Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

Confused about astrology

I decided to create a new thread since the other one is on the edge of turning onto a flame-fest.

OK, so I've been watching my stat changes with the #da command and reading every post on the astrology system. My one char is pretty finely tuned for training at his current level. p/c is low and he trains on ogres with no weapons. From what I understand of the astrology system:

If my stats are down, I can't train on ogres because they will be to hard. There's no use in moving to a lower-level creature because the experience rate/minute is to low (that's why I moved up in the first place).

If my stats are up, I could in theory move up, but my p/c is still low and a little extra a/d bonus isn't going to compensate for the higher p/c of harder critters. And if I stay on ogres, the bonus will help me kill them even faster (I kill them a bit to fast as it is now) which also means less exp/minute as I wait for spawns..

Add in the degrade rate. If it's "bad", I may not want to train anyway because I really don't want to break more stuff (I tend to use iron, but still I don't want to break it).

So it SEEMS that the best time to train is when most of the attributes are around 90 (no change) which doesn't often happen at a time that's convenient for me to play/train. Of course the #da command makes it easy to check everything. It could get expensive when that's removed and we need to use stones.

So, can someone help me understand what I'm doing wrong? I'm suppose to be able to use this system to my advantage at least some of the time, but I can't figure out how.

Of course the harvesting side is easier to figure out. When the event rate is up, I bring HEs because I know I'm going to take a LOT of hits. When the rate is down, I can spend more time reading and posting on the forums because I won't get interrupted as much. Guess what my event rate is now? :)

Have you tried ogres on a bad day ? if they are to hard maybe try using a weak sword etc instead of box/bone.. and on a good day do the same move up to armed orcs and use a sword (if they are to hard to hit) .

maybe im lucky at the moment on cycs the only differance i have noticed so far on a bad day is that I use more restores but thats magic xp so not to bad, on a good day my xp is down a bit but nothing worth complaining about.

think its a balancing act between sword/box/bone depending on the day

Have you tried ogres on a bad day ? if they are to hard maybe try using a weak sword etc instead of box/bone.. and on a good day do the same move up to armed orcs and use a sword (if they are to hard to hit) .

maybe im lucky at the moment on cycs the only differance i have noticed so far on a bad day is that I use more restores but thats magic xp so not to bad, on a good day my xp is down a bit but nothing worth complaining about.

i think what he is asking is how to benifit not how to cope, this system is supposed to give educated user an advantage not more magic exp and less a/d exp

i think what he is asking is how to benifit not how to cope, this system is supposed to give educated user an advantage not more magic exp and less a/d exp

benifit aha lol, learnt how to cope but havent learnt how to benifit yet :) apart from on a good day I can move up to fluffs but thats with a tit-sword so no real benifit in the xp side of it

When u got nice + ts urself to -10a/d or at least -10attack and full def, train at negative food lvl. U should get more oa exp per hour( not much more but still more).

When u got big - u can go harv or use more expensive armors, change uni med to moon med( moon med is way better from MoL even tho so much cheaper), use tit shield+bone. Exp also should be ok.

Negative atributes from astro r also great for pvp, if u find some1 with negative atributes to pvp u will make very easy and cheap exp.

mp

i like the astro sign stuff very much coz its fun :w00t: even tho i dont understand everything in it :D but 1 thing that bugs me is the harvest events... at some point, like it was today for me, i didn't get a single harvest event for more then 5 hours.. its kinda boring :) maybe lower that stuff? :)