Eternal Lands Official Forums
Stricken

How to make money

1. Hustle

2. Scam

3. Lucky in PK.

4. Hustle. (again)

Those 3 things, and you can make enough money when you need it.

What works for me is: take neg perks like power hungry, scotty died, and antisocial,put it into fighting stats, go train st00f till u get to 60 oa or so (doesnt take long at all, ive made an alt for DP arena and its quite fast), then put everything into phys/coord.. after that, if u dont have inorganic nexus, go afk harv coal in WS Diamond cave and haul to NC... if u do hav 2 inorg nexus go harv iron in EVTR... i can make ~7kgc an hour on iron ore without having a gigantic EMU, and i can do other stuff while my char is harving.

Other n00bish option: take all the neg perk except hellspawn/antisocial, put it all into phys and harv blue lupines till u hav enough gc for what u want to do, then reset and build char like option 1.

Make me 20k water ess. I'll pay you 120k gc, the ingreds are free and they only take fruit and a few toads...

All you need is patience :)

And a book or two on mining - which I'm reading today :( Do you have any time restraints on this, as it might take me a couple days?

harv coal like I do, 10 hours per day for 3 days, then u have enought to buy you what u need... and if u get lucky you get rostos/binding and maybe nexul removal stone :( ( not my luck here, 100k coal harved, not a single stone ) :)

I only make money when I really need it. More fun just to trade for stuff and sell only when you must. And please, if you want to be good at anything in life, you have to put a bit of effort into it. Money doesn't grow on trees, ripe for the picking. You have to mine the gold out of the ground and mold it. :happy:

I only make money when I really need it. More fun just to trade for stuff and sell only when you must. And please, if you want to be good at anything in life, you have to put a bit of effort into it. Money doesn't grow on trees, ripe for the picking. You have to mine the gold out of the ground and mold it. :happy:

Yep. I spend most of my days with less than 10k gc. When I need more, I break out the pickaxe and go after iron. I only make what I need for the next project / book or whatever. It takes some time - months in some cases as I dont spend a lot of hours in game - but I get it done.

Set yourself some goals. Not something silly like get rich, because that is meaningless. A goal like getting a COL or a special weapon or piece of armour. Then use the tools at your disposal to go after it. Right now your tools are a bit smaller so it will take some time. That will change by the very nature of the game. You can buy the same piece of equipment harvesting snapdragons as harvesting exotic metals; one way just takes a bit longer.

You don't have to take the longest road, but there are no really good shortcuts.

Sell silver to Agneum :P

Cost: a few pickaxes and an excavator cape.

Profit: 1 gc per ore (2 gc per harvest with excavator cape)

----------------------------------

Buy silver from Agneum and resell it for around 33% instant profit :(

Cost: around 1.3gc per ore and a little time to haul the ores from Agneum to storage

Profit: around .7 gc per ore reselling on market

Buy silver from Agneum and make health essences

Cost: around 1.3gc per ore and a little time to haul the ores from Agneum to storage, Chrysanthemums are easy to harvest

Profit: around 4 gc per health essence selling on market and nice experience at the same time

Yeah I'm biased but a lot of players do exactly that to make money :D

Sell silver to Agneum :P

Cost: a few pickaxes and an excavator cape.

Profit: 1 gc per ore (2 gc per harvest with excavator cape)

Buy silver from Agneum and resell it for around 33% instant profit :(

Cost: around 1.3gc per ore and a little time to haul the ores from Agneum to storage

Profit: around .7 gc per ore reselling on market

Buy silver from Agneum and make health essences

Cost: around 1.3gc per ore and a little time to haul the ores from Agneum to storage, Chrysanthemums are easy to harvest

Profit: around 4 gc per health essence selling on market and nice experience at the same time

Yeah I'm biased but a lot of players do exactly that to make money :D

I do that, but I mine my own silver. and once in a while I even make more profit since I get a stone or 2.

but in general selling HE's is easiest way for good money and also nice exp. when I reset I usually make up to 10k HE or more and end up selling atleast 50% of it.

Theres alot of good ideas here that'll work for you.

But honestly, I think that when you can afford whatever you want, your at the right level.

For example: I started out doing lilacs (not even BL, ebul bob) and was able to buy leather armor. That was all I needed, it would take me a hour or so, but I could do it.

Now at higher levels, I can spend that same hour and get atleast 10x more from scratch.

At the 30's you dont need steel plate. Dont even try for it, you'll just be stuck with low levels and end up wearing it only for show anyway. (like I did with iron plate back in the day :P)

If you're still going for it, harvest titanium every hour for experince, but then continue to train/alc etc. during the hour. If you wear excavator cloak, that titanium will add up and you can sell it to WS blacksmtih for 2.5gc each.

~kGn

There are basic ways of making GC, Harvesting etc, but luck is the main factor, without it you'll make basic gc, with it you can make 10x more.

There are basic ways of making GC, Harvesting etc, but luck is the main factor, without it you'll make basic gc, with it you can make 10x more.

You're right. And speaking of luck, that reminds me...

Before I started useing LEs and ELEs I would make 10k LEs, and I would atleast make 5 ELEs. Sell that plus the LEs and you get a tidy profit. Also good alc experince :P

~kGn

You're right. And speaking of luck, that reminds me...

