Skeptic Perk

Skeptic perk?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Have you take the Skeptic perk?

• Yes, I've already spent my 30K
    • Not yet, but I probably will.
    • Not yet, and I probably won't.
    • No, I'm not going to get it.
    • I'm afraid to (due to unknown future changes).
    • None of the above apply to me, I'll post below.

I don't like that this perk is not going away with reset. What if someone misclicks the perk :laugh:

Maybe it should be just more expensive in gc, lets say 200k gc, but resettable.

Personally, I like astro though, for example, I can train with a/d bonuses or harvest while being AFK with very low amount of events (I'm unlucky with stones anyway :pickaxe: )

I don't understand why every one started bitchign in the first place. I'll admit i'm not a 100% fan of it, but you gotta respect the man for making the game. He is working on further developments for our entertainment. I thinkw hen some 1 crys like a 2gc whore, they insult him. It would insult me. Maybe we just need to watch the game develop and stop bitching kk? :)

I don't know yet... I'm tempted to take it though... I really like doing whatever I want whenever I want and not wait for my astro to get better :)

But to shut of a part of the game isn't something I like either... so I'm still thinking what to do

Edited by -Nostalg

No perk for me!

I'll never decrypt the math of Astrology to my neolithic means of understanding, but I like the results and how I adjust my routines to them.

By the way, very intelligent poll, bkc56; definitely not one of those Yes/No flame starters!

As i said in other threads, i dont have time to wait around for my astro to be right for what i want to do, i enjoy the freedom of being able to do whatever i want, whenever i want, at the levels i earned. I have the perk. 30kgc was a small price to pay.

edit: added "at the levels i earned" before i got replies like "omg but you can still do whatever whenever with astro, just sometimes you'll do better than other times!"

Edited by Korrode

I take the perk, because it's the view I have for the game.

(I think it's nice to have made that game feature, but as in my mind I'm very sceptical, I choose to be in game too :-D )

(I have copied my answer from an other thread I read before I see the poll...)

As i said in other threads, i dont have time to wait around for my astro to be right for what i want to do, i enjoy the freedom of being able to do whatever i want, whenever i want, at the levels i earned. I have the perk. 30kgc was a small price to pay.

That's a nice way to put it.

Of course, not having that perk also sometime gives you higher abilities than you normally have, which many people like.

Of course, not having that perk also sometime gives you higher abilities than you normally have, which many people like.

For me, trying to train with a/d skills fluctuating by about 14 from day to day makes it all but impossible to adjust (in some economically feasible manner). This differential is only magnified by the other factors (accuracy, critical to hit, and critical to damage).

Sure, it would be nice to have some of the astrological effects from time to time. With that said, if accuracy and criticals are too high, creatures die too fast, so exp suffers; if too low, I might as well be hitting a wall, and poof bags of health essences.

I was 100% for the idea. But today I am considering the perk. (Voted: Not yet, but I probably will.)

(But after reading asgnny's post and all the happy mixers posts)

The point of the system, (IMHO minus my old claims for 'variety') is to prevent people from

doing any single task for considerable period of time. Whether its 'training' (leveling a\d fighting a monster),

harvesting.mixing, its the to make you switch gears and find something else to do when the negatives get

bad and switch to the positive valued task. Its basically:

"shake the box" and make the rats play at the other end.

So I didn't go to "urania" until it was one the main. I was happy with it, I

was expecting 2 stones, current and future. Boy...did my jaw drop :omg: 2 stones per modifier. I thought

two kinds meant 1 for indicator and 1 for future, but its really 2 kinds per modifier ..holy crap.

[Cognitive dissonance moment]

The bad thing is, if I don't take the perk. I'll still never buy a stone, since I will graph this wave out and

know what it will be anyway.(Or is there a random value I am missing?) Yes, let us punish the math

challenged :o Or do I take the perk with the odd removal penalty? Its something like a breach of

contract fee, but I've invested so much time into my char that I'm frozen as to my next action.

Yes, an El cult member, do I drink the kool-aid or no?

But...But I'll miss the UFO if I don't! :P

I do love many other player's methods, close my eyes and pretend its not there, like

its a monster under the bed. ( :icon13: Oh its there, hairy fangs and all)

Seems like over half of the people would take it if it could be removed via #reset.

