Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gizz

cannot log in

I understand what you are saying and I will no longer speak for them. I just felt that this in part my fault because I am the person that created many of those huge bags for them to mule out. I don't know if that can be seen from your logs but, when I came back to EL in January, all I did was mainly harvest huge quantities of ingredients and then give the ingredients to them as gifts of friendship. I have gained almost 26 harvest levels since January but only 4-5 a/d levels in that time due to the massive amount of harvesting that I have done for them. I asked them to mule out the items for me and when we meet at storage for them to give it to me, I never show up, lol. It is just one of the things that I enjoy doing in this game since I have been back.

I understand that I can not see the logs and this may not be what you are talking about at all but I just wanted you to understand why I feel compelled to defend my friends and myself in this incident. I no longer have my old harvest quantity statistics, due to buying a new computer, but I am sure that you can see even now that my harvesting to monster kills is completely lopsided. Please look at my storage to note that I don't have hardly any of those ingredients that I have harvested in my storage.

**joking** I think the main reason for all of this is that you are scared that I will one day pass your harvest level while you are dealing with this black hole portion of the forums. **joking** lol.

But in all truthfulness, I do not envy your job here on this forum and I have the utmost respect for all the work you put into this game.

Doc

*edit: I may have restarted my EL life in December, I can not remember the exact date, but please feel free to check and compare my harvesting quantity with what has happened.

Edited by Doc_Savage

Question: If the bot Bene was to include code to allow it to function as a guild storage bot And a trade bot and maintain a stationary location, would that be legal? My understanding is that trade bots and storage bots are both paid and that the main difference is that trade bots can go buy things 1-2 times a week where a storage bot must stand still. Please let me know if I am wrong.

If Bene could be a storage bot And a trade bot, there would be no need for using a player controlled character.....although it may require manual stocking if I understand things right.

Bene is really not part of this problem except for the fact that we were doing this to raise his emu. We had a guild project to make 10k steel bars that we were going to turn into hydro bars. Our first objective was to gather all of the ingredients and that would not be possible on Bene as he has low emu. We used an alt char of one of our guildies to store all of the 10k steel bar ingredients. After that was finished the alt char doled out portions of the ingredients to each player that wanted to alch the bars and then we gave the bars that we made either back to the alt or to our manuer gizz. We had no idea that this process was illegal. I do understand where this could/should be considered cheating however I believe the other accusations are warrantless.

Doc

Ok I am going to say this again:

There were other issues than the illegal guild storage character. I looked back into logs from July 6 2006 and found huge issues even then, which is WAY before VERO guild even existed. Also considering what guild they came from, I find it amazingly hard to believe they did not know the rules. Stop pinning everything on ignorance and VERO guild projects, that simply is not the entire story.

I am locking this thread now, if anybody has any new, relevant FACTS with proof, I will listen, pm me. I will not respond to "omg0zrs they are nice people and had no idea!!111" or the like.

Doc_Savage unlocked with a no-alts restriction, unless it is a legally paid for storage character or trade bot.

Killashandra unlocked with an item wipe, with a no-alts restriction, including shared/borrowed/bought characters.

Gizzmo unlocked with an item wipe, with a no-alts restriction, including shared/borrowed/bought characters.

Please read the rules, they apply to everyone, in all circumstances. Not reading them is nobody's fault but your own, they are not hard to find. And as always, "ignorance" is no excuse, if indeed it does actually exist in this case or others.