Eternal Lands Official Forums
Stricken

How to make money

so as you can see its not true that training can not give a profit infact If my sign is negative I go to a double ogre spawn and I make atleast 20k gc / 2 hours cause of all the items. the exp is bad compared to armed orcs but its profitable.

my 4 cents

IMHO this is not true.

In my el life I have killed average of 5000 ogre, which is not much compared to some. I had a triple spawn 25% of the time and the most I had ever made per hour by gc is about 2-3k. My luck may be bad in some cases but I hardly ever (1 in 100 ogre) got rare drops. I have given up trying to make money in EL and actually don't play often at all, or am AFK most of the time. I have tried steel bars on IotF, but that didn't profit me enough for the amount of time I put into it, IMO. The best way of getting (though the topic is not getting, but "making") money in EL is to purchase it for RL $. I am still looking for a good seller of gc if there is any out there. :)

My humble cent of opinion

Saint

I agree with Saint (intresting name <.<) i also didnt get more than 2-3kgc an hour when i was on ogre even with triple spawn... but i suppose some people just get very lucky with cape drops.

Guest Trojan_Knight

another prob is the monster drops are so low it's funny,, c'mon 3gc from a yeti kill? doesn't make it worth it to pull the armor out of storage in my opinion,,even if they dropped 20gc it isn't worth the kill gold wise. need to up the coin drops on all mobs to make fighting / training worth it. there can never be too much coin in any game you play.

Adaanu

I completely agree with this.. Though not up to date on current drop rates in game. However, with the difficulties of a animal / monster for example. Imo I think that the increase of gc drops should be a more regular basis. How much gc does a mc drop for example on a regular basis? Then compare that to a orge, or clops.. Imo its silly.

there is something called an economy. the more money that goes in the more it needs to go out. otherwise its really easy to buy all the fancy gear and it will become common while it is intended to be uncommon.

as for fighting/training not being profitable its not true if you know what you are doing.

I train in tit chain, aug leather pants,iron greaves, tit shield col and NMT on armed orcs female and male. I have 83/82 a/d and atm 20/28/12/12 p/c/w/v (reset) and I make 4-6 k GC a run easely without breaking more then a few bones and maybe 1 or 2 aug leather pants. with that 4-6k gc I can easely replace the 40 SR"s and the 140 HE I used. not to mention I make them myself so I only need GC for FP's.

so as you can see its not true that training can not give a profit infact If my sign is negative I go to a double ogre spawn and I make atleast 20k gc / 2 hours cause of all the items. the exp is bad compared to armed orcs but its profitable.

my 4 cents

The economy has been screwed up for a long time. Your a long time player, as I was. We've seen changes, etc etc etc. But yet always remained was most thought the economy was always a little screwy. I have a simple question, how long does "your run" last? I'm guessing possible a couple hours or so.. Long ago like 2yrs + what ya stated in the above was a possible farm off ogres / trolls. Cuz of the cloak drops. Before I quit, they weren't dropping like old times. But I'm not stating that a level 80+ cant farm a gob for example for a week and not get rich with time. I was refering to more less if your new, newer, just starting, or a little more expierenced then the guy that has 18 a/d. Because those are the people that are going to either stop playing, or remain here to play. Those are the people that will determine how big of a success this game is or not.

And lastly about the economy, so what if theres more money coming in, which results in possibly more going out. Unless you believe in keeping the rich, rich. And the poor, poorer? I honestly don't see any problem with everyone having max uber armor for example. Those that sell it cheap, blame it on them. For the people have the right to choose what they will sell etc for.

~TK

I think there is no point in complaining now.

There was good money source for fighters= realtively weak yetis with awesome drops.

Ppl trained hard, often took full pack of neg perks just to be able to taste that cake.

Since they were changed fighters will get poorer( top fighters mainly coz other pure fighters were poor anyways :omg: ).

That means armors/weapons( yup, also enchanted ones) bought for less, and also nexus removal stones, bought for less.