Oh quite the puzzle ain't it. :P Hmm back to my coffee.

The point of the system, (IMHO minus my old claims for 'variety') is to prevent people from

doing any single task for considerable period of time. Whether its 'training' (leveling a\d fighting a monster),

harvesting.mixing, its the to make you switch gears and find something else to do when the negatives get

bad and switch to the positive valued task. Its basically:

"shake the box" and make the rats play at the other end.

Pretty much all of my stats are negative or positive all together. When the negatives get bad, the only thing I can do is grin and bear it, or harvest without events. Having all "positive" stats winds up not being so great for fighting either, given that high criticals means more big hits, taking away monster material points. This means less exp for a trainer. Having all "negative" stats makes it more difficult to land hits (from negative accuracy & crit to hit). Extreme negatives are not so good for training either.

Hmm, all bad or good but nothing in between.

Welp, just broke 2nd Crown of Life in maybe 48hrs. (thereby trumping my old record pre-astro of 2 in a month).

So once I recover my loss, I will be taking the perk. This games expensive time wise as it is.

Unless this is just the coffee talking. :P

Hmm, all bad or good but nothing in between.

Welp, just broke 2nd Crown of Life in maybe 48hrs. (thereby trumping my old record pre-astro of 2 in a month).

Yup same here broke 2 Cols in a week (with NMT perk), not bad considering before astro my Col lasted 6 months,

I think astro is a good idea and good addition to the game but is to powerful IMO, It effects things to much, some days its virtually negates NMT perk (maybe my fault for training with bad degrade but I like to train when I feel like it and not when " Im allowed" )

So im going to give a while to see how things pan out (broken item wise) and more than likely take the skeptic perk if my stuff keeps going *poof*

shame because apart from increased item lose I like astro :(

Personally, I have a serious issue with Astrology IRL and here.

I think this was designed to be a money sink, therefore if the price of freedom is a mere 30k, I will be getting the perk as soon as it becomes financially viable for me. :(

Update:

I normally do not do things I can't undo, but this time the decision (for me) is straightforward. I raised the 30k, which hurt, but took the perk. :(

Edited by EaglePrince

I'm not liking astrogoly.

I mostly train monsters...

I now have to carry an arsenal of weapons: bone iron swd steel long s2e and tit long and ts potions because i never know what it will take for me to hit monster.

oa pts that range from 3k - 18k ea. seems way to much difference to me

and breakage that negates the nmt?

When i harvest diamonds the other night i kept breaking picks. i got mad and bought 10picks with me - in one harvest i broke 5 picks! (i only have 700 emu) this is crazy! (shouldn't nmt keep picks from breaking so easy?)

on a supposed good day points sux i have to ts down.

on a bad day i get alot more points, but have to use appropreate sword to hit.

Neither is bad experience, but it's a pain not knowing whats going to happen until i am at spawn. (i refuse to buy stones - i have to save gc to replace armor that breaks with nmt...)

I'm sure others have horror stories worse than mine, and also like others I don't want to take a perk, i can't get rid of. So I'll wait it out, in hopes that Entropy might tweak a bit, or remove/change the $500 removal fee :(

I'm not liking astrogoly.

I mostly train monsters...

I now have to carry an arsenal of weapons: bone iron swd steel long s2e and tit long and ts potions because i never know what it will take for me to hit monster.

Good! More variety and more stuff getting used! :(

Kinda missing the 'good' part about that. Those weapons are low monster drops, so nothing more to manu. And the trainers dont like filling their slots with stuff, they dont use. Then while training they just let the accu/eva potions poof :( .

Took it and enjoying the freedom.

And if the price would ever go up - I would take it again. Hate astrology in RL, and want nothing to do with it in a game. The threat of $500 for charity doesn't bother me at all.

Guest ohmygod

The other day i had VERY nice astro stats, so good in fact i could kill red dragon with no diss. I did this about 8 times.

Bad thing was i broke dragon plate and dragon greaves :P

Was fun but very costly. I will wait a bit more before deciding about taking perk or not. ATM leaning towards not taking it.