set. Some common sense is a must-be in any situation.

With Emanuelson it would be only about 10 CL too much, and i have spent over 600k gc for p/c removal stones to make me weaker so our team CL goes under 800 and we can participate

Wont comment on other things coz i post it rather for ppl to see, not for Kheres, since he scratched off our team without even asking me for CL :icon13:

mp

Winners have been:

Karolus' Team

and Dman Team.

Congrats.

I would like to express my gratefulness to all participants, Roja for founding the prizes and:

• Aislinn
    Molime
    as well as:
    Creedka, Maxine, Aduard, Asgnny

for their great help.

Any comments? Leave below.

Edited by Kheres

Absolutely great and fun contest! Hope to see something similar again soon! :icon13: Great job from all participants and those who organized it!

I have comments too :happy:

Thanks for asking me to be a part of it, it was a lot of fun although all those cyclops swarming around that cave were making me dizzy!

Also thank you for making these events for us. I know how much work they are, and all that goes into planning them out, marking places, getting coords, trying to cover all things that can go wrong (and sometimes still do), getting people to help, getting teams together, the list is endless and there is always "one more thing" to fix.

I know I speak for just about everyone when I say thank you, without people like you we wouldn't have these fun events at all. Not very many people are dedicated enough to do this time and time again.

Congratulations to Karolus and his team, and DMan and his team, you guys did a great job of teamwork and smart thinking :icon13:

Like I told you ingame already Gorzki: there were unforeseen circumstances that made it necessary to have some strong monsters there for a bit. You can't always know everything, and can't always predict what contestants might come up with.

As already said, it was a lot of fun (We even should have won, too bad someone didn't look at his chat :happy: ).

As for the dragon, i was surprised too, still i just didn't come close :P

Anyways, we need more of that kind of contests, a lot more, so khery, take some aspirins and keep up the great work :)

Edit: Nearly forgot, thanks to the flags, the referees and all those who gave me their PK points :icon13:

Edited by Itzalan

ok that was first and last contest wich im on - i hate ppl who change rules during fight. changing rules when contest on is rediculus

Edited by gorzki

I had a lot of fun, and I'll wait for more of such contest

Thanks for all people who organized it (in particular for Kheres)

and thanks for all GratZ :wub:

Edited by karolus

ok that was first and last contest wich im on - i hate ppl who change rules during fight. changing rules when contest on is rediculus

A live contest with live players is a living breathing thing. One can never predict where something can go wrong or an unforseen event would happen to alter a plan, or a contestant would do something totally unexpected and cause an unexpected series of events which would have to be worked around.

We did the best we could do to keep the contest going on track with as little upheaval and disarray as possible and be fair to all players. Everyone won fair and square and everyone had the same hurdles to overcome.

Actually the same 'change of rules' that made some dragons were invaded, made that your team could win more easily than was really intended.

Actually the same 'change of rules' that made some dragons were invaded, made that your team could win more easily than was really intended.

hmm if i say thats i dont care about win or loose?? i play contest for fun but when i want to play i agreee to rules and that rules was changed during contest - thats ok ?????? if you think so thats werid imho

hmm if i say thats i dont care about win or loose?? i play contest for fun but when i want to play i agreee to rules and that rules was changed during contest - thats ok ?????? if you think so thats werid imho

You have to be a little flexible when dealing with hundreds of invaded creatures and a hundred or so players all converging on the same place at the same time. Unexpected things can and will happen, and if you can't deal with that, an mmorpg is not for you. Try solitaire.

You know, the point here was for everybody to have FUN. This wasn't an olympic gold medal at stake here, it was an event to have fun. Somebody put in a LOT of time and effort so YOU and everybody else in EL could have some fun. Try it sometime.