Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fadewillows

A New Monster for EL?

I was playing about with this weeks DAZ Freebie and a thought entered, hmmm maybe this wee beastie could make a new monster idea for EL. rofl

Well I think hes pretty darn cool - what do you guys think?

It is named the Dinokonda but I call the picture

The Guardians

TheGuardians.jpg

Fade Willow

Again some awesome Work Hun.

Hope you dont mind some critique ^^

Im a little bit confused by the shadows of your work.

basically your light seems to come from the left side but still the

creatures show shadows in the back of your pic. Of course there can

be multiple Lightsources but mainly they are not same as dark shadows.

and since the shadow on the ground is allready dark the one in the back

seems a bit missplaced.

Anyways. Awesome work on the Scene again =) i always like to see work from you =)

I think it looks really cool - reminds me in some ways of the creature from Species, and in other ways from the Medusa in Clash of the Titans - good job :icon13:

Please pardon my ignorance, what is a DAZ?

I think it looks really cool - reminds me in some ways of the creature from Species, and in other ways from the Medusa in Clash of the Titans - good job :icon13:

Please pardon my ignorance, what is a DAZ?

DAZ Studio is a free graphics programme, it is like Poser if you have herd of that, but better :) it alowes you to make pictures as I have by adding figures, cloths, hair, lights and of course nasty beasties :icon13: rofl

Fade

Awesome! I'm looking into this program as I type, lol - thank you for the information :icon13:

Here are a couple more veiws for you in thumbnails

th_TheGuardians2.jpg

th_TheGuardians3.jpg

Grimnir? if you decide to download DAZ I have a help and :icon13: suport group for newbies to DAZ your quite welcome to come and join us http://groups.msn.com/DAZaholics im sure we can help you out.

And those of you who wanted character portraits hmmmmm me is still waiting for the screanies lol :icon13:

Fade Willow

Think you could make something with this? :icon13:

Thanks.

-Blee

I'm not sure if it is possible... The women in the pictures would have to crouch to hug you this way ;p

Think you could make something with this? :icon13:

Thanks.

-Blee

I will try my best for you, I only have 2 beard props and I dont know if I can alter them suficiantly to suit your face but I will go have a try.

Fade

BLEE

This is what I can do for the cave and base - bare in mind there is NO lighting or magic effects added yet its JUST a base repren of what I can do.

If its not to your liking I would rather you tell me now so I can stop :icon13: however if it is ok I will carry on with it later in the week.

Fade

th_sampleblee.jpg

Grimnir? if you decide to download DAZ I have a help and :hug: suport group for newbies to DAZ your quite welcome to come and join us http://groups.msn.com/DAZaholics im sure we can help you out.

Fade Willow

Thank you very much for the information and the offer! I've downloaded DAZ and will likely install it tomorrow, check it out and then look into your MSN group (I'll need to set up an account first, though) :(

Just short suggestion, why not to use Edit?

A - because I am used to diferent forums.

B - I am dyslexic and have trouble understanding some ways to do things and have a slight memory problem.

Blee, no problem I will keep working on it, I think I have found a way to add some leg bones and I have just bought some cool magic efects that should look rather good with this peice.

I have a slight backlog of things to make for people but will continue with yours over the wekend as I find it a chalenge and fun, thank you

Fade

Just short suggestion, why not to use Edit?

A - because I am used to diferent forums.

B - I am dyslexic and have trouble understanding some ways to do things and have a slight memory problem.

You're using this forums at this time and it is in common here to edit your post and not to double post. Editing your post requires two actions, clicking on the Edit button and decidign whether you're going for Quick edit (it would be good to know a bit about formatting in forums) or for Full edit option with full interface. Dyslexy is not any kind of excuse to avoid editting, in any terms.

I would really appreciate if you follow the rules and customs of this forums. In other case instead of merging your posts I will be forced to start deleting them.

Regards

Edited by Anshar

You're using this forums at this time and it is in common here to edit your post and not to double post. Editing your post requires two actions, clicking on the Edit button and decidign whether you're going for Quick edit (it would be good to know a bit about formatting in forums) or for Full edit option with full interface. Dyslexy is not any kind of excuse to avoid editting, in any terms.

I would really appreciate if you follow the rules and customs of this forums. In other case instead of merging your posts I will be forced to start deleting them.

Regards

to Anshar:*sighs* i wouldnt care consequences when i tell what i think of you. but on the other side i love posting in this forums so i wont comment on you further.

to Fade: I hope to see more work of you on Forums once in a while =) you know i like your Rendering and

it may give me ideas on some new pics as well =) i think you wanted to make a portrait of me too. i dont know if i gave you a link yet but if not here it is, im really curious how it will turn out =)

Me in Full Dragon Armor

Keep up the good work hun

Edited by Scorpius

Sorry Scorp hunny , I have had it now with this place.

I can be found at my MSN Group or my new under constuction http://fade-willow.piczo.com which will have its own forum. Somewhere I can post what I like where I like without getting upset or nagged at. or you can e-mail me at fade_willow@hotmail.co.uk

For your information Anshar -

Do not ever tell ANYONE that dyslexia is not an exuce. You obviously know nothing about it or indeed what problems it can cause people - it afects people in diferent ways. How dare you attack a persons mind!! you know nothing about. i am not a young flighty thing i am indeed a 38 year old woman with manors and feelings. I sugest you go do some homework on Dyslexia and the diferent ways it can afect people and lern to tolerate and understand the diferences people have in the real world.

I am very upset with this, for one thing there was for once in these forums ...

NO flaming

No swaring

NO backbiting

No slagging off the mods

No slagging of the game owners

No slaging off the game

it was a nice quioet happy thread until now. I have never been talked to or treated like this in any other place. Some people here have no manors at all, its just attitude all the way. I left the game itself because of the Attitute problems and now I wont be posting in the forums anymore. It makes me very angry.

Im sorry to others who read this and Blee I will continue to do your picture but I will PM you rather than post if that is ok. Scorp I am still trying to make the dragon armor, its proving to be quite a tough one for me and I am having to lern modling to make it, please bare with me.

Fade

This is a PM I've sent to FadeWillows:

Greets,

I never meant to make you this upset, but I personally know several people with dyslexia, one being a very dear close friend, so I understand the trials and difficulties. I admire them working hard to overcome all problems and difficulties in their life. I admire them living with this disorder not asking for any special treatment, no matter how harsh the life is for them.

I'm working with many young people at university. I'm witnessing dyslexia becoming an easy solution for pretty everything. That's why abusing it drives me very upset. In my opinion using, this very easy excuse, is an insult towards all people that are trying to deal with their problems.

~Anshar

Try to see my point, please.