Before I started useing LEs and ELEs I would make 10k LEs, and I would atleast make 5 ELEs. Sell that plus the LEs and you get a tidy profit. Also good alc experince :P

~kGn

Yeah, also luck in Harvest is nice, luck in PK drops (Thats moi.) and luck in Alch, well tbh, luck in any Skill, apart from Crafting, and summon.

i agree with Strickten..its way to hard to make money on EL

to much time consuming

Edited by scarr

to much time consuming

lazy bum,

put some effort into it. if you were able to make money in 10minutes (serious money) of doing practicaly nothing the entire economy would be ruined again like with the beaver furs.

currently i'm just doign afk harvesting for agneum in mm caves

decent gc profit outta the bit of time + i got a chance for a stone :)

btw, gratz to labrat on the rosto

currently i'm just doign afk harvesting for agneum in mm caves

decent gc profit outta the bit of time + i got a chance for a stone :D

btw, gratz to labrat on the rosto

Want gc? harvest titanium and sell it to the npc, good gc!

if u can´t do it, harvest blue lupine in portland and sell it to the nearby flowershop.

havent done clculations but i think both take the same amount of time to get gc, since titanium harving is so slow, and BL is less boring.

Guest Trojan_Knight

I wonder a couple things I have questions about..

Why should someone that wants to make money be forced to take time out of training a/d for example to harvest or mix (not including top 30 fighters cuz possibly can farm dragon scale and etc)?

Shouldn't each skill be able to make money just as easily as the other skills?

Lastly, if fighters are the main consumers on the game. Back to question 1, how come more then half the fighters can't train a/d and make enough gc to cover training expenses? Sorry thinking I'm getting off topic. :/

My point is, if ya not souly a fighter, there is all kinds of never ending tasks that you could do to make money from what I recall. Triple blue lupine flower to sell to shop, resell fp's, make fe's and sell to players or shop, these three examples require ya not to be anti.. Make bars, harvest stuff, mix a product to fill a order or few..

~TK

In most skills, maximum exp does not always achieve a profit.

For manu - leather helms are made by the ton...despite their low exp.

For Potters SRS

Fighters can easily make money - dropping down a couple of levels of monster and hitting with a big sword....I am thinking particularly of Trolls.

You will get much less exp than 'maximum' / hour, but even so you will probably get more a/d exp than you would get exp in any other skill.

In fact, imho - one of the fastest get rich quick schemes (20k gc/hr) is available to fighters.

another prob is the monster drops are so low it's funny,, c'mon 3gc from a yeti kill? doesn't make it worth it to pull the armor out of storage in my opinion,,even if they dropped 20gc it isn't worth the kill gold wise. need to up the coin drops on all mobs to make fighting / training worth it. there can never be too much coin in any game you play.

Adaanu

Edited by Nvaryea

another prob is the monster drops are so low it's funny,, c'mon 3gc from a yeti kill? doesn't make it worth it to pull the armor out of storage in my opinion,,even if they dropped 20gc it isn't worth the kill gold wise. need to up the coin drops on all mobs to make fighting / training worth it. there can never be too much coin in any game you play.

Adaanu

there is something called an economy. the more money that goes in the more it needs to go out. otherwise its really easy to buy all the fancy gear and it will become common while it is intended to be uncommon.

as for fighting/training not being profitable its not true if you know what you are doing.

I train in tit chain, aug leather pants,iron greaves, tit shield col and NMT on armed orcs female and male. I have 83/82 a/d and atm 20/28/12/12 p/c/w/v (reset) and I make 4-6 k GC a run easely without breaking more then a few bones and maybe 1 or 2 aug leather pants. with that 4-6k gc I can easely replace the 40 SR"s and the 140 HE I used. not to mention I make them myself so I only need GC for FP's.

so as you can see its not true that training can not give a profit infact If my sign is negative I go to a double ogre spawn and I make atleast 20k gc / 2 hours cause of all the items. the exp is bad compared to armed orcs but its profitable.

my 4 cents

to much time consuming

One very simple and effective way is to do the Agneum thing that Labrat suggested. I harvest while looking after family. Is a nice quick way of racking up several kgc. The advantage of it is that you can spam the forums as much as you want while doing it :)

Adaanu

there is something called an economy. the more money that goes in the more it needs to go out. otherwise its really easy to buy all the fancy gear and it will become common while it is intended to be uncommon.

as for fighting/training not being profitable its not true if you know what you are doing.

I train in tit chain, aug leather pants,iron greaves, tit shield col and NMT on armed orcs female and male. I have 83/82 a/d and atm 20/28/12/12 p/c/w/v (reset) and I make 4-6 k GC a run easely without breaking more then a few bones and maybe 1 or 2 aug leather pants. with that 4-6k gc I can easely replace the 40 SR"s and the 140 HE I used. not to mention I make them myself so I only need GC for FP's.

so as you can see its not true that training can not give a profit infact If my sign is negative I go to a double ogre spawn and I make atleast 20k gc / 2 hours cause of all the items. the exp is bad compared to armed orcs but its profitable.

my 4 cents

those are low lvl monsters, and yes i also made a smegload of gc from ogres, but wait till u get to fluffy where u have to flee fight and be content with 1 spawn that respawns every 30 seconds(provided you get an open spawn)...

also if you are willing to put gc into training, you will get faster exp, and with steel plate etc. u can also hold a spawn much longer which is also more exp since u dont have to restock and look for a spawn again.