Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fedora

Harvesting Books and Med

I'm not a professional harvester but since i'm busy studying in RL i'm doing a lot of afk harvesting :icon13: . While hanging in the cotton fields in PV i come up with an idea. It could be nice to have a book for every resource that decrease the its harvesting time.

I know this can blow up the economy but i think it can be tweaked nicely: to get the bonus after reading the book you have to wear the harv med (which is pretty useless atm, i think). Making it less cheap (about 10k), hardcore harvester will increase their income but also their outcome (it could break more often) so things are balanced. On the other side, lazy harvesters like me can stick to the old and slow harvesting way getting less resources. Both kind of harvester will sell their lot at the same prices in the end.

So why adding this feature if nothing changes? :omg:

I think crafter will be more interested in making harv meds, professional harvesters will be less likely to be afk and having more resources faster (but not cheaper) makes everyone happy :icon13:

Just an idea...

(which is pretty useless atm, i think)

The harvest med is great, but it's weakness is the high break rate. Any suggestion based on harvest meds with their current break rate is going to have problems being widely used.

In relation to break rate and popularity of harv med, I think I see this idea working towards making them more popular despite their break-rate. They will still be a pain, breaking so easy, but atleast they will have more advantage in wearing them which should attract more users.

The downside is that we already have excavator perk and cape for double resource, so perhaps this will deter developers from increasing resource-gathering speed further. Done subtley through the use of books, however (something like 5% inc speed, 10% if we're lucky), I think this idea could be quite cool.

The fact that harvest medalions are so expensive and break so easily should make the overuse of this facility nigh impossible, and with the astro now present in harvest event frequency, it would place even more player effort on finding a low-events timeslot in which to harvest using the med.

The fact that harvest medalions are so expensive and break so easily should make the overuse of this facility nigh impossible, and with the astro now present in harvest event frequency, it would place even more player effort on finding a low-events timeslot in which to harvest using the med.

Or to avoid overuse it is also possible to impose a high nexus (inorganic? human?) to use the harv med, like the artificer cape for mixers. If tweaked well it is possible to make harvesting a not so boring and rewarding profession.