Skeptic Perk

Skeptic perk?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Have you take the Skeptic perk?

• Yes, I've already spent my 30K
    • Not yet, but I probably will.
    • Not yet, and I probably won't.
    • No, I'm not going to get it.
    • I'm afraid to (due to unknown future changes).
    • None of the above apply to me, I'll post below.

A simple poll, let's see what the numbers are looking like.

Disclaimer: I know this poll isn't that accurate, for at least two reasons: (1) it's a self-selecting poll (individuals decide if they will participate) and (2) it's not representative of the whole population (being limited to forum readers). Still, it will give us some idea of who's doing what.

Request: please keep this on-topic, there are other threads to discuss astrology itself.

Edited by bkc56

:icon13: make that 3, where are all the VOCAL astrology haters of weeks past. :pickaxe: ...vote!

worried that as soon as they take the perk Ent will make astrology better :o

I am afraid to.

Edit, since posts seem to dissapear for some reasons.

Since this game is Beta, I dont like taking something pernamently, that differs me from other players :pickaxe: .

You never know when its beta...

Edited by Manderijn

:icon13: make that 3, where are all the VOCAL astrology haters of weeks past. :pickaxe: ...vote!

worried that as soon as they take the perk Ent will make astrology better :o

Same here, I know as soon as I take it Ent's gonna do something to seriously make me wish I hadn't. So I'll just wait and see.

"No, I'm not going to get it." unless the amount of picaxes breaking really does drive me insane :pickaxe: Apart from harvest events I haven't noticed much effect yet.

I've noticed one or two of the 'vocal' astro haters talking about either playing less or leaving outright - if the people who hate this feature so much up and leave, then the results of this vote would seem to be slightly misleading ... it would be kind of like waiting until all the buffalo leave before asking a room full of bears how many want meat for lunch :o That is, if the vocal astro haters have actually left ....

As for me, I leaned more toward liking the astrology feature - I even offered a recommendation or two, along with volunteering assistance with writing astro-related text - until I figured out how the astro stones are set up to work (which was today). At this point, since I have a pretty new character, my plan is to work up the money for the perk - when I get to that point, if I've gotten used to astro or something has been done about the stones' duration, I'll just use the money for pickaxes and health essences on bad harvesting days. If I don't like it by then, I'll take the perk and - if something else is done after I've taken the perk and I like it so much I just can't stand to play without it, I'll simply start a new character. What I won't do is bitch or get overly 'vocal' about it.

My original vote for this was that I was concerned about something happening after taking the perk - I would consider that still valid, insomuch as it means I'm giving myself the time it takes to earn the gc to buy the perk to finally decide.

afraid to as well.. not basically because something cool may get added but

im still not quite sure if its better to live with the astrology or to just live as

it was before and take the perk.

I personally will never take this perk. I love astrology. It seems that every hour is a good time to do something, whether it be train, harvest, alch, etc. Its like having 3 or 4 special days at the same time, there has to be something to do that will be extra-constructive... Thanks for the poll bkc..hope we don't get any "OMG! u r teh suX30rz!!1one!"

-Shuj

Edited by Shujral

While I think the astrology gives the game an amazing twist in so many ways, I actually forsee myself taking the perk soon. My reasons have nothing to do with how it is or anything. Simply my inability to keep it all straight or remember correlations between effects.

I also know, with Ent's sense of humor, it is extremely likely he has a hidden *uber* card up his sleeve waiting on a certain amount of people to take the perk before he implements some uber astrology related awesomeness.

If so, then it will be up to me to determine if it's worth the fine to have the perk removed. lol.

The game is always changing which makes a decision that cannot be removed or changed without a huge penalty a very risky move. I'm a risk taker, but this is not something I wish to gamble just yet. I don't believe I will be taking the perk anytime soon because "I'm afraid to (due to unknown future changes)."

Not taking any perk that costs $500 to remove cause you never know what's going to happen. As soon as I had given away or sold a bunch of plants, the Irsis flower store came along. Just as an example. If you can't get rid of a perk by resetting, I won't take it, even if it means that I have to carry an extra pick or four during those bad harv horoscope times.

lilbear

Edit: after reading some of the later posts I just want to clarify that I don't think Entropy plans on tricking us all or has other evil intents. I simply believe that there are things even Ent doesn't know. Yes! He may have ideas and plans for game development, but I bet he still has new ideas all the time. So, one of the not-yet-known ideas may influence astrology.

Edited by LilBear

As I was saying in a previous thread, there will not be any significant changes in the astrology, except for implementing the two unused values (failure and magic), and maybe some SMALL adjustments, nothing really life changing.

The only other thing that might change is having some other astrology affecting values, such as affecting the chance to flee from combat, items loss when you die, etc. But that's not something I really have in mind, although I am not excluding the possibility of adding those things later on.

Oh, and there is another thing I might add, but I will make the players vote for it, and I think the vote will be negative, so I won't bother. That thing is adding a random sign to some high level monsters. so that the astrology will affect them as well. This, however, would not be dependent on whether you took the perk or not.

Anyway, the idea is simple: If you like how the astorlogy is implemented, don't take the perk. If you don't like it, take the perk. No cards in my sleave, no tricks.

Anyway, the idea is simple: If you like how the astorlogy is implemented, don't take the perk. If you don't like it, take the perk. No cards in my sleave, no tricks.

I don't think most people are worried about a "trick", but changes happen with intentional or unintentional side effects. Consider how the addition of variable visibility and use of the perception cross attribute caused some people to reset to re-distribute pick points.

I think less people would assume the worst-case scenario if the perk could be removed for an appropriate fee like 100K gc rather than a seemingly retributive $500 fee. That's still expensive enough to force people to consider if they really want the perk, but not prohibitively so.

Besides, aren't we always on the lookout for new gc sinks to remove "excess" cash? :)

I think less people would assume the worst-case scenario if the perk could be removed for an appropriate fee like 100K gc

I am sure they would.

rather than a seemingly retributive $500 fee.

It's not seemingly. It's a "put your money where your mouth is" fee.

Besides, aren't we always on the lookout for new gc sinks to remove "excess" cash? :)

I am sure that some charities can use 350 bucks and Uncle Sam can use 130 bucks, the rest being the PayPal fee.

The only other thing that might change is having some other astrology affecting values, such as affecting the chance to flee from combat, items loss when you die, etc.

Cool !!!

Also about the monsters having astrology affect them, will we be made privvy to their sign? :) that would rock

Btw i flamed astrology a bit in the past, But it has come to grow on me, i actually enjoy it now , so i wont be using the perk

>>//~~In-Game Name Knuckles~~\\<<

Edited by mufossa