Eternal Lands Official Forums
Miiks

EL not working.

I dont get EL work. I just moved to new apartment and EL is not working anymore. It was working in house, I played before. It's cable modem in here, so would it be reason? I think it can't be firewall that blocks EL, because it was working before and I havent done any options to firewall after moving.

It went to window where I could log in, but when I wrote my name and password, it didnt do anything.

Edited by Miiks

Try this:

Open a dos box/command line or whatever (start-> execute -> "cmd.exe"), then type

telnet game.eternal-lands.com 2000

Do you see the welcome message of the EL server or just a blank screen?

If its a blank screen, something (firewall, network, router) blocks port 2000 for you.

Piper

Try this:

Open a dos box/command line or whatever (start-> execute -> "cmd.exe"), then type

telnet game.eternal-lands.com 2000

Do you see the welcome message of the EL server or just a blank screen?

If its a blank screen, something (firewall, network, router) blocks port 2000 for you.

Piper

Yea it doesn't give welcome message. But Norton or windows firewall is not blocking it. Maybe it's network. Think I can't do anything with it then :/ Let's see if it will work later.

Hmm now after I waited some time, welcome message came, but right after it dissonnected from server.

And it says something like GL_*_point_sprite extension not found. Dont know if that is important thing. It has always said that something is not working and EL works anyway :icon13:

Edited by Miiks

lol deinstall that newbish norton :P

EDIT: typo

Dont think it would help. It was working normally before even with norton. But now when I moved here it's not working anymore :)

Wtf?! Now I dont understand anything. I moved whole EL folder to desktop from program files and now test server is working O.o But I still cant log in to "real" server. Any idea what is problem? :D

Wtf?! Now I dont understand anything. I moved whole EL folder to desktop from program files and now test server is working O.o But I still cant log in to "real" server. Any idea what is problem? :P

Something is blocking port 2000 for you. That might be a firewall, an anti virus tool, your network administrator or whatever.

Piper

Wtf?! Now I dont understand anything. I moved whole EL folder to desktop from program files and now test server is working O.o But I still cant log in to "real" server. Any idea what is problem? :P

Sounds like you have a firewall, antivirus issue.

Weird thing is that test server was not working when I had EL folder in program files (or then I did something wrong).

Btw it should not be firewall, because I tried to shut it down and then play EL, but still didnt work. But at least I can play at test server now :P

Damn I almost got a life while wasnt playing EL. Hopefully dont get it work at this time too rofl.

Well, there is nothing we can do to help you.

If you cant find out what blocks port 2000 for you, you wont be able to play on the port 2000 server.

So check for virus tools, firewalls, talk to your network admin or your isp, if they block port 2000 for you.

Piper

Ok, after our chat on the test server, its really your problem, that you cant use port 2000.

To show you, thats it not EL specific, try this:

open a dos box/command line or however its called in your installation and then type:

telnet the-green-leaf.de 2000

You *should* see the opening screen of a MUD, but i guess, you would see nothing.

That is for if some admin/ISP tells you, its a problem with EternalLands. It isnt. You cant use/reach port 2000 and thats what you must fix :P

And while youre working on that, go and test the NPC's on the test server! :hehe:

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

Ok, after our chat on the test server, its really your problem, that you cant use port 2000.

To show you, thats it not EL specific, try this:

open a dos box/command line or however its called in your installation and then type:

You *should* see the opening screen of a MUD, but i guess, you would see nothing.

That is for if some admin/ISP tells you, its a problem with EternalLands. It isnt. You cant use/reach port 2000 and thats what you must fix :lurker:

And while youre working on that, go and test the NPC's on the test server! :w00t:

Piper

That telnet command is not working on my dos box... But my friend said to make some other command, that shows if I can access EL and it said that I can send data there and receive data from there. But I dont know does it matter. I dont understand much about computers B)

pac

Anyway I'm anti at test server too, so I think I could not help much with NPCs... or could I?

Btw now I remember that command... it was "ping eternal-lands.com". It says I sent 4 packets (or what they are called) and received 4 too. And missed 0.

Edited by Miiks

ping does not test port 2000

try the command(s) Piper listed typed in where you typed in the ping command to see if you can reach port 2000 on any server.

Pinging eternal-lands.com is like ringing the common doorbell on an appartment building, you might get a response but have not reached the people you want to visit.

ping does not test port 2000

try the command(s) Piper listed typed in where you typed in the ping command to see if you can reach port 2000 on any server.

Pinging eternal-lands.com is like ringing the common doorbell on an appartment building, you might get a response but have not reached the people you want to visit.

Those commands are not working on my computer.

What commands? There is only one.

You need to run that command in:

a dos box/command line

So, look on the Start menu for "Command Prompt" and when the black box opens, type the above command and look at the output. If it doesn't work, then tell us the exact error you get.

What commands? There is only one.

You need to run that command in:

a dos box/command line

So, look on the Start menu for "Command Prompt" and when the black box opens, type the above command and look at the output. If it doesn't work, then tell us the exact error you get.

I know but it is not working. I open dos box and write that and there cames text that there's not such command like telnet.

And that other command was thing, that the_piper gave earlier... something like telnet eternal-lands.com 2000. It was not working too.

Edited by Miiks

I open dos box and write that and there cames text that there's not such command like telnet.

Errr.... what version of Windows are you running?

Now I got telnet working :o

When I made telnet game.eternal-lands.com 2000, it was first just black screen, but when I waited some time, I got welcome message, but right after it it said that I disconnected from server. Just like in EL too.

That green leaf thing doesn't say anything. Just black screen.

And yea I have vista.

Edited by Miiks

Now I got telnet working :)

\ö/

When I made telnet game.eternal-lands.com 2000, it was first just black screen, but when I waited some time, I got welcome message, but right after it it said that I disconnected from server. Just like in EL too.

Ok, when i do that, i see the welcome message and nothing more happens until i kill the telnet connection. at least not for a lot of seconds. I dont get disconnected at once, you do.

That green leaf thing doesn't say anything. Just black screen.

What i expected :whistle:

My last idea is your norton antivirus. Read this:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25559

If that doesnt help, uninstall norton and get another virus scanner and install it. Here is one for example, a free one: http://www.free-av.com/

Others are available too, just google.

Piper

Not working even I did all those things.

I will buy new virus control soon... I just had norton already installed on this computer, when I bought it. It had 3 moths licence. Still 53 days left :whistle: Don't know if I buy new virus control before it has gone. I think I will buy F-secure. I don't trust free virus programs/firewalls :)

Not working even I did all those things.

I will buy new virus control soon... I just had norton already installed on this computer, when I bought it. It had 3 moths licence. Still 53 days left :whistle: Don't know if I buy new virus control before it has gone. I think I will buy F-secure. I don't trust free virus programs/firewalls :)

Norton is well known for causing problems, often by following the instructions The_Piper linked to you can adjust Norton to allow EL full access without removing it.

I seem to be having the same problem. Telnet is installed, I dont have norton, i have AVG, and windows firewall is off, and I still cant seem to connect to the server. When I go through the command prompt, it works, but not in the game. any ideas? :icon13:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.