But, if such a change was made there had to be a reason for it( my guess would be- yetis were crowled, most ppl killed them with human6 swords, for money).

mp

many n44b fighters are power hungry and dont develop a strategy, so they get anti perk before yeti and cutting off easiest source of gc for trainig supplies (blue lupines, trik npc)

thats why they are poor, anyway you can get both good gc and decent xp

the changes in drops i think are a way off getting fighters to do something other than a/d

anyway i make money from training cause i make my own supplies (2 inorg+4vegetal nexus)

- Hydro

Edited by Takeru

lol, im not intrested in afk harvesting, if i want to play i play and not go afk..i was a fighter,but i cant make a living from it, wich i dont understand..people who train chims get basicly the same amount of gold as a noob on orcs

lol, im not intrested in afk harvesting, if i want to play i play and not go afk..i was a fighter,but i cant make a living from it, wich i dont understand..people who train chims get basicly the same amount of gold as a noob on orcs

Actually, since ppl on chims need expensive armors, so gold for replace them if they break, they get even worse money from n00bs on orc.

And for any1 saying " go kill trolls for drops", trolls got sucky drops, u get better gc while afk harving than from killing trolls on tripple spawn.

And look how many clicks r needed for 1 hour of killing trolls, compared to 1 hour of afk-titanium harvesting :omg:

Also keep in mind that no1 can steal ur tittanium ore spawn, like ppl can(and often do) with monster spawns :D

If 20 ppl want to make money on titanium ore on the same time they can w/o a problem, if 20 ppl want to make money on killing monsters they have to serp eachother spawns.

mp

Actually, since ppl on chims need expensive armors, so gold for replace them if they break, they get even worse money from n00bs on orc.

And for any1 saying " go kill trolls for drops", trolls got sucky drops, u get better gc while afk harving than from killing trolls on tripple spawn.

And look how many clicks r needed for 1 hour of killing trolls, compared to 1 hour of afk-titanium harvesting :D

Also keep in mind that no1 can steal ur tittanium ore spawn, like ppl can(and often do) with monster spawns :D

If 20 ppl want to make money on titanium ore on the same time they can w/o a problem, if 20 ppl want to make money on killing monsters they have to serp eachother spawns.

mp

amen, all this is true.

But personally ive grown used to afk harving for my gc... i can make my 1mil exp a day from 2hours training (if u dont know how i do it, u dont need to know :D ) and the rest of the time i play, i afk harv and it takes me about 90mins to regain the gc i lost in that 2hours of training... i also TRY to pk when i get really bored... but since there is no1 in pk except 2-3 merc harvers, and 2-3 totally negged yeti trainers and maybe 1 fluff trainer(who diss/tele's when i attack him), which i find in about 3-4hours of checking every pk area :omg: ...

Guest Trojan_Knight

Thats what I'm talking about. Which ever skill someone chooses to be a part of. Then that skill alone should be able to pay for the things you need or want.

And look how many clicks r needed for 1 hour of killing trolls, compared to 1 hour of afk-titanium harvesting :)

Also keep in mind that no1 can steal ur tittanium ore spawn, like ppl can(and often do) with monster spawns :P

mp

When I came back from server crash long ago as this char. I did all kinds of harvesting, alching, etc. Back then drops were a lot more profitable. On both the bag and events aquired..

Trolls and all that back then were profitable. And as you know now or a few weeks ago from what I recall. They are not nearly as close as profitable. But your right, no one can steal your harvesting / mixing spawn. But yet if your a ebul pkR.. Why should you have to harvest titanium to make a profit.

In the above, like I stated I use to do a lot of alching, harvesting etc in my days.. I found like stated earlier by others that iron ore, titanium, coal as harvestables are probally the main profit aquiring harvestables. HE's, FE's, AE's where the main easy profits for me other then bars. I don't know about potions. But I do know that when cool down was implimented I spent a lot in fp's. Then red toad stools I could see being a possible money maker too now? Also if your uber leveled, maybe hydro could be your thing. So that makes me think that maybe s2e's could be a profit now, unsure? Could try to farm the red dragon scale as a fighter. But I think there are only a handfull or so of people that can do that on a regular basis.

~TK

The bes way to make gc is to make a lot of what ever u are making even if it's just fe's for starters make at least a k and then sell them I'm learning the asset thing 2 keep money flowing but MAKE somthing and hone your skills with quantity of items it only get's easyier as u go on Yea u can't bank on stones cuz it's random just make a skill good focus on crafting or alc and again THE MORE U MAKE THE BETTER U GET AT IT AND THE MORE GC U MAKE FOR LARGE QUANTITYS IF ITEMS no one gets rich selling 40 he's to pepa every half an hour;)